• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

DK sucks at getting prices out.

• 2thDK

I’ve played there and it’s a hard course

• theoddsmaker

@walkoff9 said...

DK sucks at getting prices out.

They literally use the betting market to price players. That usually doesn’t get generated until Monday morning. Going to let you in on a secret though is that Day and Spieth are going to be the top 2 most expensive guys. Course sets up well for Day and not so much Speith though. Both might be in 5-1 odds range

• theoddsmaker

For anyone getting into golf let me give you some insight on the course and the type of golfers to target here. Kapalua is a very unique course and because of that players with experience here definitely have an edge. It’s ideal to fade guys debuting here.

It is a LONG course but you don’t necessarily need to take bombers, a lot of hole are downwind and downhill so it’s a bit decieving. The greens are HUGE too so GIR is misleading here you want guys with good proximity to hole. Guys will also have some long lag putts needed so putting is important but I think 3 putt avoidance is a stat worth looking at as well.

For some reason Australians crush here. Spieth will be the favorite but I just don’t like him here with Jason Day just behind who I like much more. It’s a very hilly long course so I really do think in-shape players have a bit of an edge (guys like Ken Duke and Charl Petterson would get a downgrade if they ever make it here).

No cut also so we at least don’t have to worry about that until next week. Good luck!

• MrSnuffleupagus

loving ZJ, Reed, Hydeki

• MrSnuffleupagus

@theoddsmaker said...

For anyone getting into golf let me give you some insight on the course and the type of golfers to target here. Kapalua is a very unique course and because of that players with experience here definitely have an edge. It’s ideal to fade guys debuting here.

It is a LONG course but you don’t necessarily need to take bombers, a lot of hole are downwind and downhill so it’s a bit decieving. The greens are HUGE too so GIR is misleading here you want guys with good proximity to hole. Guys will also have some long lag putts needed so putting is important but I think 3 putt avoidance is a stat worth looking at as well.

For some reason Australians crush here. Spieth will be the favorite but I just don’t like him here with Jason Day just behind who I like much more. It’s a very hilly long course so I really do think in-shape players have a bit of an edge (guys like Ken Duke and Charl Petterson would get a downgrade if they ever make it here).

No cut also so we at least don’t have to worry about that until next week. Good luck!

Aussies don’t really have a good track record here.

As for fading the news guys, that would mean fading Half the field 😮

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@2thDK said...

I’ve played there and it’s a hard course

Of course it’s hard for the average person.

As for the PGA Tour guys, this played as the easiest course on Tour relative to par in 2015.

• theoddsmaker

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Aussies don’t really have a good track record here.

As for fading the news guys, that would mean fading Half the field 😮

Take it for what it’s worth. I mean will I end up taking a debutante on one of my FantasyAces salcap pro teams this week? Probably. Just saying it’s ideal to have some experience here is all.

Not a good track record? 5 of last 12 winners were Australian which is clearly an anomaly but could be due to similar conditions/weather? Obviously I’m skeptical of any historical trend like that but when 42% of the winners are from Aus when maybe 6-8% of the field each year is comprised of Aus over that stretch I don’t think it’s fair to say that Aussies don’t have a good track record here.

I won’t be taking Day just because he’s an Aussie my main reason will be that he is pretty good at golf.

• smallANDflaccid

@theoddsmaker said...

They literally use the betting market to price players. That usually doesn’t get generated until Monday morning.

But the DK salaries remain constant, and the lines can change. So only information is if any change in the line, and what one feels that means towards FPP generation.

• MrSnuffleupagus

@theoddsmaker said...

Take it for what it’s worth. I mean will I end up taking a debutante on one of my FantasyAces salcap pro teams this week? Probably. Just saying it’s ideal to have some experience here is all.

Not a good track record? 5 of last 12 winners were Australian which is clearly an anomaly but could be due to similar conditions/weather? Obviously I’m skeptical of any historical trend like that but when 42% of the winners are from Aus when maybe 6-8% of the field each year is comprised of Aus over that stretch I don’t think it’s fair to say that Aussies don’t have a good track record here.

