RotoGrinders.com Forums

on 2/23/12

RG Projections:

Anyone buying the RG projections of Lin having the best game tonight at the guard position over D. Wade, R. Westbrook, Kobe Bryant?

• headChopper
    2013 TPOY - 10th - 2013 DFBBC Champ, Finalist: 2013 FFFC (x2), 2013 DFFC (x2), 2013 PFBC, 2012 FFFC, 2013 DSBBC, 2013 PFFC
    headChopper
    on 2/23/12

At this point I wouldn’t put anything past the Amazin Asian

• on 2/23/12

@barro said…

RG Projections:

Anyone buying the RG projections of Lin having the best game tonight at the guard position over D. Wade, R. Westbrook, Kobe Bryant?

I am selling high!

• jimfred82
    RG Blogger
    jimfred82
    on 2/23/12

i will fully admit i am sort of treating lin like tebow, where i’m just waiting for him to fall flat on his face.

• on 2/23/12

But Tebow never fell!! Unless you consider taking a team no one thought would do anything 2 games into the playoffs falling flat?
    Im sure Lins production will go done when Melo finally is 100% but, it wont be from lack of talent rather lack of playing time.

• jimfred82
    RG Blogger
    jimfred82
    on 2/23/12

@misfit said…

But Tebow never fell!! Unless you consider taking a team no one thought would do anything 2 games into the playoffs falling flat?
    Im sure Lins production will go done when Melo finally is 100% but, it wont be from lack of talent rather lack of playing time.

that’s kind of what i mean. everyone kept waiting for it to happen but it just never seemed to, making him a good nightly play but it’s just hard to believe. i am enjoying having him in a keeper year-long league where i’m last in TO’s anyway, though!

• on 2/23/12

First off, Tebow is awful and Lin is actually good so stop the comparisons.

Secondly, there is no way Lin has a good game tonight because LeBron will guard and own him.

He will be the Heat’s sole focus because they want to make a statement.

• headChopper
    2013 TPOY - 10th - 2013 DFBBC Champ, Finalist: 2013 FFFC (x2), 2013 DFFC (x2), 2013 PFBC, 2012 FFFC, 2013 DSBBC, 2013 PFFC
    headChopper
    on 2/23/12

@2incher said…

First off, Tebow is awful and Lin is actually good so stop the comparisons.

Secondly, there is no way Lin has a good game tonight because LeBron will guard and own him.

He will be the Heat’s sole focus because they want to make a statement.

So you think they put Chalmers(6’2 190 lbs) on Carmelo(6’8 230 lbs) ???
    Doubt it.
    LBJ will have to guard Carmelo or else Melo will go for 50 tonight. And Melo has always been able to hold his own in those H2H matchups with LBJ.
    NBA fantasy is all about opportunity. Opportunity for minutes comes first, then opportunity for shots.
    Lin is getting all the minutes he can handle in non-blowout games, and he is averaging over 17 shots a game since he took over. He is not going anywhere and I wouldn’t expect Chalmers to lock him down tonight considering Chalmers is an average defender and Lin has already torched much better defenders like John Wall, Jason Kidd and even Jeff Teague last night.

• on 2/23/12

Lebron already said he will be guarding Lin

• db730
    Host of Podcast & SiriusXM, 2013 PFBBC Finalist, ROOGSLABBLE Champ '12, Super Joust I Champ, 2013 DFBBC Finalist
    db730
    on 2/23/12

If the Heat are smart, they go big and put Wade at point and make Lin guard him. I don’t think that would work out to well.

No question there is target on Lin (Deron Williams confirmed as much), but with that said I think the mismatch is with his defense not with his offense.

