SportsTradex: Top MLB Targets 7/29
What’s up Grinders? BritDevine and myself are going to be introducing a new article series for SportsTradex. It is a new daily fantasy sports site that has some very unique game offerings that we haven’t seen before in the industry. If you missed Brit’s blog post on Friday, check it out here for a recap of how to play SportsTradex unique gametypes
As many of you may know, DraftStreet was my home site where I had around 75% of my action. With DS being gone, I’m looking to try out new sites and so far I really like what I see from SportsTradex. I’m giving SportsTradex a serious look as a site to put a lot of my action on and with the bonuses that they are currently offering, I suggest that you do the same.
UP FRONT cash bonus of 30% up to $120: If you haven’t deposited on SportsTradex yet use Referral Code “GRINDERS” (case sensitive, so ALL CAPS) for an up-front cash bonus of 30% up to $120. That’s right, cash in your account you can use right away! They require a 3x rollover before cashing out the bonus. So, if you deposit $100, you must play $300 worth of games before you can cash out your deposit and bonus money. This is one of the best bonuses in the industry!
Top Targets for Draft Contests – 7/29
Description of Draft Contests: Draft a team of 7, 8 or 9 players in this tiered fantasy draft game. The number of players you will draft from each tier varies depending on the strategy option you select in the dropdown box. You have three options:
Option 1: 7 Players: 3A, 1B, 1C, 2D
Option 2: 8 Players: 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D
Option 3: 9 Players: 1A, 3B, 3C, 2D
Here is the breakdown of the tiers:
Tier A – Includes all of the top pitching options
Tier B – Includes value pitching options + the stud hitters
Tier C – Includes mid-range hitting options
Tier D – Includes value hitters (Bargain Bin Ballers)
I will be taking a balanced approach tonight so I’m going to choose Option 2 which lets me take 2 ace pitchers with 2 hitters from each of the other 3 tiers. Here are my top three targets in each tier:
1. Cole Hamels – Hamels is having a terrific season. He has a 2.72 ERA with a K/9 of 9.2. What’s really impressive is that he’s only giving up 0.59 HR’s per 9 innings. I love the matchup for him tonight against the Mets in the pitcher-friendly Citi Field.
2. Jeff Samardzija – Samardzija is the biggest favorite on the board tonight. He is facing the strikeout happy Astros who will have Scott Feldman on the mound. Samardzija pitched a gem in his last outing against the Astros by striking out 6 batters while only giving up a single run over 8 innings of work.
3. Tyson Ross – Ross has been nearly unhittable at home this season. He has posted a 1.89 ERA at Petco while averaging 9.2 K’s per 9 innings. I like the matchup against the Cardinals who offense has been stagnant.
1. Mike Trout – It’s hard to argue against Trout as the top choice in Tier B. He has a great matchup against Chris Tillman in a hitter-friendly Camden Yards. He’s a dual threat as he has 24 HR’s and 10 SB’s on the season.
2. Miguel Cabrera – Miggy doesn’t have the best matchup on the board, but he’s facing a lefty at home. Historically, Miggy has crush LH pitching at Comerica and he makes a solid option tonight against Quintana.
1. Victor Martinez – V-Mart has a .503 wOBA vs. LH pitching this season which puts him at the top of my list in Tier C. Quintana has pitched well this season, but the Tigers hit LH pitching well and I think V-Mart will get plenty of RBI opportunities.
2. Melky Cabrera – Melky is on a tear right now. He hit 2 HR’s last night and now has 18 hits over his last 10 games. He has a nice matchup against Rubby De La Rosa in the hitter-friendly Fenway Park.
1. Dioner Navarro – Tier D is all about finding the best value plays. There are quite a few that stand out tonight and my favorite two are both catchers. Navarro should be back in the lineup tonight and will likely be batting clean-up against Rubby De La Rosa.
Hope you enjoyed the post. I’ll see you all in the SportsTradex Draft Contests tonight!