I won’t be taking Day just because he’s an Aussie my main reason will be that he is pretty good at golf.

You have to go back to 2010 for an Aussie that won it. I go back a max of three at most. No point in counting something that has happend 6 years ago considering it was Geoff O that won it twice in 10 and 09. Stuart apple also was a two time winner but back in the day…..

• zshatz11

@theoddsmaker said...

Charl Petterson

Carl Pettersson finished in the top 10 here in his last two appearances.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

loving ZJ, Reed, Hydeki

Hydeki?

• MrSnuffleupagus

@walkoff9 said...

Hydeki?

My apologies. The site that i looked at before DK came out with prices had HM playing.

Just found out ZJ and Chris Kirk are using new types of clubs. Should be interesting

• theoddsmaker

welp, never trying to give any help in here again lol. im a bit rusty forgot how to spell Carl Petterson and was speaking in general about the course really, just scoop my h2h’s and let’s have some fun

• MrSnuffleupagus

@theoddsmaker said...

welp, never trying to give any help in here again lol. im a bit rusty forgot how to spell Carl Petterson and was speaking in general about the course really, just scoop my h2h’s and let’s have some fun

Now I feel bad : ( Im sorry, we can all use everyones idea’s and inside info. Your numbers speak for it self.

• RolltheRock83

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Just found out ZJ and Chris Kirk are using new types of clubs

Brooks Koepka has made the switch from Titleist to Nike.
    Usually a decent adjustment period when making the change. Not saying he cant/wont do well this tournament but I’ll definitely be taking a wait and see approach with him.

• MrSnuffleupagus

@RolltheRock83 said...

Brooks Koepka has made the switch from Titleist to Nike.
    Usually a decent adjustment period when making the change. Not saying he cant/wont do well this tournament but I’ll definitely be taking a wait and see approach with him.

I just saw that tonight along with Tony Finau whos not playing.

People who made the switch to PXG
    ZJ
    Chris Kirk
    Billy Horsheul Not playing
    James Hahn
    CH3rd not playing

And remember, if you have to ask whst a ZJ is, then you just cant afford it.

• rickmeseke

Dl III winning this week watch

• whitnall

The pricing on DK makes it almost impossible to take Day/9k guy without taking every golfer that is priced below 7k. Going to be interesting to see roster construction this week

• cAUmberlandtiger8

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

I just saw that tonight along with Tony Finau whos not playing.

People who made the switch to PXG
    ZJ
    Chris Kirk
    Billy Horsheul Not playing
    James Hahn
    CH3rd not playing

And remember, if you have to ask whst a ZJ is, then you just cant afford it.

I just went and read a couple articles about PXG golf clubs. I had never heard of them. Will be fascinating to see how these players perform.

• smallANDflaccid

When one is pro and makes a switch to PXG (or any brand) clubs (or ball, etc), is that “I am paid to use PXG” or “I pay to use PXG”? (serious question)

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@smallANDflaccid said...

When one is pro and makes a switch to PXG (or any brand) clubs (or ball, etc), is that “I am paid to use PXG” or “I pay to use PXG”? (serious question)

most pros get a contract to play clubs. For PXG this is a very interesting concept by a guy who started godaddy. These clubs are the most expensive clubs made.

• zshatz11

@smallANDflaccid said...

I believe it is the “I am paid to use PXG” but an “I also chose to let them pay me as opposed to getting paid by another company.”

• Putz

It’s that time of year again for golf and Gibby!

Its not a PGA thread until we hear all of huitcinq and daj5mg’s 2015 accolades.

On a side note, what is the 2nd best site for PGA action outside of DK? Victiv was pretty good last season. Is aces better for volume and low stakes?

• MrFantasy

@Putz said...

On a side note, what is the 2nd best site for PGA action outside of DK? Victiv was pretty good last season. Is aces better for volume and low stakes?

If you liked Victiv’s format you will like FantasyHub’s.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).