MAIN FORUM

Comments

• fishcakeking

FCK

A year ago, 11 of the best NBA DFS players accepted an open challenge I made. We played 30 games 12 man $100 entries over 6 weeks. Aside from each game we added another $500 for the overall champion. You got 12 points for a 1st place finish and all teh way down to 1 point for 12th place result. Ultimately Drew“Dinkpiece” Dinkmeyer edged out EmpireMaker, SocrDave and Peter CSURam Jennings for the championship.

Welp, its a new NBA season and I am issuing another challenge. Similar rules to last year. The only differences are that we are moving to (20) $200 games and a $1,000 side pot per man for overall winners. Additionally last year we did 12 players this year we will up the field to 20 if there is enough interest.

The expected host of this challenge is DraftKings as it was last season. We will only be playing Monday- Friday on nights with more than 4 NBA Games. Below are the proposed dates of the contests.

Oct 29,30,31
    Nov 3,4,5,7,10,11,12,14,17,19,21,24,25,26,28,
    Dec 2, 3

We will determine what the overall champion payouts will be once we confirm with the staff at DK.

List of Players thus far: (20)

FishCakeKing
    Dink
    CSURam
    Kaetorade
    Naapstermaan
    Emsbro
    Prime time 420
    StlCardinals
    00Oreo
    McJester
    Headchopper.
    Al Smizzle
    DraftCheat
    Empire Maker
    TommyG
    Loughy_D.
    EMGE
    Rad Thad
    Mr Tuttle
    Mark Guindi

Players from last Season (guaranteed spots if they want them):
    Notorius
    Young Kaiser
    JLowery

For anyone who can afford this and thinks they have serious NBA skills step up.
    More to come.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Tommy G will be joining. So there is that.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Ok folks we have another addition to the roster. Repping Philadelphia and Fantasy Insiders is Dave Loughran. Loughy_D.

Welcome. Water is fine.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

If anyone can think of a player who should be in thsi but is not, let me know and I will try and get them in. Even if I have to shame them.

FCK

• fadein34

I think the overall winner of this should also hand out the winner’s trophy in Toledo next summer. :-)

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

emge will be in this year

• fishcakeking

FCK

@emge said...

emge will be in this year

Great man. Welcome to the field. We are near full.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Another addition to the field is the great Rad Thad.

There aren’t many top NBA dfs players not in. Starts next week.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

With Mr Tuttle joining in we now have a full field. 3 guys who played last year can still get in if they choose. Also good to have alternits in case someone drops out.

FCK

• guindi989

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Can I get in?

• fishcakeking

FCK

@guindi989 said...

Can I get in?

I don’t see why not. 20 was an arbitrary number. I’ll add you to the list.

FCK

• EmpireMaker2

Wow Guindi is in? Just got alot harder boys.

• fishcakeking

FCK

Ok here is an update on the logistics. It would be tough for DK to withdraw the money every week for this event. We met in the middle.

Before the first night all players will post $3k. That’s the $1k side bet and the first 10 games. Then before halfway through players must post the other $2k for the last 10 games.

If this is an issue for anyone I understand. Just dm me here or on twitter.

Thanks to Ethan at dk for helping us out.

Fck

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

@fishcakeking said...

Ok here is an update on the logistics. It would be tough for DK to withdraw the money every week for this event. We met in the middle.

Before the first night all players will post $3k. That’s the $1k side bet and the first 10 games. Then before halfway through players must post the other $2k for the last 10 games.

Fck

Is there an official payout structure(top 3 overall splits side money?) and format(cumulative?) yet?

• fishcakeking

FCK

Will put out this weekend.

Scoring will be cumulative throwing out single worst score. Seems to be the consensus.

Open to suggestion on payout structure.

Thanks,
    FCK

• kaetorade

@fishcakeking said...

Will put out this weekend.

Scoring will be cumulative throwing out single worst score. Seems to be the consensus.

Open to suggestion on payout structure.

Thanks,
    FCK

If it’s indeed 20k for the side pot, I’ll vote for something along the lines of $12k/$5k/$3k for the top 3.

• EMSBRO

RG Overall Ranking

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@fishcakeking said...

Fck

Can we have solid details?

Start date?
    Players?
    Side Pot Payout?
    Tie Rules?
    Trophy?
    Royalty Points for Stacking 4+ Players on a Team?
    Prop Bets?

Let’s have some fun…

• fishcakeking

FCK

Will answer most of these this weekend. All but last two. You guys can work on the other two.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Side bet payout. Paying top 4.
    First $10k
    Second $5k
    Third $3k
    Fourth 2k

Cumulative fantasy points but we throw out lowest score.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Payout for each single contest will be as follows

$1500
    $1000
    $700
    $500
    $300

I’m open to all suggestions.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Any ties combine and split prizes. Hence if there is a tie for first and second. Combine the two prizes and split. This is true for daily games and side bet.

FCK

• fishcakeking

FCK

Unlike last year we will be doing cumulative fantasy point scoring throwing out the lowest score.

Should be fun.

Fck

• kaetorade

We are pretty close to the the start of this league. Can you post finalized details that includes payouts of each league, etc. ?

• fishcakeking

FCK

@kaetorade said...

We are pretty close to the the start of this league. Can you post finalized details that includes payouts of each league, etc. ?

Here you go.

Players will pay $3k on Wed 10/29 – First 20 games and $1k side bet
    Players will pay $2k on Fri 11/14 – Last 20 Games

Payout for each single contest will be as follows

$1500
    $1000
    $700
    $500
    $300

Side bet payout. Paying top 4.
    First $10k
    Second $5k
    Third $3k
    Fourth 2k

Cumulative fantasy points but we throw out lowest score.

Any ties combine and split prizes. Hence if there is a tie for first and second. Combine the two prizes and split. This is true for daily games and side bet.

FCK

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.