I Suck at Bold Predictions (Week 7)
Oh. Hello again. Surprised anyone would want to read something by me after my atrocious bold predictions from last week that hopefully no one listened to. If you bought the Andrew Hawkins over AJ Green hype, I feel your pain. Joe Haden who? Green pretty much killed any chance of Hawkins going off, putting up 135/2tds with over double the targets Hawkins got. Let’s take a look at the carnage that was.
Last Week’s Bold Predictions:
- Andrew Hawkins will be a top 5 WR. (um…yea…moving on)
- Darren McFadden will break the single game yards from scrimmage record. (Probably should have saved that one for this week, but he still had 98 total yds and a TD, nothing close to any records though haha)
- Victor Cruz will be held under 5 catches and under 50 yards. (6 catches, 58 yards, and 1 TD later made this pick almost sorta kinda right. I think he gets half of those numbers and no TD’s if the 49ers D showed up that day)
- Colts will be the highest scoring defense. (LOL. just awful. lowest scoring defense. I hate you Shonn Greene)
- Mike Wallace & Antonio Brown will score 2 td’s each. (25% right, epic fail. Antonio with 20 yards on 4 catches and 10 targets is just awful. When Isaac Redman has almost as many receiving yards as Wallace and Brown combined you know it’s going to be a weird week)
- William Powell will have a multi-td game and have over 70 yards rushing. (Hey-O something resembling a semi-decent prediction. Powell didn’t find the endzone but hit the 70 rushing yards exactly and looks like the guy to use if you somehow lost a bet and have to start a Cardinals RB in the future.)
OK so I stuck my balls out and they got chopped off. It happens, I’m sorry. If someone can post a link to a lineup they played in week 6 with at least 5 of the 7 players/defense listed above, I’ll send you $10 on Paypal. Seriously, just post the game link in the comments with your Paypal e-mail.
Alright, the time has come, Naap’s dreaded week 7 bold predictions. This is a disclaimer to read the next section at your own risk. Here goes nothing….(literally most likely)
Week 7 Bold Predictions:
- Brandon Marshall will break his single game reception record of 21 that he set against Indy in 2009.
- Phil Dawson will get at least 18 fantasy points.
- All three NY Giants RB’s (Bradshaw/Brown/Wilson) will have a TD vs Washington.
On the bright side, I can’t do worse than last week, which obviously means I will do worse than last week, so I apologize in advance. Good luck to everyone in week 7!
Naapstermaan has been playing Daily Fantasy Sports since 2010, season-long fantasy since 2004, and used to grind online poker for over 7 years. Notable DF Sports achievements include winning a seat to the finals of the 2011 DFBC and the 2012 FFFC. Through just Week 6 of the 2012 NFL Season, “Naap” had 2 weeks where he won more than $10,000, and he took down the inaugural DraftKings $50,000 event. Combining his notoriously humorous photo-edits with his Daily Fantasy savvy, Naap graces RotoGrinders with his unique column each week on the RG.