MLB FORUM

Comments

• mannmicj

This is the scoring you will see on Fanduel’s MLB page now.

1B = 3pts
    2B = 6pts
    3B = 9pts
    HR = 12pts
    RBI = 3pts
    R = 3pts
    BB = 3pts
    SB = 6pts
    HBP = 3pts

W = 12pts
    ER = (-) 3pts
    SO = 3pts
    IP = 3pts*

*Fractional scoring per out.

It looks like they want much high scoring. No negatives for hitters. Wow.

• BmoreClutch

@pburghpens22 said...

Just look at the leader board and look at how many people have tied for the exact same score….I’m not a fan of this scoring…imo smaller numbers were so much better and now without the .33 for pitching and no negatives, so many scores will be the same !!!! BRING BACK THE OLD!

It’s not going to happen this season. I spoke to a FD rep today and he said no changes will be made to the scoring. I’d like to think they’d change their tune is there was enough negative feedback, but it certainly sounds like FD doesn’t really care about our opinions.

• 1greatbuyz

• x3

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@emac said...

FantasyAces – no negatives for hitters (but they do have varying fractional scoring for 1.25 RBI, 1.25 Runs, 0.5 HBP; Pitching -0.25 walk, hit, hit batter, -1 earned run,

I haven’t played over there yet this year but that means they did away with the -.5 for strikeouts. Man, I liked that feature. it made you think a little bit before rostering certain guys.

• KevKev198622

Can fanduel respond to this for fucks sake??

I was one of those teams. Hell in the main slate I had 4 line ups with 201. All of them were different.

• ComicFx

$50K Tue MLB Squeeze ($50K Guaranteed, Early Only)
    3 games $2 entry, 2891 entries, ~600 winners at the cash line for $0.07 profit, cash line $1.93

$125K Tue MLB Squeeze ($125K Guaranteed)
    7 games $2 entry, 6671 entries, ~1470 winners at the cash line for $1.87 profit, cash line $0.13 cents

I played every single MLB DFS day last season on FanDuel and today I’m cashing out for MLB season. FanDuel has created a product where the fish will bleed slower and the mass entry guys will leave. IMO they went from first to worst, so I’m voting with my dollars.

“HE GONE

• ComicFx

I sent a complaint email and got the canned response

“Thank you for contacting FanDuel Customer Support. We changed our scoring due to user feedback. An overwhelming majority felt that our MLB scores were too low and you couldn’t win without the top-scoring Starting Pitcher. We changed our format to help address the majority of our users’ concerns and believe this new format will be a big improvement. Although we removed negative points for Outs, your batters can still go 0-4 and earn 0 points. This means you can still win big with poor performances or scratches/ejections! Please let us know how you like the scoring throughout the season. If you have any proposed changes to our current format, then please, share your opinion.”

So basically, if you want to tie with a thousand other people that have 800 unique lineups then play FanDuel and try to have fun as your account bleeds to death.

Good chance to see how long a full withdraw of my funds takes.

• EC4THREE10

Comic- you might actually have a valid point. So far ehafner has placed in the top 10. 2 out of 3 days in the MLB slam.

I am not sure how many line ups he puts in but I can tell it’s a ton. I know if we were to limit entries. We would not see the same names on the top of the leaderboard.

Mass multi entries players dont bother me because the big multi enteries players keep the prize pool big.

I do think fan duel needs to bring some kind of negative scoring back into the game.

• ComicFx

@EC4THREE10 said...

Mass multi entries players dont bother me because the big multi enteries players keep the prize pool big.

I agree, multi entry, max entry, single entry, the variation of contests is good for DFS. The lack of fractional scoring and 1470 way ties at the cash line of a main slate is terrible.

I think they want this, slow bleed will keep people around and playing longer. Maybe this is how they planned to level out the top heavy prize pools? I don’t know but the math don’t work for me. I’ve requested a withdraw and I’m moving to DK primarily.

• jfand30

@ComicFx said...

I sent a complaint email and got the canned response

“Thank you for contacting FanDuel Customer Support. We changed our scoring due to user feedback. An overwhelming majority felt that our MLB scores were too low and you couldn’t win without the top-scoring Starting Pitcher. We changed our format to help address the majority of our users’ concerns and believe this new format will be a big improvement. Although we removed negative points for Outs, your batters can still go 0-4 and earn 0 points. This means you can still win big with poor performances or scratches/ejections! Please let us know how you like the scoring throughout the season. If you have any proposed changes to our current format, then please, share your opinion.”

