INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Orangeflow

Anyone want to see GPP max entries raised back up to 150 again on Draftkings? I personally loved it.

Pros and cons of them doing it again?

• DoubleTime

• 2016 King of Summer: August

It currently is 150 (or 3%, whichever is lower). I don’t care either way, there are enough bad people putting in 150 that it offsets the great ones, and I think people underestimate how hard it is to win with 150 entries. Whether one person owns those 150 entries, or some random other people own those 150, likely won’t matter. But they need to fix their structures.

• bigez952

@DoubleTime said...

King of Summer: August 2016 King of Summer: August It currently is 150 (or 3%, whichever is lower).

It is only 150 for contests $5 and higher. I am sure the OP was talking about wanting to get back to the days when you could go 150 max in the $0.25 and $3 contests now which are max 20.

• jmo26

@Orangeflow said...

Anyone want to see GPP max entries raised back up to 150 again on Draftkings? I personally loved it.

If you’re talking about the low-dollar contests, then no (if you’re talking about $5+, they’re already at 150). Not that they will, but I’d actually prefer they had more 20-max contests.

If for no other reason, then you’re not going to see a change because the optics would be bad for newer players. If they see all these “sharks” throwing 150 entries into contests like the Quarter Arcade, And-One and Sharpshooter, they’re quickly going to conclude it’s unbeatable and bail.

• geardaddy

Lets just make them unlimited for lols

• RangerC

@Orangeflow said...

I REALLY miss the $3 150 entry Birdie in Golf. I usually only did 50-75 LUs (in majors I got to 150 a couple times), but it was a great way to get plenty of action for $200 or so and I never felt like I missed out on a combination I needed to play with my core guys. The 20 Max $4 is terrible if you want to play 50-100 LUs at low buy-in; you can’t spread LUs across their $1-5 stuff without getting stuff like 1 LU topping out at $100K and the other having a max win of $1000 (can’t even comprehend the tilt if this happens and the wrong LU hits). Very bad for the mid-tier golf GPP player and I’ve played 1/2 to 1/3rd what I used to because of this.

• lpdev

@jmo26 said...

If for no other reason, then you’re not going to see a change because the optics would be bad for newer players. If they see all these “sharks” throwing 150 entries into contests like the Quarter Arcade, And-One and Sharpshooter, they’re quickly going to conclude it’s unbeatable and bail.

They don’t necessarily have to change the existing contests. I would expect if they opened up a low buy in 150 entry contest in addition to what’s already out there, it would easily fill. There are plenty of people that like the bigger prizes that tend to come with the mass entry contests. There are also plenty of people that would like to try their hand at 150 entries but don’t have the bankroll to get started.

• jmo26

@lpdev said...

They don’t necessarily have to change the existing contests. I would expect if they opened up a low buy in 150 entry contest in addition to what’s already out there, it would easily fill.

No issue with this, I think that’s a wise move — DK might be concerned with it preventing other contests from filling, but I’m not sure that’d be the case.

I certainly think there’s a way they could better cater to the various demands (e.g., some decent-sized contests with more balanced payouts, low-dollar 150-max, better late swap options, etc.), but they don’t appear to have much interest in that.

• jjwd

@lpdev said...

They don’t necessarily have to change the existing contests. I would expect if they opened up a low buy in 150 entry contest in addition to what’s already out there, it would easily fill. There are plenty of people that like the bigger prizes that tend to come with the mass entry contests. There are also plenty of people that would like to try their hand at 150 entries but don’t have the bankroll to get started.

Yup. Current system is rough for the medium-volume tournament player.

• Roma315

I miss being able to toss 40 lineups in golf

• Larrioto

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Same here, love the feeling and complexity of building 150 lineups, but having to enter 150 lineups in a 10$ tournamenets is a lot of money. I dont get why DK doesnt run any 150-max contests under 5$… People would still join and if they want to be in a tourney where the entries are capped there are plenty of offerings for that now… Really sucks for low-volume players.

• curt777

I wish they still had the $3 150-entry for NBA.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.