MAIN FORUM

Comments

• seth1374

RG Overall Ranking

So anyways I noticed this in my single entry 50/50 on Fanduel, 10 people running the exact same lu on a 13 game slate. I emailed FD early and basically got a form letter response. What more evidence could you possibly need of cheating all you have to do is go back and check the last week or so and see if they are exact. Here is the link:
    https://www.fanduel.com/games/16251/contests/16251-200927842/entries/1010426552/scoring?entry=1010428005
    One other point I know none of these names so its not like they r high rollers, would fan duel lose anything by enforcing rules they have on the books?

• crazypaul

Unfortunately this has become common in 50/50’s. It’s more than likely a lineup seller’s lineup.

• tooltime

This is what fd has become. Your 50/50 was not as bad as usual. I see there was the same 5 different teams in this one that I was seeing in all the 50/50s, but some only had 2 to 4 people in it. I was seeing 5 teams with 6 to 15 people in them, making half of the whole field 5 bought lineups. Some do not win often and may have gone broke or changed sellers. Soon they will just be playing against eachother. I also asked fd about this, they said “if someone wants to buy someone else’s lineup, that is their choice. “ lol

• giantsfan12345

Stop complaining and get better

• billholler

Would love to know how someone is cheating because they have the same LU as you. Do you want FD and DK to ban anyone that put in an identical LU? Any dupe LU is kicked out unless you were the 1st one to enter?

• billholler

Holy hell. Just looked. You actually accused someone of cheating over a $1 50/50.

• bucherpsu08

It could have just been a free “optimal” lineup given out by any of the many sites that offer projections. There were always a lot of Rotowire’s optimal lineup in the small NBA tournies.

• Jason10

Everyone probably used the same optimizer site/service.

• tooltime

@billholler said...

Would love to know how someone is cheating because they have the same LU as you. Do you want FD and DK to ban anyone that put in an identical LU? Any dupe LU is kicked out unless you were the 1st one to enter?

Its not cheating if its allowed. They could make each score have only one pay spot. 10 people with same score split 1 pay spot 10 ways.

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Here is what you do

You email Fanduel and tell them to adopt the same policy that Draftkings has regarding lineup providers.

Let them know you will withdraw from Fanduel and play elsewhere until they do.

https://www.draftkings.com/lp/community-guidelines

• deejones49

It’s not even a good lineup would love to play against those every day!

• billholler

@tooltime said...

Its not cheating if its allowed. They could make each score have only one pay spot. 10 people with same score split 1 pay spot 10 ways.

That may be the 2nd dumbest thing I’ve read in this thread. So since this is a $1 50/50 we are talking about, if they had 10 people tie they all get 18 cents? If it was a GPP with a 10k first place they would all get $1000 while the guy that technically finished 11th would get about $5000?

• tooltime

@billholler said...

Any dupe LU is kicked out unless you were the 1st one to enter?

I bet this was the 1st dumbest thing.

• chronoxiong

This is why I retire from MLB!!!

• billholler

@tooltime said...

I bet this was the 1st dumbest thing.

Was just clarifying what you said.

• tooltime

@billholler said...

Was just clarifying what you said.

I think it would stop all the paid for lineup trains in 50/50s & double ups. If its a $1 game or $1000 game, people should be able to play against self made lineups. There are people who spend their money on their family and not just to gamble to say “hey look at me, how good I am” . Some play for fun and want to play against other people, not paid-for lineups. How many posts have been made about this? Many. So its definitely a problem, even its not for you. You shouldn’t jump on to be rude to someone that just wants to have a better experience for their money.

• SouthernShield

I’d love a 50/50 that required you to have unique LU’s yourself. Pretty sure Victiv had that system in place. You could multi-entry but each entry had to be a unique LU.

Would be even better if each LU in the entire contest had to be unique.

• billholler

@tooltime said...

I think it would stop all the paid for lineup trains in 50/50s & double ups. If its a $1 game or $1000 game, people should be able to play against self made lineups.

So once again you are saying that if 20 people all have the same LU in one 50/50 or Double Up or GPP or whatever, they should all split one payout spot. That makes no sense whatsoever.

• catmando

draftkings bans guys who have the same lineup?

do they ban use of optimizers that give it?

DK puts a lot of things in writing that they never enforce. Do we think the sites all of a sudden found religion or were just put under the public microscope. They will continue to do what they want but make good face in public.

No one said they bought that lineup did they?

• billholler

@catmando said...

No one said they bought that lineup did they?

No. He’s just mad that 10 people had the same LU and it knocked him out of cashing for $1.80.

• catmando

My point was why are they saying adopt draftkings policy..that would have done nothing

• TheRyanFlaherty

FanDuel is polluted with this. I no longer play 50/50 because 10-20% of the lu’s are duplicates and despite what people on here will say, they are often successful and personally it still bothers me even if I can consistently beat the lineup.
    My suggestion would be to voice your frustration to FD because to this point they’ve taken a “deal with it” stance. It’s not like it’s difficult either….Heck…a large number of duplicate lineup users literally have the site where they purchase the lineups as their avatar.

It still shocks me to see how many people here have that same “deal with it” attitude. We’re on a site where the mantra has consistently been “build better lineups”, people come here everyday to research put in work and improve, yet people are going to defend the people who literally can’t take the time to build a lineup? Who are straight up gambling on the work of other more talented people?
    Yeah, because I’m sure that will have no effect on the long term health of DFS. I’m sure that looks great to new users who are already skeptical of DFS due to the negative public narrative. It looks great in court when you’re arguing it takes skill….but whatever, I need to stop typing this every time this comes up because it just falls on deaf ears.
    (edit* guess I get worked up every time because I just don’t see how allowing lineup sellers and the resulting massive amounts of duplicate entries in single entry contests is a positive thing? I fail to see how there is a counter argument…)

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

@billholler said...

No. He’s just mad that 10 people had the same LU and it knocked him out of cashing for $1.80.

I’m going to try really hard to not get too invested in this topic since I’ve fought the good fight for too long. However, the amount of money someone may or may not win should be irrelevant to whether or not a problem exists.

• deactivated51600

@billholler said...

Not surprised to see someone who has openly admitted on here to cheating/collusion on Party Poker in the past defending cheating so vehemently.

• billholler

@whoisjohngalt said...

Not surprised to see someone who has openly admitted on here to cheating/collusion on Party Poker in the past defending cheating so vehemently.

And again, at the time team play was frowned upon but not a violation of terms of service.

I’m still baffled that the OP (and others) think it’s cheating if multiple people have the same lineup and don’t see how absurd that thought is.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.