MLB FORUM

Comments

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I am likely missing something obvious, but it looks like the 2:05 Early slate (not arcade) was refunded. There were 2 of 8 games rained out and canceled before start……..and up to like 30 minutes ago, my lineups were still available to edit. Now it looks like the entire slate canceled and refunded.

No big deal really but curious as to why

• hcassidy

@gatorsnation83 said...

Everyone played their best lineups on the slate that got cancelled but I guess we will never know….My lineups were going to score like 240 easy….DK doesn’t owe anybody anything it was a mistake and the only way to be fair to everyone was to cancel it. Not a big deal at all and this thread is almost as bad as reading the strategy forum during the games every day where every person swapped the guy out who’s 1% owned at the last minute EVERY SINGLE TIME……… This is supposed to be fun, no reason to lie and moan.

Really you must work for them then. It was an outright violation of their own terms of Use. There were still 4 games available! Go read. Done with you and DK they can kiss my ass

• SA16

This may be the worst thread on the internet full of people who play five bucks a day complaining about things they don’t understand.

Absolutely laughable to claim they violated their own rules by canceling contests that never should have started running in the first place. What exactly did you expect them to do at this point? Clearly they don’t have the ability to roll back the contests prior to lock. Only hope is now going forward they implement a way to do this and obviously put in protections so they can’t set the start time to a time in the past.

An extremely frustrating experience? Yes. But this thread is just like every single other controversy full of conspiracy theories and people just straight up making things up.

• biglucky

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Looks as if the CSV’s have been eliminated off the site. Here’s a link to the $333 which there are no teams whatsoever and no CSV to be found…

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/40984720?uc=755794140

• BigRay

I just want one question answered. Why did they try to edit the slates in the first place? The have rules that are posted as when games are cancelled and they did not follow their own rules.

• BigRay

@BigRay said...

I just want one question answered. Why did they try to edit the slates in the first place? The have rules that are posted as when games are cancelled and they did not follow their own rules.

Clearly they don’t have the ability to roll back the contests prior to lock.

Except that time people were able to edit line ups after lock.

• mrchuffy

This was really frustrating I spent all morning building lineups and wanted to watch the games only to see after they started all my contests were cancelled. Why does DK continue to try and adjust slates after they are posted? It should have locked at the original scheduled time, if people used guys from the postponed games oh well should of checked weather this is supposed to be a game of skill. I don’t know if I would of won or lost I do know I had Corey Dickerson on one of my lineups and he hit 2 hrs. Just another terrible decision by DK, sometimes I wonder what behind the scenes looks like there. I mean the CEO did invest in RotoQL or whatever that shady deal was now Im seeing tons of adds on FB about how I could win $15k if I sign up to rotoql.

• Zieg30

DK could have let the slate run and refunded the buy-ins for anyone who was effected by their error. That’s a lot of money for a business to just eat, but would have been the customer friendly solution.

What they did is frustrating for those who built lineups, but also doesn’t sound unreasonable. It sounds like they did it because of their screw up, not because of the PPDs, so is everyone complaining about PPD policy just barking up the wrong tree or confused (or am I confused).

• BigRay

Here is what they should of done:

We are very sorry for an error made on Sunday by our team. We tried to reposition the slates due to the ppd’s. We were unsuccessful and had to cancel the whole afternoon and refunded your money. We will not try this again. Here is a $3 ticket for you use as a token of goodwill for the mistake. Once again so sorry. DK

That would have been a much bettter customer experience

• mrchuffy

@Zieg30 said...

DK could have let the slate run and refunded the buy-ins for anyone who was effected by their error. That’s a lot of money for a business to just eat, but would have been the customer friendly solution.

What they did is frustrating for those who built lineups, but also doesn’t sound unreasonable. It sounds like they did it because of their screw up, not because of the PPDs, so is everyone complaining about PPD policy just barking up the wrong tree or confused (or am I confused).

The issue is they tried to change the start time in the first place. They should of just left it alone but DK being greedy as usual figured they would get more action if they pushed back the start time especially from the west coast. when I woke up at 8am all the GPPs were almost full.

It’s extremely frustrating because me not knowing there was any issue spent all morning building lineups only to find out after lock that all the lineups I worked on were refunded. I could of used that hour I spent to mow my lawn….

• lionssuck

@BigRay said...

Here is what they should of done:

We are very sorry for an error made on Sunday by our team. We tried to reposition the slates due to the ppd’s. We were unsuccessful and had to cancel the whole afternoon and refunded your money. We will not try this again. Here is a $3 ticket for you use as a token of goodwill for the mistake. Once again so sorry. DK

That would have been a much bettter customer experience

Here is what they should have done: NOTHING

They posted a slate of guaranteed contests that were supposed to start at 2:05. There was no reason to do anything, ppd games were announced plenty of time in advance of the start of that slate. Just let it go and do nothing. But, somebody thought, you know if we push the start time back 2 hours we can probably get x amount of extra rake, and the f ups continued from there.

• ElSlappo

@lionssuck said...

They posted a slate of guaranteed contests that were supposed to start at 2:05. There was no reason to do anything, ppd games were announced plenty of time in advance of the start of that slate. Just let it go and do nothing. But, somebody thought, you know if we push the start time back 2 hours we can probably get x amount of extra rake, and the f ups continued from there.

Great post, this is the crux of the issue.

• mrchuffy

@lionssuck said...

Exactly this is the issue, DK was never trying to help the players by pushing back the time they were only trying to increase their profits on the morning slate. Don’t get me wrong I think DK should make money and this would have been a good business decision if they didn’t screw it up. They took the risk of changing the time it was 100% their fault for the screwup they should of let the contests run instead they wasted their customers time.

• BigRay

@lionssuck said...

Agree whole heartedly…see me previous post. But when the F’ed up they should have done a better job of making it right….

• fadein34

@BigRay said...

I think the reason is because of the overlay that was going to happen.

A question worth asking, and I think it’s 100% legitimate given DK’s past performance, is: did they “accidentally” hit “AM” instead of “PM” in order to cancel the slate so they wouldn’t have to pay the overlay???

• fadein34

People have the right to complain about their great lineups but whether someone had a great lineup or not isn’t the issue. The only problem with the “great lineup” folks is they are clouding what the issue is.

I love the “just move on” people that are out there. They have zero respect for rules. When rules are broken, regardless of how small they are, it should not be tolerated!!!

Great take, Brit. Well done.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.