MAIN FORUM

Comments

• Notorious

2013 DD BLB Champion, 2012 DSBC Finalist, 2012 DSBBC Finalist, 2013 DFBBC Finalist, 2013 DSBC Finalist (x2)

Top QB Week 1: Drew Brees or Tom Brady?

I can’t believe we only have a few days until the NFL starts, life is good! Talking about anything NFL related is great, so who is your top QB this week? I think my two favorite have to be Drew Brees at home against the Falcons and Tom Brady facing that Buffalo Bills defense.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

How about Kaepernick? Brees is probably the safest QB play but Kaep could be a wild card if he does to the Pack what he did in the playoffs.

• DillingerFour

Mee Mee FDee Reep

I like Timmy Brady this week.

• agendaman

/

matt ryan will have to throw a ton to keep falcons in game vs. brees in a 2qb. site i take them both

• jerlevine

StarStreet Rep

I don’t like Brady week 1. The game’s going to be a blowout and I think they’re just going to pound the ball. Love Ridley as a week 1 play. Staying away from anyone in the passing game. (Said by a huge pats fan who almost always loves Brady.)

• AveryBradley

@jerlevine said…

I don’t like Brady week 1. The game’s going to be a blowout and I think they’re just going to pound the ball. Love Ridley as a week 1 play. Staying away from anyone in the passing game. (Said by a huge pats fan who almost always loves Brady.)

For football season I think all StarStreet employees should have to wear Pats jerseys around the office on NFL sunday. Seems like a great idea that everyone would be cool with…

Fwiw I’d go Brees over Timmy since his top 3 weapons aren’t in jail, had 5 surgeries in 2 years and on the Broncos right now.

• bestintheworld

BITW

@jerlevine said…

I don’t like Brady week 1.

Ditto. I think there are better options. Brady isn’t really cheap anywhere this week. Last year, the Jets for crying out loud came out and killed the Bills by 21 points. No telling what the Pats will do to them.

• headChopper

2013 TPOY - 10th - 2013 DFBBC Champ, Finalist: 2013 FFFC (x2), 2013 DFFC (x2), 2013 PFBC, 2012 FFFC, 2013 DSBBC, 2013 PFFC

cant go wrong with either-
    Brady always torches these guys and out to prove everyone is full of sh*t writing off the Pats. He always uses these types of games to make a statement.
    Brees with his old offensive minded coach back, in a dome shootout, can’t miss either.

• bowens1984

2014 PBC Finalist, ROOGSLABBLE Champion x1.5

I’d prefer both Brees or Matt Ryan over Brady, how much will Brady be throwing in the 2nd half?

• jerlevine

StarStreet Rep

@AveryBradley said…

For football season I think all StarStreet employees should have to wear Pats jerseys around the office on NFL sunday. Seems like a great idea that everyone would be cool with…

Can’t believe we’re not doing that already. May have to make you our head of corporate culture.

• DillingerFour

Mee Mee FDee Reep

@headChopper said…

cant go wrong with either-
    Brady always torches these guys and out to prove everyone is full of sh*t writing off the Pats. He always uses these types of games to make a statement.
    Brees with his old offensive minded coach back, in a dome shootout, can’t miss either.

+1

If Bellicheck is in a dick mood they’ll throw the ball 40+ times regardless of the score.

• adnoble

@DillingerFour said…

+1

If Bellicheck is in a dick mood they’ll throw the ball 40+ times regardless of the score.

exactly. Wasn’t it like 4 years ago or so when the pats ran up the score on the redskins? Like 50+ points. Brady played most of it.

• OneShotKill17

Does your answer change depending upon what type of game you are playing? Like in a big GPP are you going to try and fade Brees, Ryan, or Brady thinking everyone else will also have them? Or does this week have too much potential (esp the Brees/Ryan matchup o/u 54) to try and fade one of these QBs?

• bestintheworld

BITW

@OneShotKill17 said…

Does your answer change depending upon what type of game you are playing? Like in a big GPP are you going to try and fade Brees, Ryan, or Brady thinking everyone else will also have them? Or does this week have too much potential (esp the Brees/Ryan matchup o/u 54) to try and fade one of these QBs?

Good question. I still think there are better options than Brady. But as for Ryan/Brees, it depends on the site and the type of contest. H2H, I would definitely take one of the two. GPP, it might be good to fade, but if you are going to fade I don’t think you choose a player in the same price range, I think you go lower and try to load up on an expensive option somewhere else.

• OneShotKill17

@bestintheworld said…

Good question. I still think there are better options than Brady. But as for Ryan/Brees, it depends on the site and the type of contest. H2H, I would definitely take one of the two. GPP, it might be good to fade, but if you are going to fade I don’t think you choose a player in the same price range, I think you go lower and try to load up on an expensive option somewhere else.

That was kind of my thought, you aren’t going to fade them and pay for Rodgers. You are going to try and find someone serviceable and stack up at the RB/WR position.

• Ethan

DraftKings Rep

@adnoble said…

exactly. Wasn’t it like 4 years ago or so when the pats ran up the score on the redskins? Like 50+ points. Brady played most of it.

Just going out on a limb here but I think Belichick may be in a bad mood. It’s been a…long…offseason

• jmbwngfn

2011 DFBC Finalist, MLB Projections Manager, RG NHL Guru, CFB Projections Manager

Too many question marks around the NE offense right now to take Brady over Brees this week. And Jeff Tuel will probably serve up a pair of pick-sixes.

• Superrfly

Call me crazy, but with all the studs being healthy I think it’s time to to deploy season-long drafting strategy for week 1 (only)…take a QB later and fit all the studs you can get in there. We don’t really know what sleepers will go off just yet, so why not let somebody else blow up on them? I’ll probably be smoking some Weeden or Pryor on a couple lineups, and throw in a traditional lineup as well with a high priced QB like Rodgers/Brady.

• gibbathy

2013 FF PGA Cup Co-Champion

Brees over Brady. I think Ridley is going to have monster game week 1.

In fact I like Stafford vs the Vikings better than Brady.

• chronoxiong

Wow, you guys really are fading out Brady? I was thinking about picking him in one of my lineups. I thought that maybe the Patriots want to prove to everyone that they can make plays and will do it against the Bills.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

The only reason I plan on fading Brady/Brees is for my GPP lineups. Tons of people will be picking them this week, so I’d rather spend elsewhere and grab some less owned players that I think will blow up this week.

We’ll see how it works out…

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses: