• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I am likely missing something obvious, but it looks like the 2:05 Early slate (not arcade) was refunded. There were 2 of 8 games rained out and canceled before start……..and up to like 30 minutes ago, my lineups were still available to edit. Now it looks like the entire slate canceled and refunded.

No big deal really but curious as to why

• cmbarbee226

A lot of people mad about this. I really must be missing something. Get on with your lives.

• BigRay

Your are not concerned that they changed the cancellation of slate rules on a whim. That DK can manipulate advertised GPP games at their pleasure. The rules of the games are set up by them, published on their site. But they don’t have to follow them? Ok that is cool.

• blackout8

I had a lineup in the $33 fastball that would have scored 160.20 points. I’m pretty positive it would have been a very nice cash and looking back at similar slates with similar scoring 160ish scores had been good for about top 10 or better. Anybody have a lineup that would have been better?

• ElSlappo

@BigRay said...

So I wrote them back:

Thank you for sending a response that is the same as the email i received. The email clearly stated that if the recipient had further questions to reach out though this email link. I have some questions and would like them addressed please.

1. Why would you not let the slates run as advertised?
    2. Have you changed your rules about PPD and cancelled slates?
    3. If there are new rules and considerations about running/cancelling slates where can we find them?
    4. Why offer a freeroll with a prize pool of $10,000 when over $100,000 of Guaranteed Money was not paid due to your mistake?

I look forward to your response.

We will see…

Did you get any response to this? #1 is really the key question, the root of the problem. There was no legit reason to push the start time of the slate back in the first place.

• DefinitelyMiami

@ElSlappo said...

Did you get any response to this? #1 is really the key question, the root of the problem. There was no legit reason to push the start time of the slate back in the first place.

“Thank you for your concern, we make the rules as we go along”

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

I thought they did the same thing earlier in the season for MLB, they did it for Nascar as well. They just didn’t accidentally put in the wrong time those times. Nobody seemed to mind then.

• ElSlappo

@bhdevault said...

I thought they did the same thing earlier in the season for MLB, they did it for Nascar as well. They just didn’t accidentally put in the wrong time those times. Nobody seemed to mind then.

Actually I was kind of annoyed at the NASCAR change they made, there was some nice overlay at the time.

As a single event though, the NASCAR change made some sense at least. If ALL the MLB games on the slate had rained out and been rescheduled, like the NASCAR event was, I could see following a similar path. However, they have specific guidelines for MLB rainouts as part of a larger slate and didn’t follow them here.

• hcassidy

@bhdevault said...

Nascar they had too, its their own rule as they will move or cancel a slate if their is 1 game. That slate still had 4 games remaining but it mirrored the afternoon slate. So they cancelled afternoon refunded all entries there and proceeded to flub a AM/PM on a slate that shouldn’t of been touched by their own Legal writings of when a slate plays(if 2 or more games play). That is the issue. And the only other times this happened this year was actually on a EUFA soccer tournament(when the Bayern Munich’s bus was attacked, they added it to the following days Matches), and once in baseball where they moved a PPD to the next day slate as they had scheduled a DoubleHeader. They have never just decided 2 games rainout on a 6 game slate lets just move the whole thing. There was a 6 game evening slate earlier in the year, believe had Twins/Indians and Detroit(against cant recall) both were PPD before lock and they did nothing. Sorry but that is bad business and a violation of their own rules and regulations, for them to just pull 100K plus in GPP off the table because they ‘Fucked UP’ Not to mention them saying contest didn’t go ‘Live’ Yet I sat and watched as Nova gave up 2 hits and get me -1.6 and Dickerson hit a HR to take me out of the negative and Judge hit the HR in the top of the 2nd to propel me further ahead.

• dilling420

i couldnt even put my lineups in my reserved entries because they were locked before the games were even suppose to start. so i had no lineups in any of them so thats the other side of it. the whole issue was them trying to gain 2 more hours of getting more rake and they changed the slate to 4:05 AM which locked everything bunch of clowns over at draftkings

• BigRay

Here you go:

Good Morning,

Thank you for following up.

Please note that this draft group was not cancelled solely because of the postponed games. There was an error when adjusting the contest start time of the draft group after the official announcement that the 2:10 and 2:20 games had been postponed.

Due to the error the go live process of the contest started before the original 2:10 start time, and well before the
    the intended adjustment time of 4:00. The contests went ‘live’ at roughly 1:50. There were many different issues that subsequently created a less than ideal experience for a high number of users. As a result of evaluating all factors, we decided it was in the best interest to cancel the slate as the error had a material impact on the contests.

The 10K free roll was not dependent on the size of the slate, rather a gesture of apology for the poor experience.

I understand that this is less than ideal, and we are going to do everything in our power to make sure that this does not happen again going forward. Thank you for your patience and your understanding.

Best,

Brandon

Customer Experience Manager

Game Integrity & Ethics

• BigRay

Once again. I understand both sides, missing out on a great lineup v. Not being able to edit. The big concern is DK just winging things when they should have followed the published protocol.

• dilling420

yeah they pretty much got away with it by doing nothing.. 10k free roll was a joke

• hcassidy

@BigRay said...

Here you go:

Good Morning,

Please note that this draft group was not cancelled solely because of the postponed games. There was an error when adjusting the contest start time of the draft group after the official announcement that the 2:10 and 2:20 games had been postponed.

