LeRoiStephon UFC Brasilia DraftKings Top Plays
Let’s get into the top picks and plays for the UFC Brasilia Card This Upcoming weekend
Top Tier 9.4-8.6 k
1. Johnny Walker($8,600)- Walker and Krylov will finish inside the distance.. If it doesn’t, I’ll be dumbfounded.. Of Krylov’s last 10 fights, 9 have gone to a finish. All of Walker’s 21 pro fights have finished except for 1 on the Contender’s series.. I want a fighter from this fight in every lineup and Walker is my preference.. He’s a big, strong killer who looks to have decent enough skills everywhere to be able to outlast a more experienced, but less athletic and explosive version of his self in a sense.. Both of these guys are promising young fighters, but I’m more enthusiastic about the future and prospects of Walker than I am of Krylov.. Like I said, this fight will be on a winning lineup, so I’ll have exposure to Krylov, but Walker is someone I’m even considering for cash!! I think he has that big of an advantage…
2. Veronica Macedo($9,100)- Veronica Macedo is only 1-3 in her 4 UFC fights, but her losses have usually come due to being outgrappled by bigger, and or more experienced opponents like Andrea KGB Lee, Ashlee Evans Smith and also Gillian Robertson.. Macedo is a black belt in taekwondo and karate and a brown belt in BJJ which will give her an incredible advantage on the ground due to some of the grappling deficiencies of her opponent Bea Malecki.. I’m not fully trusting Macedo, but she’s the most contrarian, highest upside play in her price range, and although I will have exposure to her opponent Bea Malecki, I plan to have Macedo as a center piece of my lineups… I’m not locking her in, but her and her opponent won’t be as owned as they should for how wild this fight should be..
3. Renato Moicano($9,400)- Moicano hasn’t done much grappling in his UFC career, and the last time he did, against Brian Ortega, he was swiftly submitted.. That being said, he’s actually a very high level BJJ black belt.. This is significant because his opponent, Damir Hadzovic has been absolutely atrocious on the mat being taken down 19 times in 4 of his UFC fights, 3 of which he lost and he should have lost the other one against Marcin Held, but found a lucky knee of a sloppy move by Held.. Hadzovic is serviceable on the feet, but when it comes to the grappling, he has been consistently atrocious for the level of competition he’s facing.. I think Moicano has the advantage on the feet as well, but after being ko’d against two slobberknockers(Jose Aldo, and Korean Zombie No shame there) in two straight fights, I think Moicano will be anxious to reassert himself as a top contender, and the UFC has given him the perfect opponent to do such: somebody he can just take down and submit.. Moicano is safer than Macedo, as I’m not playing any of his opponent, that’s how confident I am in him, but he’ll be very popular and he’s not as flexible to roster.. When rostering high dollar option, I like to get off the field and Moicano could have an ownership that goes into the 40th percentile…
1. Kevin Lee($8,300)- When a 5 Round Main event like this between two finish or be finished fighters is at this point on the pricing spectrum, you get it in every lineup, no questions asked.. Kevin Lee has beaten a lot of guys like Charles Oliveira, but Oliveira has yet to overcome an obstacle like that of Kevin Lee.. Lee is the better wrestler, the better striker, he’s the better athlete, but Kevin Lee fades sometimes and Oliveira is such a talented submission artist, we can’t count him out at all.. Lee is somebody I will be rostering in cash this week…I like him that much..
2. Charles Oliveira($7,900)- This Main Event vs Kevin Lee is going to be on a winning lineup, and in a middle tier that lacks definite upside outside of Oliveira and his opponent, I want to get this right.. I think Lee is the superior fighter, but Lee has a penchant for looking like gold early and fading late.. He did it against Tony Ferguson, and he did it against Rafael Dos Anjos as well.. Kevin Lee is the best fighter in the world for about the first two rounds, and then it’s been all downhill from there.. Charles Oliveira was the same guy in the past, BUT, he’s matured, and seeing as he’s an ELITE submission threat at anytime, I can see him catching Lee.. I will have much less of Lee than Oliveira, but I will have shares of both..
3. David Dvorak($8,000)- Gotta love debuting fighters, against lower level UFC competition at this price.. He’ll be super low owned, and his fight has a GREAT chance to finish.. Get shares of him and his opponent Bruno Silva and be ahead of the field on a fight that has an excellent chance to find a finish..
1. Rani Yahya($7,500)- Yahya’s opponent Barzola is neither the more lauded grappler, nor has he faced the tougher competition.. Rani Yahya is simply better everywhere and I don’t believe there’s much of a question about that.. If that’s the case, why is Barzola at $8,700 and Yahya is at $7,500… If this fight finishes, I expect Yahya to do the finishing.. Yahya is the top dog on the slate and it’s not particularly close…
2. Demian Maia($7,200)- In a matchup of two elite, world class grapplers, Maia has accomplished more in both MMA and BJJ than his opponent Gilbert Burns, and his losses have come against much tougher competition… Burns doesn’t have much potential to finish as Maia has never been submitted in the UFC and he has been knocked out just once in his entire UFC career, over a decade ago against Nate Marquardt.. Burns shouldn’t be able to KO or submit Maia, but I could see the BJJ phenom Maia submitting Burns no problem.. Burns has no upside and he’s $1,800 more in a fight that should go to decision.. Give me massive amounts of Demian Maia exposure.. Burns could get the win, but Maia is at such a discount we need to load up on him..
3. NIkita Krylov($7,600)- He will be finished or he will finish his opponent, plain and simple.. I like his opponent Walker better, but in this evenly matched of a fight, Walker should not be $1,000 more.. Krylov is more flexible and afford you more cash to get higher upside plays on your roster.. He will be super popular this weekend..
Fighters To Avoid
Marya Bueno Silva($8,500) and Maryna Moroz($7,700)- This fight is almost sure to crap the bed.. Stay away.,,
Gilbert Burns($9,000)- Not Much Upside For The Price..