MAIN FORUM

Comments

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

Starts next Thursday! DK hasn’t posted the first slate yet, but does have up a January Jam $100 GPP at the end of the month.

The turnover from last season is insane and I’m wondering how well these teams will be able to mesh early in the season with such limited time with their new teammates.

Thoughts about new teams like Immortals before the season starts next week?

• GrindersJ

eSports Lead

Immortals is definitely the most interesting team. Highly skilled, aggressive players that haven’t had much time to mesh yet could lead to lots of fantasy points. Vitality is in a similar spot in EU, talented players with lots of upside.

I think Rush is the most interesting player. I’m curious if C9 will tone down his aggressive play, or if his presence will energize C9. If the latter, it will be a good year for C9.

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

Yup, looking forward to seeing Rush on C9. Mentioned him in my preview which is on the front page now. C9 needs to find some stability in this split. Hoping they move away from Hai early on and stick with one group going forward.

• stephenly

Haven’t read your article, but from other stuff I’ve read I think C9 is slightly overhyped and CLG/TL being slightly underhyped. Hard to imagine TSM not being on a tier by themselves by the end of the split. I actually think 2-6 is relatively close.

Interested to see how Immortals perform. High ceiling for sure, although I do have some concerns on how Huni/RO style translates to NA.

Impulse could be epicly bad.

Looking forward to the season.

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

I’m definitely intrigued by C9, but not sold that they’ll just automatically be back at the top of the table. They need to stop relying on Hai.

• GrindersJ

eSports Lead

Really depends which C9 shows up, I don’t expect them to do super well, but really hoping for some consistency from them.

I think CLG will do well this season, at least in terms of points. I expect Stixxay to have some massive games.

• speddie

Super excited about the NA LCS this season!

It’s hard to put together power rankings in the preseason with so many unknowns, I think a tier list is more appropriate right now. My take

Tier A-
    TSM

Tier B – NRG
    IMT
    C9
    CLG

Tier C – TL
    RNG
    EF
    DIG

Tier D – TIP

Few quick notes from me

-I think Renegades will do a lot better than expected, early on. They have been playing together the longest out of most of these teams. Freeze is a STUD ADC, who will be able to perform regardless. I look for them to pull off some upsets early.

-TSM is the clear cut #1

-Exciting to see Rick Fox’s continued involvement with this team. I think his roster has decent talent, and could come around later in the season.

-TIP is awful

-I’m not buying C9 being overhyped. They got a HUGE upgrade at jungle, and got better at support as well. Mid laner Jensen is one of my favorite under-the-radar players headed in to this year, I can see big things from him.

-I am extremely hyped to be playing a full season of DFS for the LCS

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

Disappointed in contest sizes for Thursday’s first LCS slate.

• BomberFD

@wazzu24 said...

Disappointed in contest sizes for Thursday’s first LCS slate.

I am sure it will grow through out the season, I’m really excited to see Esports grow. I think there is real edge especially to the LPL and LCK as there is a lot less info out on them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).