MAIN FORUM

Comments

• fishcakeking

FCK

A year ago, 11 of the best NBA DFS players accepted an open challenge I made. We played 30 games 12 man $100 entries over 6 weeks. Aside from each game we added another $500 for the overall champion. You got 12 points for a 1st place finish and all teh way down to 1 point for 12th place result. Ultimately Drew“Dinkpiece” Dinkmeyer edged out EmpireMaker, SocrDave and Peter CSURam Jennings for the championship.

Welp, its a new NBA season and I am issuing another challenge. Similar rules to last year. The only differences are that we are moving to (20) $200 games and a $1,000 side pot per man for overall winners. Additionally last year we did 12 players this year we will up the field to 20 if there is enough interest.

The expected host of this challenge is DraftKings as it was last season. We will only be playing Monday- Friday on nights with more than 4 NBA Games. Below are the proposed dates of the contests.

Oct 29,30,31
    Nov 3,4,5,7,10,11,12,14,17,19,21,24,25,26,28,
    Dec 2, 3

We will determine what the overall champion payouts will be once we confirm with the staff at DK.

List of Players thus far: (20)

FishCakeKing
    Dink
    CSURam
    Kaetorade
    Naapstermaan
    Emsbro
    Prime time 420
    StlCardinals
    00Oreo
    McJester
    Headchopper.
    Al Smizzle
    DraftCheat
    Empire Maker
    TommyG
    Loughy_D.
    EMGE
    Rad Thad
    Mr Tuttle
    Mark Guindi

Players from last Season (guaranteed spots if they want them):
    Notorius
    Young Kaiser
    JLowery

For anyone who can afford this and thinks they have serious NBA skills step up.
    More to come.

FCK

• hendry

so its 5k total correct?

• fishcakeking

FCK

$5k commitment is correct. Last year the way we did it was you paid the side bet money up front. Then each week you paid for the games and were issues tickets for each game that week.

Worked out great.

FCK

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

I would definitely prefer a cumulative scoring format, but regardless, count me in!

• fishcakeking

FCK

You are in kaetorade. Welcome to the club.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Naap is in. Which is as expected.

FCK

• TheTakeOVER

2013 DD BLB Finalist

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Do you have an idea of what the nightly payouts will be

• fishcakeking

FCK

Top 4 or 5. We did top 3 on field of 12. so most likely top 5 with payout like below:

$1400
    $1000
    $700
    $500
    $400

But I’m open to whatever everybody wants.

FCK

• EMSBRO

RG Overall Ranking

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

I’m in if on DK.

• fishcakeking

FCK

@EMSBRO said...

I’m in if on DK.

Great was gonna dm you I’ll add you to the list.

FCK

• kaetorade

@fishcakeking said...

Top 4 or 5. We did top 3 on field of 12. so most likely top 5 with payout like below:

$1400
    $1000
    $700
    $500
    $400

But I’m open to whatever everybody wants.

FCK

I prefer that the top half gets paid, double up style! Most of the guys that end up playing in this format will also be playing against one another in high stakes dubs anyways. Such a payout would likely attract more players too.

Is the side money($1k each) all for the overall winner? Or will there be like a top 3 overall that splits that portion? Again, please consider cumulative scoring. All things considered, I’m down for whatever. It’ll be fun to compete.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@kaetorade said...

I prefer that the top half gets paid, double up style! Most of the guys that end up playing in this format will also be playing against one another in high stakes dubs anyways. Such a payout would likely attract more players too.

Is the side money($1k each) all for the overall winner? Or will there be like a top 3 overall that splits that portion? Again, please consider cumulative scoring. All things considered, I’m down for whatever. It’ll be fun to compete.

As to kaetorade’s comments here:

1) Because we will be competing in other double ups against the same people is precisely why I enjoy this being paid out like a GPP… something different.

2) As to the side money – I agree with Kaetorade there. If that’s $20K, I would have no problem splitting that to the top three as opposed to just the winner.

3) No real qualms for or against cumulative scoring VS. the points system. The only issue would be if someone misses a night, which happened a couple times last year. That’s a real killer on cumulative points.

• FatalError

DraftKings Rep

@stlcardinals84 said...

3) No real qualms for or against cumulative scoring VS. the points system. The only issue would be if someone misses a night, which happened a couple times last year. That’s a real killer on cumulative points.

Maybe drop the 2 worst scores per player?

• kaetorade

@stlcardinals84 said...

As to kaetorade’s comments here:

1) Because we will be competing in other double ups against the same people is precisely why I enjoy this being paid out like a GPP… something different.

2) As to the side money – I agree with Kaetorade there. If that’s $20K, I would have no problem splitting that to the top three as opposed to just the winner.

1)Point taken. To be clear, while I always prefer a double up style payout, I’m fine with whatever direction the league decides. However, if we need more players, I think a double up format would certainly help.

3)I would think that in last year’s format, it would’ve been more difficult to catch up if someone were to miss games. For example, if you missed a game, you could only make up ‘x’ number of spots. In theory, you can make ground much faster with cumulative scoring if you were to miss a game or two.

In regard to Fatal’s idea of dropping our two worst scores. I’m not a fan of dropping the highest or lowest score because I like the idea of every game having equal value. On top of that, those who are committed enough to play every game should be rewarded.

My only concern with cumulative scoring was that it would be a pain to manually record, but based on Fatal’s response, that doesn’t seem like it will be an issue. :)

• 00oreo00

• x3

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x5

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• PrimeTime

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Prime will play

• fishcakeking

FCK

Nice guys will add you to list.

I like Gpp style over double up. Like that just a couple wins can get you your investment back.

I’m cool with cumulative score, i do like dropping worst or two worst scores.

Fck

• fishcakeking

FCK

McJester is in also. Amazing field coming together.

Fck

• McJester

• 2014 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Pumps me up to stop being lazy and start getting at least somewhat prepared. Offseason felt fast!

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

i.am.in.

• fishcakeking

FCK

@headChopper said...

i.am.in.

Wooooooo. Chop is back. We are up to 12.

FCK

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

If there’s a spot, I’m in

• fishcakeking

FCK

@alsmizzle said...

If there’s a spot, I’m in

Yeehaw! What a field. Thanks for jumping in.

FCK

• EmpireMaker2

I’m willing to play but I prefer the points system or throwing out the lowest or two lowest scores.

• fishcakeking

FCK

@EmpireMaker2 said...

I’m willing to play but I prefer the points system or throwing out the lowest or two lowest scores.

I’m thinking cumulative points dropping lowest score or two, but I’m happy to let majority or dink to decide.

FCK

• dwc1421

Any interest in doing a smaller stakes version of this?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler