The 6/11 Daily Fantasy Round-Up
Welcome to the second edition of the Daily Fantasy Round-Up. When this thing goes viral, hopefully it will be “The Daily Fantasy Round-Up Sponsored by Round-Up”. A kid can dream. On to last night’s games:
The Strong Arms
Aaron Harang made the Astros look like the Astros we know and love. I had him on my list of players and was too gun-shy to pull the trigger. Have the Astros officially replaced the Marlins as the auto-start of the opposite pitcher? Rumor has it since the Mets let go of Rick Ankiel, they may bring him back because he fans so much, he is being looked at by the city as a possible solution to the oppressive summer heat.
- Miguel Gonzalez used the Angels to piss us all off again.
- The Big Fozzie Bear, Michael Wacha Wacha Wacha got his first win of the season. The Met’s tried to make the youngster look bad in the first inning, but in true Met’s fashion, produced a come-from-ahead-loss.
Were They Throwing Underhand?
Matt Garza seems to be the spinach to Cincinnati’s Popeye, as he threw BP to them for 5 innings. We all of course picked the wrong Reds in our line-ups.
- John Lester and Derrick Holland were pretty high up on most people’s boards yesterday. Both failed to get out of the 5th inning. Derrick Holland owes me back my $3 in 50/50 entry fees. I think he’s good for it.
The Big Wood
Tyler Colvin went DD (Double Dong, not DraftDay) yesterday. Too bad none of us had him on FanDuel. I know they like to get their games set up early, but there has to be a way to have these guys who are on the brink of getting called up onto the rosters earlier. Hell, they had Colin Cowgill and Kirk Newiwereiladfjahuis from the Mets on the site, even though they’ve been in AAA since the Third Grade Picnic. I feel like a couple of kids with See N Says and a couple of cans of yams could get this done. The E-trade Baby probably has some friends. Call him up FanDuel!
Desmond Jennings also went DD yesterday. So much for the Lester domination. Probably shouldn’t use “lester” and “domination” in the same sentence. (Ed Note: This joke was approved by a Penn State grad. AKA Myself)
I Picked Them So They Are Sure to Fail
6/10 Wacha (meh), Scherzer (Yay), Hamels (meh)
- Today’s Pitchers I like: Shelby Miller vs The Mets. As if I haven’t bashed the Mets enough in this column.
Hot Lunch Special of the Day
A Player Under 3k on FanDuel Guaranteed to Give the Opposing Pitcher a Hot Lunch
6/10 Jose Lobaton – Of course he’s on the bench during a TB explosion.
- Today I like Ian Desmond in Coors. Priced to move!!!
Happy Grinding! May your punts go long!