So basically, if you want to tie with a thousand other people that have 800 unique lineups then play FanDuel and try to have fun as your account bleeds to death.

Lmaooo what a reason. The scores are too low and I can’t win if I don’t pick the right pitcher.

• 1greatbuyz

• x3

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@jfand30 said...

We changed our scoring due to user feedback. An overwhelming majority felt that our MLB scores were too low and you couldn’t win without the top-scoring Starting Pitcher. We changed our format to help address the majority of our users’ concerns and believe this new format will be a big improvement.

Who the hell are these users???? I would be willing to bet a baller entry fee that if they put up a poll on the site that at least 75 percent would want it changed back.

• BlackGambino

Agree, has me weary of just playing 50/50’s. May consider just doing Top 6. But at the $5 level. Trying to avoid you sharks.

• TheRyanFlaherty

There’s really no excuse for not having people in house to anticipate these issues.

If you send out survey’s (which I’m presuming they did). And ask things like – Do you like players having negative scores? Do you like scoring more points or less points? etc.
    Of course people are going to say I’d rather not lose points and have higher scores, especially casual players because it provides the illusion they are doing better than they actually are…remember, the public loves to chase the over.

It’s like being a parent and giving in to everything your child asks…sometimes it’s not a good idea and you have to make a tough choice protecting themselves from their self.

It’s also their fault for taking such a remedial approach. Triple scores and take away negatives. They could have easily found a solution in the middle (I’m assuming there are people at FD being paid for such foresight)…If I could do it and other users here could, they should have been able to figure it out. For ex. – Taking away negatives except strikeouts and double plays. keeping the decimals. etc.

With the way FD is going I’m surprised they even have a salary cap at this point. Every move seems to be in effort to dumb the game down so anyone can presumably pick whomever they want and feel like they have a chance, score a ton of points and feel like they were ooohhhh so close, so they play again tomorrow.

I’d be more upset, but the majority of my baseball play was already on DK, last year was my first year and I found it far more profitable and rewarding, so if I cut FD out it won’t be a huge change.

• bohicabuddy

• 2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Every other sport on FD has some sort of fractional scoring but you do completely away on one of the biggest sports. It was perfect the way it was before. A pitcher gets 3 points for every inning or out now, then a hitter should get some sort of negative fractional point for every out made. The new scoring is absolutely asinine.

• soobv

RG Overall Ranking

i think it makes sense for them not to count outs as negative though

• soobv

RG Overall Ranking

I may actually go back to fanduel now that they have changed this.

• sdchickens

soobv: you are in the SEVERE minority…

Did FD really say that people complained that they couldn’t win without the top pitcher? That seems completely insane to me. I think the complaint here was that pitchers only negative was for runs given up so it was weighted in their favor. You didn’t need the top pitcher, you just really needed a good outing from your pitcher. Kind of like in football, you need your Quarterback to not suck….

• sdchickens

By only removing outs for the hitters, it is entirely a home run site.
    Going 1 for 5 with a solo HR is now equal to going 2-3 with a walk and 2 RBI.

In NBA terms, they are basically saying that scoring 30 points with 5 turnovers is the same as scoring 15 points with 10 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 turnovers. Which we know it is not….

It baffles me that FanDuel says they wont do PGA because of the limited stats and scoring options, yet for one of the sports with the most scoring variables they effectively have none.

For hitters, they dont count outs, strikeouts, caught stealing, ibb/hbp are the same
    For pitchers, they dont count walks, hits (hello, the 90’s called and WHIP is now important), losses, quality starts, complete games (im not in favor of this, but its another metric)….

The only logical thing I have come up with so far is just to switch it back. Or at least make it -0.1 for every out. something….

• ComicFx

@ComicFx said...

Approx 32hrs

• mwright286

I have been playing everyday since opening day. Opening day I made money, but since then I have been losing my $1 single entry. As a mainly single entry, $1 player, I liked having to find the “correct pitcher.” Predicting these HR’s each night is starting to make me hate playing. I have lost past few nights, because I stopped taking the right pitcher and just started trying to guess who is going to hit HR’s and multi HR’s. Now, I am not a pro player with stat sheets. I pay my $25 a month for RG’s, even though I probably do not know enough to use it properly. I compare stats on ESPN… I felt like I had this figured out last year and was doing ok. Now, I feel like the stats do not matter as much, as you have to find the HR hitters every night.

Maybe I don’t have a clue as to what I am talking about. I feel like I am an ok player, you guys can check my profile. But I think I like FD better the way it was before the change.

• PudRatInc

I’m really new to DFS. I can tell you that ties are annoying

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).