Due to the error the go live process of the contest started before the original 2:10 start time, and well before the
    the intended adjustment time of 4:00. The contests went ‘live’ at roughly 1:50. There were many different issues that subsequently created a less than ideal experience for a high number of users. As a result of evaluating all factors, we decided it was in the best interest to cancel the slate as the error had a material impact on the contests.

The 10K free roll was not dependent on the size of the slate, rather a gesture of apology for the poor experience.

I understand that this is less than ideal, and we are going to do everything in our power to make sure that this does not happen again going forward. Thank you for your patience and your understanding.

Best,

Brandon

Game Integrity & Ethics

Um No that is 100% incorrect. Per their Rules and Regulations if at least 2 games remain on the slate it is to be played as normal. They moved it, plain and simple. And of course the damn thing went live at 1:50 because an idiot decided to put 4:05 am instead of 4:05 pm, mistake 2! There were no other instances, they broke their own legal ‘Rules & Regulations’ Pulled back nearly 150K in GPP money and offer a 10K Free Roll that had a top prize of 100.00 with more entrants that was supposed to be allowed. This shit is laughable and I withdrew all my money out of their site today and going to Fantasy Draft.

• hcassidy

@BigRay said...

Once again. I understand both sides, missing out on a great lineup v. Not being able to edit. The big concern is DK just winging things when they should have followed the published protocol.

I factored my L/U I would of put up 189.5 Yesterday so where is that money? Oh wait they took it without taking it in the non playable GPP, which according to their site are Guaranteed unless the slate has just 1 game. I took all my money out today they can kick rocks.

• blackout8

@hcassidy said...

I factored my L/U I would of put up 189.5 Yesterday so where is that money? Oh wait they took it without taking it in the non playable GPP, which according to their site are Guaranteed unless the slate has just 1 game. I took all my money out today they can kick rocks.

What was your lineup and what contests were you entered in if you don’t mind me asking? I’m trying to see where my 160.2 would have fallen.

• biglucky

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

DK could care less about rules. They are governed by no one but themselves with no one to answer to but themselves. A “guaranteed GPP” doesn’t mean shit to me anymore since its been proven they can and will cancel/change/adjust events to fit their needs. Has DK answered the main question of why they decided to change the start time in the first place? Was it because of the amount of overlay? Why are they allowed to do this anyway? I mean if you are advertising a “guaranteed GPP” with X amount of prizes available and decide to 1st change the start time roughly 30 minutes before the contest and then cancel them completely 2 hours after they were advertised to start, isn’t that false advertising?

Main point: why is DK or any fantasy sports provider allowed to alter or change a “guaranteed GPP” after its already running?

• hcassidy

@blackout8 said...

What was your lineup and what contests were you entered in if you don’t mind me asking? I’m trying to see where my 160.2 would have fallen.

I was in the early slate that just went by the wayside. I played the rain and new the first 2 were out, had Clevinger and Nova as Pitchers, Had Dickerson and Judge, had Longoria(slump buster) then had DET stack of Castellonas, Martinez (JD) Avilia and V. Martinez. Plain and simple it raked and would of won me a shitload instead after it started with a HR from Dickerson and Judge they pulled that plug

• blackout8

@hcassidy said...

I was in the early slate that just went by the wayside. I played the rain and new the first 2 were out, had Clevinger and Nova as Pitchers, Had Dickerson and Judge, had Longoria(slump buster) then had DET stack of Castellonas, Martinez (JD) Avilia and V. Martinez. Plain and simple it raked and would of won me a shitload instead after it started with a HR from Dickerson and Judge they pulled that plug

Sounds like you must have been playing the all day slate as the tigers game wasn’t included in the early only slate. Also, not sure how you had Longoria and Castellonas in the same lineup. My 160.2 was for the early only and I have yet to find someone that would have had a better lineup than mine.

• emac

Rats, I missed the “apology” freeroll message among all the other contest challenge invite spam email.

• BigRay

And they say that can regulate themselves… what a joke.

• BigRay

And next Time i get an email to support DFS to my legislator. I will follow the link and tell them to vote against DFS for the reasons stated in this thread

• blackout8

@hcassidy said...

It was sent via email, but what I found interesting is that someone has the downloaded CSV that has a very high volume known player sitting with Arrietta in all 35 of his lineups at the time of the lock.

Anyway to get a hold of that CSV? I would gladly paypal someone a few bucks for their time if they could send it to me.

• hcassidy

@blackout8 said...

Anyway to get a hold of that CSV? I would gladly paypal someone a few bucks for their time if they could send it to me.

I sent you the name of the person who has it.

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@BigRay said...

Here you go:

Good Morning,

Best,

Brandon

Game Integrity & Ethics

this Brandon guy is such a clown, he will be fired by DK soon, its a shame they ever hired him, because he has no integrity in more ways than you could imagine.

• gatorsnation83

Everyone played their best lineups on the slate that got cancelled but I guess we will never know….My lineups were going to score like 240 easy….DK doesn’t owe anybody anything it was a mistake and the only way to be fair to everyone was to cancel it. Not a big deal at all and this thread is almost as bad as reading the strategy forum during the games every day where every person swapped the guy out who’s 1% owned at the last minute EVERY SINGLE TIME……… This is supposed to be fun, no reason to lie and moan.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).