RSD FORUM

Comments

• emnj69

I have to say I cant imagine what it is like to enter a big boy buy in like that and see your guy get hurt like brown last week. I believe I have the skills to compete with anybody in the NFL but what I dont have is the stones to pony up $1500 bucks to compete let alone do multi entry especially in a week where lots of teams have nothing to play for. I look at these guys that multi enter these contests and just shake my head-even the best of the best can take a beating in a tourney like this. I know many people say the big sharks have an unfair advantage in the amount of teams they enter but they also have massive tolerance for risk that I could never survive watching lol

• Njsum1

IMO, You shouldnt enter a high buy in tourney that’s above your bankroll as a 1 time thing. Scared money doesn’t make money. IMO, you should have the bankroll to play at this level comfortably for a good period of time so you can get a true outcome. There’s luck/variance each day yet over a larger sample you should know where you stand. But hey, if you want to YOLO it, no one’s gonna stop ya.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

There are a lot of satellites for this tournament. Take a look at the Saturday only NFL games or the NBA slates. Lots of different price points to take a shot at a ticket for this contest and it will cost you a fraction of the $1500 buy in.

• billholler

@emnj69 said...

$1500 bucks

I can’t be the only one that reads that as “fifteen hundred dollars bucks”.

• duster10

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I was at the DK FFWC for 12 million over the weekend in Miami. Brown was 31% owned. The air went out of the room when he was helped off the field. I was lucky to not have him, but for 1/3 of the field, that is a brutal beat.

• emnj69

@billholler said...

I can’t be the only one that reads that as “fifteen hundred dollars bucks”.

sorry lol

• emnj69

@duster10 said...

I was at the DK FFWC for 12 million over the weekend in Miami. Brown was 31% owned. The air went out of the room when he was helped off the field. I was lucky to not have him, but for 1/3 of the field, that is a brutal beat.

I can only imagine. He is a guy that no matter how much I would have wanted to fade and that is the smart thing I would not have due to his upside. I hope you did well there. I won a big gpp this year but made two mistakes-not entering it in the milly and not entering it in a qualifier as it was the best team that week.

• NoLimits0

@emnj69 said...

I can only imagine. He is a guy that no matter how much I would have wanted to fade and that is the smart thing I would not have due to his upside. I hope you did well there. I won a big gpp this year but made two mistakes-not entering it in the milly and not entering it in a qualifier as it was the best team that week.

Are you saying you could’ve won the MM this year if you just entered it that week into that contest?

• emnj69

@NoLimits0 said...

Are you saying you could’ve won the MM this year if you just entered it that week into that contest?

yes that is what I am saying -I won other one though

• tomac

@Njsum1 said...

IMO, You shouldnt enter a high buy in tourney that’s above your bankroll as a 1 time thing. Scared money doesn’t make money.

I believe you completely misused the scared money line…

• Njsum1

@tomac said...

I believe you completely misused the scared money line…

Not at all…If he’s emptying his bankroll to play a $1500 GPP he’s likely to be more cautious with his lineup (drafting scared) then he normally would be (as he’d be above his comfort level). He’d also likely be more cautious then someone else who could easily afford that buy in, and not take the chances necessary to win.

• zline34

This tourney is a sharks dream. If I had the bankroll right now I’d max enter this. Most entrants will only have one lineup and it will be a terrible one that’s way too conservative. A shark will a massive adnvantage to take first in this tourney and it will most likely be papagates.

• lggarruto

RG Overall Ranking

Any linjs

• yisman

@lggarruto said...

Any linjs

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/51107678

• NoLimits0

Chipotle and Papagates both max entered it (111 entries each). Paid 333k total between them. I think they are winning like 60k back lol (both have like under 10 entries cashing and none are big). Too bad no one made a thread about that.

Their entries are the same across the contest. Pretty sure the two brothers are down maybe a million today.

• ClemsonAce

@NoLimits0 said...

Chipotle and Papagates both max entered it (111 entries each). Paid 333k total between them. I think they are winning like 60k back lol (both have like under 10 entries cashing and none are big). Too bad no one made a thread about that.

Their entries are the same across the contest. Pretty sure the two brothers are down maybe a million today.

i looked at that earlier in the week, paying 300k+ between the two of them, they would need 2nd and another small cash to break even. Obviously they could hit a bunch on LU’s on the upper end and still profit… overall, a pretty risky play, imo.

