RotoGrinders.com Forums

Cal
RG Admin, 2013 DSFC, 2013 PFFC, 2012 DFBC, 2010 FFFC, 2012 DK Chase Champ, 2011 ROOGSLAMMLE Champ
Cal
on 7/18/13

Get Updates on the Daily Joust Potentially closing rumors here.

There’s a lot of chatter about DailyJoust closing so I’ve been digging into it today.

Today I talked to Mike Rathburn and both of the owners, Mike Mathys and Mike Brook. Rathburn has moved on to FantasyFeud and Mathys has resigned. The remaining owner is Mike Brook and I’ve asked him to come in and communicate with us.

Both owners assured me that player funds are 100% safe and segregated. The rumor is true that they were pursuing acquisition deals that fell through. Mike Brook plans to continue to run the site and is pursuing other deals. He says there is no truth to the rumor that the site will shut down after SuperJoust. That said, there have clearly been a lot of issues behind the scenes. Mike says he will check in on this thread and answer questions as best he can.

I’m sorry to see the breakup. I’ve worked with all three of these guys for a long time now and enjoyed it. They took an early chance on the Podcast sponsorship, which really turned out well for Grinders. Really glad to see that Rath landed on his feet with Feud.

• on 7/18/13

Like the format, the site is horribly ugly. Really need a better look / interface…. Hopefully they work it out and improve their site.

• billsfan777
    Grinders Live Co-Host, 2013 DSHC Finalist, Moderator
    billsfan777
    on 7/19/13

I like their site, but whenever I login I get a blank page saying the webpage is unavailable. Hasnt worked in weeks on my home computer

• pokerrob1970
    DraftDay BLB Finalist
    pokerrob1970
    on 7/19/13

@billsfan777 said…

I like their site, but whenever I login I get a blank page saying the webpage is unavailable. Hasnt worked in weeks on my home computer

I have had the same issues Billsfan. I had to log in via my cell phone to join the super joust. I wonder if they have blocked Canadain IPs?

• cb35
    2013 FFFC Finalist, 2013 DFFC Finalist
    cb35
    on 7/19/13

I played a shitload on Daily Joust. I’m saddened by this news.

• stevietpfl
    Lead Moderator, 2013 PBC Finalist
    stevietpfl
    on 7/19/13

I play a lot on dj love the site. Always has been the best chat. Will be interesting to see what happens with them.

• billsfan777
    Grinders Live Co-Host, 2013 DSHC Finalist, Moderator
    billsfan777
    on 7/19/13

maybe, but it worked on a hotel lobby computer here, so I cant figure this out

• on 7/19/13

just wondering if a DFS site folded without refunding anything to anybody what legal recourse if any does a player have to recover their money

• cb35
    2013 FFFC Finalist, 2013 DFFC Finalist
    cb35
    on 7/19/13

filing litigation which costs more than your account balance (usually)

• on 7/19/13

It is unfortunate as I have been a big supporter of Daily Joust, but I feel the writing is on the wall. Not sure if they will cease, but I do think users will stop playing there, including myself.

• on 7/19/13

Gl joust players

• on 7/19/13

@billsfan777 said…

maybe, but it worked on a hotel lobby computer here, so I cant figure this out

Try using a different browser. II use Firefox and that seems to work well for me but others swear by chrome. This could be the issue.

• emac
    RG Admin, Weekend Warrior, Ranked: Top 50 Overall
    emac
    on 7/19/13

@misfit said…

Try using a different browser. II use Firefox and that seems to work well for me but others swear by chrome. This could be the issue.

And clear browsing history/memory cache too.

I was having the same issue yesterday trying to get to FanThrowDown.com if I went to that address is was hung up…however if I typed in fanthrowdown.com/lobby all was good

Cleared and rebooted and all works fine now.

• pokerrob1970
    DraftDay BLB Finalist
    pokerrob1970
    on 7/19/13

@misfit said…

Its not. I have tried everything and it just will not load

• jimfred82
    RG Blogger
    jimfred82
    on 7/19/13

say it ain’t so! DJ easily became my favorite site this year and was one of the rare sites I had talked season-long NBAers into playing next year. Bummer.

• Ryan138
    NBA Daily Plays Writer
    Ryan138
    on 7/19/13

My first DFS site i played on and played everyday over there. Very sad to see this if it goes through

Sign In