• headChopper
    headChopper
    on 2/23/12

@cjcrawford78 said…

Lebron already said he will be guarding Lin

i believe what he said was that he will guard Lin “at times”… At times, to me, means he will guard Lin for the 3 or 4 minutes that he is on the court that Melo is on the bench.The 35 minutes that Melo is on the floor and LBJ is on the floor, I am pretty sure we will see LBJ strictly on Melo.
    But hey, if you think those statement s mean that LBJ is going to guard Lin the whole game then by all means get Lin out and get Melo in every lineup.
    Part of playing fantasy is trying to see through things and cognitively predict what the matchups might look like on that given night.
    So maybe I am wrong and I lose a bunch of money tonight, but I am banking on LBJ guarding Melo for about 34 minutes, LBJ guarding Lin for about 2 minutes and Lin guarded by Chalmers for the entirety that Chalmers is out there.

• Cal
    RG Admin, 2013 DSFC, 2013 PFFC, 2012 DFBC, 2010 FFFC, 2012 DK Chase Champ, 2011 ROOGSLAMMLE Champ
    Cal
    on 2/23/12

@headChopper said…

i believe what he said was that he will guard Lin “at times”… At times, to me, means he will guard Lin for the 3 or 4 minutes that he is on the court that Melo is on the bench.The 35 minutes that Melo is on the floor and LBJ is on the floor, I am pretty sure we will see LBJ strictly on Melo.
    But hey, if you think those statement s mean that LBJ is going to guard Lin the whole game then by all means get Lin out and get Melo in every lineup.
    Part of playing fantasy is trying to see through things and cognitively predict what the matchups might look like on that given night.
    So maybe I am wrong and I lose a bunch of money tonight, but I am banking on LBJ guarding Melo for about 34 minutes, LBJ guarding Lin for about 2 minutes and Lin guarded by Chalmers for the entirety that Chalmers is out there.

Great post HC on a key component of winning in daily fantasy in general – we all have the same information, but those better at reading the tea leaves have an edge.

Not sure which of you guys is right on Lin tonight but well said nonetheless.

• jimfred82
    RG Blogger
    jimfred82
    on 2/23/12

Am I the only one who doesn’t really think LeBron can guard Lin? I mean, the 3-4 minutes, sure… but seriously, I don’t think a 6’9” freak (even if he is LeBron) can guard a sneaky 6’3” guy with the ball in his hands every single possession. That’s a tough matchup for anyone, even LeBron. LeBron is NOT the on-ball defender that Wade is; it’s not even close, and this is all about on-ball defense. It’s not like LeBron can deny Lin the ball every single possession like he can somebody like Danny Granger or Rudy Gay

• db730
    Host of Podcast & SiriusXM, 2013 PFBBC Finalist, ROOGSLABBLE Champ '12, Super Joust I Champ, 2013 DFBBC Finalist
    db730
    on 2/23/12

Ask Derrick Rose how good LeBron is as on ball defender. He is as good as he wants to be and there is no doubt that he and Wade want to make a point tonight.

With that said, I agree with Chopper…I’m guessing he’ll spend more time on Melo.

• on 2/23/12

Miami is good at minimizing points in the paint. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stand Lebron or Bosh in the middle to force Lin to either get past them or dish it elsewhere. I think Melo should do well tonight if the focus is on Lin….even though LBJ will likely guard Melo most of the game. I suppose Staudamire is worth a look too.

• jimfred82
    RG Blogger
    jimfred82
    on 2/23/12

@db730 said…

Ask Derrick Rose how good LeBron is as on ball defender. He is as good as he wants to be and there is no doubt that he and Wade want to make a point tonight.

With that said, I agree with Chopper…I’m guessing he’ll spend more time on Melo.

good point. very good emphasis on “as good as he wants to be.” that’s everything with the lebronster.

• Cameron
    RG Admin, DK $50K Cash Bowl & Rivals Champion, 2012 ROOGSLABBLE Champ
    Cameron
    on 2/23/12

@barro said…

RG Projections:

I’m assuming you’re talking about DS since Kobe is proj. higher on FD and Joust scoring.

I think Lin handles Chalmers well, and on DS where assists are 1.5 and negatives for misses, 9.6 apg and his FG% (.471 is sick for a guard) has been impressive as heck, there’s no reason he can’t be #1.

