CFB Thoughts: Saturday, December 20th
The College Football Bowl Season is upon us! The action kicks off this Saturday with a five game slate. Below I will give you a couple quick thoughts on each of the games.
- Both of these teams have really bad pass defenses. In saying that though, neither team has a WR that you can trust. All the WRs are cheap and all could be GPP punt plays. If I had to pick, I would take Jerico Richardson of Nevada, he had ten catches in a game earlier this season.
- I really like both of these QBs, because of their dual threat ability. Cody Farjardo is really the only QB that you can trust to have a big game. Terrence Broadway is really underpriced on DK.
- This could come back to hurt me, but I don’t think I will have much exposure to RB Elijah McGuire. In two of out his last three games, he failed to have over 50 rushing yards. While he is a home run threat, they often give the ball to Alonzo Harris near the goal line. If I spending up at RB, I like some other options.
- Nevada RB Don Jackson also makes a good mid-range value play. In three out of his last four games, he had over 20 carries and 100+ yards. The only downside to him is he doesn’t get into the end zone much, mainly because Farjardo is stealing the touchdowns.
- Utah State WR Hunter Sharp has not done much because of all of the injuries at the QB position. His price is pretty cheap, and I think he could be in for a big day.
- Other than Sharp and maybe Utah State WR JoJo Natson, I don’t see myself targeting a lot of players from this game. I like Natson because he gets a handful of carries. This game has the lowest total of the day. Plus, I really don’t taking players against the Utah State defense.
- Pay up for Rashard Higgins because he will be worth it. I have a feeling some people won’t want to pay up for Higgins and save money and take Corey Davis. In his last two games, he has 24 catches for 360 yards and four TDs. Utah has the 89th ranked pass defense.
- I really like Utah’s WR Kaelin Clay as a value play. He had his best game last time out with ten catches for 88 yards and two TDs. He also had a big game against Oregon.
- I will have Utah RB Devontae Booker in a lot of my lineups. I really like the amount of touches he gets. In his last four games, he has averaged 20 carries a game. He also has 26 receptions in that span. Colorado State’s rushing defense ranks 87th in the nation.
- I like CSU QB Garrett Grayson price a lot better on DK than FD. Utah QB Travis Wilson could be a decent punt play, but he is pretty inconsistent for my liking.
- Air Force Starting RB Jacobi Owens is out with an injury. Both D.J. Johnson and Shayne Davern split carries in their last game. I like other punt RBs more than these two.
- Air Force QB Kale Pearson is good to go after missing the last game with an injury. The injury risk is still there and I will likely stay away. The backup also played well last week. He could be a great GPP play because most will be scared off of him.
- While I am over all Javion Franklin and the running game, I like the passing game a little bit more. Air Force ranks 98th in the nation in defending the pass. I like QB Zach Terrell a lot more on FD than DK.
- If you don’t want to pay up for Higgins, you can’t go wrong with Corey Davis. Davis has a TD in seven straight games and has over 100 yards receiving in four out of his last five games. If you don’t want to spend up for the WMU passing game, I like Daniel Braverman as a value play.
- If you learned one thing this season, it was to target players against Bowling Green. The Falcons rank both in the 100s in pass and rush defense.
- You can’t really trust any South Alabama RBs because they split carries. I am all over the South Alabama passing game. I really like QB Brandon Bridge as he threw for four TDs in his last appearance. He has also shown his rushing ability against the bad teams. You have to like WR Shavarez Smith as a punt play at WR. He is really the only threat in the passing game for South Alabama.
- I really like Bowling Green RB Travis Greene as a mid-range RB play. Since returning from injury, Greene has run for over 100 yards and scored a TD in both games. South Alabama ranks 88th against the run.
- You really can’t trust any of the Bowling Green WRs. Roger Lewis got off to a hot start but faded down the stretch. Gehrig Dieter was the most consistent WR down the stretch. I have no problem in picking a Bowling Green WR but good luck in picking the right one. Don’t take QB James Knapke.