Derek Carty has developed THE BAT over the past 10 years and 10,000+ hours, using skills and methods developed from his time in the sabermetric community working with some of the best baseball minds in the world, many of whom are now making decisions for championship-winning MLB clubs. THE BAT incorporates all the necessary basics, like park factors and platoon splits, plus many lesser-considered factors like air density and umpires to give you an edge on the competition. And new for 2020, it now uses Statcast data!
When tested, THE BAT proved even more accurate than Vegas and was the Most Accurate Season-Long Projection System of 2018! Plus, it works with RotoGrinders’ LineupHQ, helping you build your ideal lineups for both cash games and GPPs!
– THE BAT X projections—a major upgrade to THE BAT utilizing Statcast data!
– Stack projections for GPP players!
– Weekly, Tomorrow, Mon-Thurs, and Fri-Sun projections for season-long players!
– THE BAT & Vegas Sharp Money comparisons for extra edge
Read more about what THE BAT incorporates here.
Read all about the new THE BAT X upgrades here.
– FREE with subscription: THE BAT Podcasts 3-5x per week
– Subscribers-only Discord where Carty and other users talk strategy and answer questions
– Features for GPP Players: Stack, Ceiling, Floor, and Percentile Projections!
– Returning Subscriber? Discount available for those who post on social media!
– Want to see THE BAT in action? Click here to watch THE BAT tutorial with Derek Carty
Make the most of your subscription by exploring all of the bonus features that come with THE BAT. If you're new to THE BAT, be sure to start here.
Before official lineups are released, see who THE BAT is assuming will be in the lineup against each of today's pitchers.
Currently showing page 1
You may recognize Derek Carty from his role on Baseball Tonight, his articles at ESPN.com, or his occasional SportsCenter appearances. He’s also been published by FOX Sports, Sports Illustrated, NBC’s Rotoworld, FanDuel, and Fantasy Insiders, among many others. He’s a long-time DFS player and the creator of THE BAT and THE BLITZ, perhaps the most sophisticated DFS projection systems on the market. Prior to DFS, Derek honed his statistical chops as the Fantasy Manager of two of the biggest sabermetric outlets, Baseball Prospectus and The Hardball Times (now the nerdier branch of FanGraphs — yes, that’s a thing), and holds an elite track record in year-long expert leagues (6 titles while finishing top-3 over 50% of the time). He’s also the only active fantasy writer to have graduated from MLB’s exclusive Scout School, which he blends with his statistical background to form a complete picture of a player.