Over the last 15 days in FanDuel scoring:

Tony Parker: 37.2 ppg
    Lin: 36.6 ppg
    Westbrook: 36.1 ppg
    Kobe: 34.4 ppg

• on 2/23/12

I’m wondering if Kobe makes up for his performance last night with a big show tonight. I’m not counting on it but his motivation should be a factor.

• bowens1984
    2014 PBC Finalist, ROOGSLABBLE Champion x1.5
    bowens1984
    on 2/23/12

I think they will go big at times, Mike Miller in the line up with Wade and Lebron. Or have Chalmers guard Fields/JR Smith

• headChopper
    headChopper
    on 2/23/12

@lamondbond said…

I’m wondering if Kobe makes up for his performance last night with a big show tonight. I’m not counting on it but his motivation should be a factor.

Here is the quandary about tonight- There are about 8 legit studs who you can make a real case for being motivated tonight.With this being the last game before the break, only 4 games tonight, 2 on TNT, and all these superb matchups it is really going to be tough to narrow down the field on a team tonight.
    I mean, really, Howard vs Pachula? gonna eat him alive. Josh Smith usualy torches the Magic big time, Kobe on TNT against Westbrook and Durant? Something to prove. Durant against the Lakers on TNT? Huge game. Westbrook on fire and against the Lakers. Big game coming. LBJ and Wade against this Linsanity? Should roll. Let us not forget though, Melo vs LBJ usually plays well against him and has something to prove. Amare is cheap as ever and could be big. Lin could keep rolling. Parker been on fire.etc etc etc.
    This is a tough night to play daily fantasy cause there will be 2 or 3 spectacular performance and you can only cross your fingers and hope you choose the right stud.

• Taximike
    2011 ROOGSLAFFLE Champion
    Taximike
    on 2/23/12

When he was in Cleveland, Lebron frequently guarded tough PG’s in big games or close games, but usually only in the last 8-9 minutes of the game, or maybe if the PG was going off early (which wasn’t too surprising considering Mo Williams was guarding them) he would take him for a couple minutes to try and cool him off.

Rajon Rondo comes to mind as well as Tony Parker in the Finals.

• jimfred82
    RG Blogger
    jimfred82
    on 2/24/12

and, as it turns out, it was mario’s D that killed Lin. who would have thunk it?

i think reggie miller had a pretty intelligent statement (for once) when he said, “this may be a blessing in disguise for Lin.”

• wb403n
    RG Blogger
    wb403n
    on 2/24/12

Lin almost killed me…but Blair saved me.

• headChopper
    headChopper
    on 2/24/12

If Baron Davis can get in game shape and stay healthy he will be starting PG for this NY Knick team before the season is over…… Its not the player, its the system

• Dex
    Dex
    on 2/24/12

No way Baron looks awful out there. He can’t shoot, his knees are shot, & he’s Baron Davis.

• jimfred82
    RG Blogger
    jimfred82
    on 2/24/12

this would be a perfect time to insert the picture of baron davis pulling his shirt up after that crazy dunk years back… i can’t seem to find it though!

• Cameron
    Cameron
    on 2/24/12

@headChopper said…

If Baron Davis can get in game shape and stay healthy he will be starting PG for this NY Knick team before the season is over…… Its not the player, its the system

wow. ballsy call of the year right here!

I dunno…I think that at the end of the day, there’s too many billions of dollars to earn from the Asian NBA markets for Stern to allow that move to happen.

• Cameron
    Cameron
    on 2/24/12

@jimfred82 said…

this would be a perfect time to insert the picture of baron davis pulling his shirt up after that crazy dunk years back… i can’t seem to find it though!

http://youtu.be/8w_1ZEk4mds?t=44s

I lol at this celebration every time.

• rotokevin
    2014 DFBC Finalist, CPA & DFS Tax Guru
    rotokevin
    on 2/24/12

The best part to me is Dick Bavetta pantomiming the celebration at the scorer’s table to confirm is should be a technical. Of course, for optimal Bavetta you have to go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twwa9DvE1U

“He’s fast, yo.”

Sign In