MLB FORUM

Comments

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I am likely missing something obvious, but it looks like the 2:05 Early slate (not arcade) was refunded. There were 2 of 8 games rained out and canceled before start……..and up to like 30 minutes ago, my lineups were still available to edit. Now it looks like the entire slate canceled and refunded.

No big deal really but curious as to why

• lggarruto

RG Overall Ranking

Shittt I had Canha and Pinder on 70% ofmy teams with Colo and pitt stacks

• PujolsJunkie

Yeah, had Canha/Pinder in all my lineups in the $4 20 max. Not going to lie, I also had Scherzer 100% lol

• BigRay

It just shows how inept the people at DK are… Anyone want to open up a new site?????? I will invest…..

• biglucky

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

There’s no way IMO that they are allowed to cancel contests 2 hours after they start with 6 games that were actively being played.

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

What a load of shit. Where is this fake 10k free roll? Fuck you DK. Had the nuts and only got my money back. Greedy bastards trying to fill contests and burned themselves. They monopolized the industry with their merger, so why the fuck not. Unreal.

• hcassidy

@firemedicpat said...

What a load of shit. Where is this fake 10k free roll? Fuck you DK. Had the nuts and only got my money back. Greedy bastards trying to fill contests and burned themselves. They monopolized the industry with their merger, so why the fuck not. Unreal.

It was sent via email, but what I found interesting is that someone has the downloaded CSV that has a very high volume known player sitting with Arrietta in all 35 of his lineups at the time of the lock.

• eperson911

I’m confused. Did the players in the Cubs/Brewers game lock at 2:05 instead of 2:20 when the game was scheduled to start?

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

@hcassidy said...

It was sent via email, but what I found interesting is that someone has the downloaded CSV that has a very high volume known player sitting with Arrietta in all 35 of his lineups at the time of the lock.

I didn’t receive an email.

That’s the exact issue though, I knew immediately something of that nature had happened and a “pro” probably made a stink. Fantasy Draft here I come. This shit would never happen there.

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

@eperson911 said...

I’m confused. Did the players in the Cubs/Brewers game lock at 2:05 instead of 2:20 when the game was scheduled to start?

It looks like the games locked for the early slates, but then DK decided they wanted to get more money, so they moved back the contest start times. I guess they messed up the times after that, so they voided all of it due to their mistake. It’s really neat.

• eperson911

@firemedicpat said...

It looks like the games locked for the early slates, but then DK decided they wanted to get more money, so they moved back the contest start times. I guess they messed up the times after that, so they voided all of it due to their mistake. It’s really neat.

Holy Cow, really? Doesn’t there rules say players in postponed games get a zero? Why change it on this slate?

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

@eperson911 said...

Holy Cow, really? Doesn’t there rules say players in postponed games get a zero? Why change it on this slate?

$$$$$$$$$$$. That’s why.

• eperson911

So, am I understanding correctly that the games went live as normal at 2:05, but after that time DK tried to pushed back the start time, but this caused players in games that hadn’t started to get locked, so they canceled all the contest? I got the email at 4:18. Were the contests canceled after the 4:05 games started?

Deadspin’s gonna have a field day with this :P

• SA16

None of you here appear to have any clue about what you’re talking about or what happened. The amount of completely incorrect information posted in this thread is astonishing.

• blenderhd

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #32

RG Tiered Ranking

@SA16 said...

None of you here appear to have any clue about what you’re talking about or what happened. The amount of completely incorrect information posted in this thread is astonishing.

Yup. No one has accurately reflected the fact that in DK’s attempt to push back the time, the slate was accidentally locked 30-35 minutes EARLY at around 1:30pm EDT – and players from the PPD games at 2:05pm were locked in lineups then despite it being before their scheduled start time.

It’s not like the slate locked as normal at 2:05pm
    EDT and then DK tried to push it back. People were caught completely off guard, as I was, when editing lineups at 1:30pm EDT and everything just went live. If you had reserved entries, I’d assume they’d be blanked and you’d be out of luck. And if you had dummy lineups with 2:05pm PPD players locked in, because you thought you had 30-35 mins more to set them all, you were out of luck too.

DK botched the hell out of it, and probably shouldn’t have even attempted to push the slate start time back, and definitely not through whoever confused AM with PM when doing so, but given the circumstance, what else were they supposed to do but refund and cancel the slate?

• MHDU2424

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@blenderhd said...

Yup. No one has accurately reflected the fact that in DK’s attempt to push back the time, the slate was accidentally locked 30-35 minutes EARLY at around 1:30pm EDT – and players from the PPD games at 2:05pm were locked in lineups then despite it being before their scheduled start time.

It’s not like the slate locked as normal at 2:05pm
    EDT and then DK tried to push it back. People were caught completely off guard, as I was, when editing lineups at 1:30pm EDT and everything just went live. If you had reserved entries, I’d assume they’d be blanked and you’d be out of luck. And if you had dummy lineups with 2:05pm PPD players locked in, because you thought you had 30-35 mins more to set them all, you were out of luck too.

