MAIN FORUM

Comments

• meluvhooters

2013 MLB regular season coming to an end…

The regular season is coming to an end and I figure it would be a good time for grinders to reflect on their DFB season. Maybe someone may want to put together an article so we can look back on it next year…

My second full season was nearly a disaster if it wasn’t for September. Those that know me know I don’t play for much but play everyday. Nevertheless I lost every month except September and after a great couple weeks am nearly even on the year.

Some of my pitfalls were do to my own mistakes/stupidity. I notoriously wait to long to edit my lineup and more times than I care to count failed to export my lineup in time, although dumb luck still occasionally found me winning on some of those days. There was also a stretch where despite the shortcut icon on my desktop my spreadsheet was accidentally being saved to ramdisk, which doesn’t actually save the file on reboot. I went two weeks before noticing my updates weren’t being saved… I know I’m an idiot…

I should of listened to a friend early in the season when he was addiment that I pay for pitching and pay close attention to Vegas. It wasn’t until later in the season I took the advice along with my arbitrary ranking and yielded solid consistent results. If only Kershaw could pitch every night…

It was also a season in which we all had to cope with the fact that FanDuel no longer allowed stacking. I think overall it didn’t matter but it sure eliminated the complaints about it in chat. Stacking had its place and often created entertaining controversy. I sure missed tommygmets in chat this year as his rise to fame began as he stacked his way to victory in 2012. Believe it or not but he was once referred to in chat as, tommy two wins, guess whose laughing now…

As for next year I am certainly interested in seeing how young guys perform. Will Harvey/Fernandez show the same consistency and what will the Cardinals rotation look like.

• waffles2003

The MLB season was good to me, I got lucky in a few big spots and was able to maintain my bankroll without going bust the rest of the season…the swings in baseball are crazy and I certainly need to get better next season or change my approach.

My biggest regrets are the midsummer classic on DK where I had 4 entries but ended up creating a $2 team that would have won it all…Also had 6 entries for the KOD and failed to cash in any of them…

I ended up learning a lot from all the experts.

• agendaman

/

thank god for football and hockey to me DFS baseball is like playing the lottery

• noalias80

I’m close to a year in playing DFS, and when I started I was only interested in NFL and NBA. Once those seasons were done, I took a shot at baseball. Mind you, I hadn’t followed baseball since I was about 10 years old, and my knowledge of teams and players was pretty much non-existent.

To make a long story short, after much research day in and day out, and helpful advice from the RG articles and Grinders Live videos, I’ve learned a great deal, and it’s starting to pay off. Overall my season had its share of minor ups and plenty of downs, but I must say that this last week of MLB action has easily been my personal best thus far. The last time I calculated my bankroll management a few weeks back, altogether I was $500 in the red, lost mostly from lower stakes GPPs. I’m almost certain that this week alone put me in the black, and to think I had considered to stop playing DFS after mostly losing for so long. (Nowadays I’m getting better at knowing my limit.)

While I may never become a diehard baseball fan, getting involved in DFS has given me a new-found interest in the game (the Dodgers making the postseason didn’t hurt either, but we’ll see how long they’ll last.) I look forward to using all the info I’ve learned this year into next season and beyond. NHL on the other hand…not so sure that I will dive into it, but who knows?

• tommygmets86

LOL, love the shoutout. I didn’t get to play as much as I wanted to this season because I worked most days until after 7 for the entire spring and summer, but the past month has been one of the best stretches of my DFS career. Sad baseball season is ending but I’m excited for basketball season to start

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).