Week 10 NFL Core Draughts
Week 9 review:
Holy Moly.. let’s just leave it at that for the sake that kids may be reading this. I start to write my notes in a blog for the first time last week and I don’t think I could have done worse. It was my absolute worst week of the year. I should have let my 9 yr old draft my lineup. The silver lining: It can only go up from here.
My goal is to get as close as I can to 100pts out of these for core guys so I can plug and play multiple options around them.
Let’s take a look at how last week played out, keep in mind , not that well.. so hopefully, the first week to blog my cores is not a jinx
1. Hunt: 8.1 pts (16% owned)
2. Williams: 15.1 pts (.5% owned)
3. Hopkins 17.6 pts (5.6% owned)
4. Funchess 11.1 pts (19.9% owned)
Total: 51.9 pts (48.1 pts short)
From an ownership level, this was looking good. I was highly optimistic going into the contest because these low ownership numbers would be keep into riding high in a GPP.
1. Okay, as a Cowboys fan – woot! woot! Take down the #1 AFC team and show them who’s boss! Welcome to Jerry’s house. Hunt on the other hand was not the best choice and the Cowboys def has now proven itself over the last few weeks that they can hold their own. Even as I watched the game and saw how much they were collapsing their front line, I thought well, they ‘Boys have this game on track but Hunt has the ability to break one big one. That didn’t happen and I over-payed for a dud.
2. Williams played out pretty well. He was more active in the pass game which was good but didn’t have the rushing balance, which could have paid out big. for a $4,500 salary I will take the 15pts knowing I was only 30 rushing yrds and a TD from hitting 25pts but definitely hit a good value marker. No regrets on this pick.
3. So I wrote this blog and talked about how I wasn’t going to pay up for Watson but wanted to reap some of his benefits. He goes down in practice and I am thinking, do i really want to keep Hopkins in the mix? Heck yeah! He has the most targets and who else was Savage going to throw to? Plus, I thought everyone would come off of him with the Watson news, which they did. No way was I going to touch Fuller though. Well, we saw how this played out. Less than stellar but not horrible for Hopkins. I had 15pts as his floor but was paying up for his ceiling.
4. Funchess was a bunch(ess) of crap. 20% owned and not even 100 yards or a TD. Cam took a lot on his back and rushed and threw it around a lot. Should have given more targets his way but that didn’t happen. Enough about him and I will most likely stay away from Carolina moving forward unless Cam is good option or Olsen comes back.
Finish your beer to drown your sorrows from Week 9. Grab a new one to excited for Week 10! In fact , let’s add a shot of tequila this week.
Week 10 – here we go
I think there are a lot of good matchups to exploit, almost too many but just hope the ones that I ride pay off even the other ones do as well.
1.STAFFORD (DET) – No question he is on fire and a work horse. He’s got a swagger like he is the highest paid player and now starting to put up numbers like to back it up. I think it also helps Detroit’s mental game knowing that Rodgers is out and they need to capitalize on it.He is the 4th highest salary QB on FanDuel this week so why pay up more? Save the cash and lets lock down a 25pt performance against the Browns! Oh, did I also forget to mention that he is playing the Browns. Go ahead and lock him in.
2. FOURNETTE (JAX) – He got rest from the bye week and had a little tantrum with his coach, now he is expected to roll this week. I am expecting him to literally roll over the pathetic Chargers def. The Jags have a passing game that can assist them in getting into the red zone. He is such a threat and can power through the goal line. It should be a good week for him to eclipse 100yrd and 2 or 3 TDs. Marrone – give him the ball! 25 + carries.. let’s go!
3. JUJU (PIT) – There has got be some exposure to this PIT team. Bell and Brown are high priced (But I will try and sneak them in most of my lineups where I can ). JuJu has proved over the last couple weeks that he can get the ball and do something with it. The Colts pass defense is in the bottom 10%. I don’t think they will be able to cover all the PIT receivers so I think there possibly a mini-stack of JuJu/Brown but I am going to save some money here (only $6,500 on FanDuel). Some people are going to be high on Bryant because of the price difference. He will be limited in targets and, barring a big play, will probably wind up in the single digit for fantasy points.
4. JONES (DET) – This seems to be a good pairing for the money. Some lineups you could probably even do a 3 some with Stafford/Jones/Tate. They are playing the Browns – need I say more? There are a lot of good potential receivers in this $6500 range. Anderson (Jets) is another good one as the Buc secondary is terrible or the Rams WR are possible as well or Benjamin (BUF) is kind of an unknown this week. Going with Jones here.
QB – You can’t go wrong with Stafford. Normally, I try to find value at the QB position but I think I want to try and exploit the Browns this week. Why not? Everyone else has.
RB – If you choose to save some money on the WR, you can possible sneak in Gurley, Bell, or Elliott in. Kamara offers a lot upside with the passing ability.
WR – I think I said this before, Brown is definitely a solid pay up but lots of mid range potential match ups to exploit. Play around with it and see what works best for you.
TE – Denver has shown they are terrible but I don’t really want to pay up for Gronk. Lots of options in the sub $6,000 range. With Evans out, Brate is a red zone magnet, Witten has been solid for Dak this year, Kroft and Rudoplh offer a cheap upside as well.
Grab a couple beer and relax. The hard part is done.. Time to switch on the RedZone channel (which was made for NFL fanswith ADHD). Good luck and see you all next week.