The 6/21 Daily Fantasy Round-Up
Hello Sports Fans! Welcome to the TGIF Edition of the Daily Fantasy Round-Up. No time to waste, let’s make like an estimator, and round up!
The Strong Arm
Jordan Zimmermann – J Zimms was by far the play of the night. Tulo meant a lot more to the Rockies line-up than a lot of people realize. Without Tulo, it’s much easier to pitch around Cargo. Cargo’s nagging injuries aren’t helping matters either. The NL West is becoming a more and more crowded picture, and the Rockies are starting to get cropped out.
The Big Wood
Kyle Seager – Kyle Seager put up 14.75 points on FanDuel last night, most of them courtesy of the “Value Play” Tommy Hanson. Both starting pitchers in that game were a train wreck. Many a line-up last night was Yoko’d by Tommy and Felix (read: every one of mine).
Evan Longoria – Longo defies all BvPs and goes DOUBLEDONG in the Bronx.
David Wright – Wright also went DOUBLEDONG against a disappointing Mike Minor. Wright has to be leading the league in all categories of bases empty at bats. Seriously, the Mets get on base so little, that at Citi Field they actually give away a base in the 6th inning to a fan, because they don’t actually need it.
Hindsight is 20/20
Felix Hernandez – I know it’s the Angel’s, but c’mon man, they spotted you 7 runs!!!
The Friday Top 5
5 Weekend Value Plays
1) Cody Ransom – 3k – Cody is platooning right now, but when he gets in the line-up, he hits in a decent spot and has been producing. Whatever day they decide to play him against the Astros, get him in.
2) Nick Markakis – 3.3k – Look for a lot of runs to be scored in the Bal/Tor series. The phallic trio of Dickey, Wang and Johnson should provide ample opportunities for DONGs from Marcake.
3) Melky Cabrera – 3k – On the flip side, Melky has been hitting well and gets Hammel, Gonzalez and Garcia this weekend.
4) Luke Scott – 3.1k – The Rays haven’t played Scott the last two games, and I’m not sure why, as he has been producing lately. I can’t find any injury reports on him. That being said, when he is in the line-up he has been hitting value. The Yankees are starting to give up some runs. He could be a very sneaky play this weekend.
5) Brandon Belt – 3.3k – Brandon has been very consistent lately and gets the Fish at home this weekend. Like his match-ups.
Hot Lunch Special of the Day
A Player Under 3k on FanDuel Guaranteed to Give the Opposing Pitcher a Hot Lunch
Brian Dozier – Brian “Don’t Call me DJ” Dozier has been hitting lead-off and is 2.7k. He gets Scott Kazmir tonight. That sounds like a fun match-up to me.
Happy Grinding! May your punts be Hall of Famer Ray Guy-esque and go looooong!