• NoLimits0

@ClemsonAce said...

i looked at that earlier in the week, paying 300k+ between the two of them, they would need 2nd and another small cash to break even. Obviously they could hit a bunch on LU’s on the upper end and still profit… overall, a pretty risky play, imo.

Right which supports the overall notion it’s not that easy to max enter. For everyone that thinks max entering means free money, they really need to change their view. If you look at everyone who max entered the chop block for example, you’ll see the majority are down for this week. CA and papa are actually two of the best at max entering but even they have weeks like this.

Overall the statistics for the contests are great if you run the ROI for it. You can learn a lot about the contestants and ROI, which is the key not things like rank or best result in a tourney.

• superstars92

@NoLimits0 said...

Right which supports the overall notion it’s not that easy to max enter. For everyone that thinks max entering means free money, they really need to change their view. If you look at everyone who max entered the chop block for example, you’ll see the majority are down for this week. CA and papa are actually two of the best at max entering but even they have weeks like this.

Overall the statistics for the contests are great if you run the ROI for it. You can learn a lot about the contestants and ROI, which is the key not things like rank or best result in a tourney.

Can you post all your results you get tomorrow? I’m curious to see. I know you can do it yourself with ResultsDB, but it seems like you have an easier process than going through that.

• billholler

@superstars92 said...

Can you post all your results you get tomorrow? I’m curious to see. I know you can do it yourself with ResultsDB, but it seems like you have an easier process than going through that.

He seems to be one of those “I told you so” guys while never making any real picks. Probably plays one or two lineups in the QA or $1 GPPs and then complains about getting killed last night.

• dab4me1

@ClemsonAce said...

Theres absolutely no chance at this point they own 100% of themselves, no one has won enough playing DFS to play $500,000 worth of entries each sunday and not go busto.

• superstars92

@dab4me1 said...

Theres absolutely no chance at this point they own 100% of themselves, no one has won enough playing DFS to play $500,000 worth of entries each sunday and not go busto.

If you have 10 million, of course you can have 500k swings. In finance, plenty of people bet like 5% of their net worth every week.

• NoLimits0

@superstars92 said...

Sent you a PM. Results are also out on resultsDB.

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

He seems to be one of those “I told you so” guys while never making any real picks. Probably plays one or two lineups in the QA or $1 GPPs and then complains about getting killed last night.

Congrats on being the smartest man in Texas. You are right on. Way to overtake Rick Perry.

• billholler

@NoLimits0 said...

Sent you a PM. Results are also out on resultsDB.

Takes about 5 seconds to link your DK and/or FD account to your profile here. Usually the only people that won’t link them are people that have been banned from here before.

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

Takes about 5 seconds to link your DK and/or FD account to your profile here. Usually the only people that won’t link them are people that have been banned from here before.

Haha you are too funny bill. Let me just inform you of facts, something you are not good at doing. I clicked on page 1 of the NBA thread today and like HALF of the posters don’t have a profile linked/results. Why don’t you go through page 1 and see yourself? Click on all the users. That includes some big time posters who have great discussions like the users “miggs6876” and “Njsum1”. I also know “malickiville” who both posts a lot does not, and there are countless others. In fact the 3 posters I mentioned are 3 of the highest posters by count in the NBA forum. I’ve seen people brag about their results over the last few months and a lot don’t have profiles (I’ll show you evidence but I know you will just dismiss it since it isn’t in your favor). And I unlike you don’t care nor am I gonna be a hypocrite like you and just call them out. Until you quote post every single person on the NBA forum today 12/26 who doesn’t have results linked, no ones gonna take you seriously.

Do you know why none of us care to link it? Oh yea because when you are gonna be ranked like in the 2000s it doesn’t matter. Why would we care to have a profile linked. The biggest reason to do if you are ranked low is RG helps you keep track of your results better. For me I already can do that with my own way (that’s why I can also track pros) so why do I then need another third party to keep track for me, especially since I know I’ll be ranked like 2000s probably. Doesn’t make sense. I can already do my own tracking. Most of us don’t care that much and that’s why like more than half of the posters in the NBA forum today alone don’t have results linked. Oh and you know neither do RexGrossman, pianoclub, juanshen, and countless others right? Rex won like 200k+ yesterday. No RG profile. What’s the point? Even the great ones don’t have them either.

• KindGuy

I remove some my username last night. RG rankings don’t mean shit ans posting your username just reinforces the notion that rankings matter and are a measure of skill. Hint: they’re not. It’s just used as a dick measuring contest and has 0 value.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).