DK botched the hell out of it, and probably shouldn’t have even attempted to push the slate start time back, and definitely not through whoever confused AM with PM when doing so, but given the circumstance, what else were they supposed to do but refund and cancel the slate?

Pretty much….here’s my view:

DK should have just let the contests run as is…..Everything locks at 2:10 EDT and if you have PPD players you’re shit outta luck just like always. If they wanted to cancel the Afternoon slate afterwards which is now essentially the same contest, fine, but wouldn’t make sense for them (more rake)

Inexplicitly, they decide to “move” the start time back instead of just letting the contest run it’s course. In doing so, some moron locks/moves the contest to 4:00 AM which now locks everything up.

At this point, they should either be able to “unlock” everything and change the start time to PM or they need to cancel everything. What other choices are they deciding on?

My problem is they had over an hour to do this and we got nothing except vague BS….people like myself are wondering WTF is going on here. Some people that had lineups filled out actually thought their early stats were going to count for a few minutes I believe.

I understand there are tech issues, and this was completely botched in multiple ways, but the response and correction was poor at best by DK…..the freeroll offered is also a joke

• eperson911

Thanks, that actually clears things up a bit, but I really would have liked notification before 4:18 so I could put the same lineups in 4:05 games.

• SA16

They shouldn’t have tried to move the slate back. There was nothing wrong with just keeping it at the normal time. However this isn’t something entirely new. They did it with NASCAR a month or so ago when it got pushed to the next day and I’m reasonably certain they did it with MLB once earlier in the year.

This said clearly their needs to be some better checks/confirmation required over there because it should not allow the employees to set the slates lock time to a time in the past and screw it all up.

The fact that they provided ZERO information in the two hours was a total joke though. This should have taken ten minutes to decide what they were trying to do and they should have let everyone known. There was no need to keep everyone hanging for hours.,

• MHDU2424

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@SA16 said...

They shouldn’t have tried to move the slate back. There was nothing wrong with just keeping it at the normal time. However this isn’t something entirely new. They did it with NASCAR a month or so ago when it got pushed to the next day and I’m reasonably certain they did it with MLB once earlier in the year.

This said clearly their needs to be some better checks/confirmation required over there because it should not allow the employees to set the slates lock time to a time in the past and screw it all up.

The fact that they provided ZERO information in the two hours was a total joke though. This should have taken ten minutes to decide what they were trying to do and they should have let everyone known. There was no need to keep everyone hanging for hours.,

Exactly man…I had to sit and keep checking for over an hour because I didn’t want to “miss” the second lock time at 4:05 or whatever it was. All of my lineups were whited out and unable to be edited and it would have sucked if they unlocked and fixed the problem right before lock

As it got closer and closer to lock with no clarity at all it got even more frustrating

I’m definitely not the only one either.

Bottom line is mistakes happen but people have a right to be upset about how it was handled afterwards. This kind of decision should have taken 10 minutes at best. If the holdup was a tech issue, they should have let everyone know the slate will be cancelled ASAP so we all didn’t have to sit there with our d’s in our hands for over an hour wondering WTF was going on

• BigRay

here is the response I got.

Good Afternoon,

We are writing to inform you that due to an error, today’s Early MLB contests went live prematurely.

As a result, players from the postponed games were locked early and these players could not be swapped out. As none of the games in the draft group had begun, we have cancelled the Early MLB contests, and refunded the entry fees back to your account.

As we understand this is a frustrating experience, we have created a 10K free roll for tonight’s MLB draft group.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/41001308

We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any questions please reach out to support@draftkings.com

Thank you,:

• BigRay

So I wrote them back:

Thank you for sending a response that is the same as the email i received. The email clearly stated that if the recipient had further questions to reach out though this email link. I have some questions and would like them addressed please.

1. Why would you not let the slates run as advertised?
    2. Have you changed your rules about PPD and cancelled slates?
    3. If there are new rules and considerations about running/cancelling slates where can we find them?
    4. Why offer a freeroll with a prize pool of $10,000 when over $100,000 of Guaranteed Money was not paid due to your mistake?

I look forward to your response.

We will see…

• flip4flop

I won $3 when I could of won a ton with Clevinger and the rays/Rockies who I had a bunch of shares of. Thanks DK!

• ClemsonAce

@BigRay said...

4. Why offer a freeroll with a prize pool of $10,000 when over $100,000 of Guaranteed Money was not paid due to your mistake?

I hadn’t thought about that yet. Looks like they have set the bar to cancel any guaranteed contest due to “error” on their end.

• GasHouseGorilla

I still don’t understand why they cancelled the 6 game slate and tried to change the start time on the 8 game slate. Sounds like they got greedy and wanted to keep more rake.

And a freeroll with $100 as the top prize? Cmon DK that’s week. Almost an insult to everyone that spent their time working on wasted lineups.

• tdubjenkins

Still no refund

• fadein34

1) They never should have touched the start time.
    2) How do they not have a validation rule that prevents a start time from being set in the past?

WOW.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler