The Curious Case of a Weird Week
Straightaway, let me recommend that everyone on this site read Andy Means’ Core Plays article yesterday (Tuesday March 12). An incredibly thoughtful blog on an extremely painful moment in his life. Kudos to Andy for sharing his thoughts and feelings with us…. Now, onto today. The NBA slate is pretty interesting for a six game slate. I’ll get to this later. For now, I have to throw out some quick thoughts on a number of different subjects.
1) Like many other golf players, I was Jason Day’d this weekend. I still would have missed the cash line even if he continued on, so I have no issues there. Rather, what type of idiot withdraws from a golf tournament, then complains about how he could barely walk post his practice round earlier in the week, and then goes to Disney on Friday to walk around and be seen publicly? How about getting some treatment if your back is in such bad shape? I hope he shoots 85 over this weekend at the Players.
2) Mr Big Chest Antonio Brown is headed to the Raiders, otherwise known as the “Team where WRs go to die.” Various sports reporters opine that the Raiders “stole” AB. However, I think the Steelers got the better end of this deal as no doubt Mr. Big Head will be complaining by week 2. Good luck in Oakland/Vegas/Bakersfield/wherever Mr. Big Head. And please fix your terrible hair and mustache.
3) I got Gallo’d last night as Danilo Galinari was a late scratch. I am surprisingly calm about this, but it still stinks when someone gets late scratched when you had that player everywhere. I am still a proponent of no late swap, but understand how it can be frustrating.
4) Tiger Woods is going to play in the Players this weekend. No doubt he will garner 14%-18% type of ownership. Feels like he has a built in excuse for not playing well in his neck issue. He says he is fine, but back issues can manifest themselves in other areas of the body. I feel a Jason Day back issue coming up. Needless to say, I won’t be playing Tiger at all this weekend.
5) Don’t mess with Serge Ibaka. Fighting in the NBA is stupid, but I have nothing but respect for Serge. He keeps it real.
6) James Dolan is a tool. Nothing else needs to be said here.
Ok, let’s take a look at tonight’s slate. Steph Curry jumped out at me as a primetime target given Durant’s absence. However, he looks like mega chalk in a game in which the Rockets might score 135 points. I am going to try to find a way to get up to Harden as the Warriors don’t play defense. Also, Draymond and Klay are cheaper and have similar upside relative to their salaries. Vucevic is my “lock” on every site as the Magic get the up pace Wizards tonight. Vuc should go for 40-50 DK points in what could be a close game. Also, did you know that the Magic still have a shot at the playoffs? Yeah, neither did I. Other Magic players like Terrence Ross and Evan Fournier are also in play. I’d love to see some surprise injury news in that Jazz/Suns game emerge, but as of now I can’t play anyone here as both teams are reasonably healthy.
Good luck in all of your contests tonight.