NFL FORUM

Comments

• JMToWin

• x2

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Ho, hum. It’s football season. Not that anyone really cares, right? I mean, I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t care less that the NFL season is just…about…to freaking…kick…off!!!!

(Oops! I mean, “is just about to freaking kick off.” No additional punctuation or excitement.)

But in case you are excited about NFL kicking off, I wanted to drop by and let you know what our NFL Premium offering looks like on FanDuel and DraftKings this season. Don’t forget we’ll also have Premium content available for FantasyDraft, Rosters, FantasyAces, Yahoo, Draftpot and DraftDay.

We also have a post on the site that goes a bit more in-depth on these items, which you can find here, but since I’m posting this for the battle-tested veterans of the forum (who may only travel to the main page on RG on rare, cloudy-day occasions), I’m going to run through the items a bit more succinctly for all of you (yes, I do know how to be succinct; sort of…).

Feel free to leave your feedback below (even if said feedback simply consists of something like, “So pumped for all of this!” or “I don’t care that NFL is about to kick off”), and then get some sleep. Football is about to kick off. You just might be busy…

DraftKings Players: Start your free trial here!

FanDuel Players: Start your free trial here!

CONSENSUS VALUE RANKINGS (FD, DK)

As we did during MLB, we will not only have our experts ranking their top point-per-dollar plays at each position; we will also be tracking the accuracy of all our rankers, as they compete for the title of “Most Accurate Ranker.” The Consensus Value Rankings are a great way to quickly see how some of the most profitable DFS players in the industry are viewing that week’s slate.

JMTOWIN’S NFL EDGE (FD, DK)

We’re bringing back the NFL Edge for the second consecutive year. For those of you who were not Premium members last year – and are therefore unfamiliar with the Edge: I use this article to break down every game on that week’s NFL slate from top to bottom, with a look at game flow, player matchups, coaching tendencies, DFS strategy, and pretty much anything else that shows up that might give you an edge on the slate. This article takes around 25 to 30 hours to put together each week, and we’re pretty certain it is the single most in-depth, DFS-specific article in the industry.

PLAYER SPOTLIGHTS (FD, DK)

We’ll have a “player spotlight” article at each of the four, core positions (QB, RB, WR, TE), in which our writers will break down their favorite cash game plays (focusing on safe, high-floor plays) and their favorite “low-owned with upside” plays (for tourneys). Each writer will also give their “endorsement play” each week – the one play at the position they like the most.

NOTORIOUSCHEAT SHEET (FD, DK)

Noto brings back the Cheat Sheet – helping you to quickly see some snapshots of the ways in which he is seeing the slate himself, in a variety of areas.

PLAYER POOL (FD, DK)

This may be the article I am most excited about adding to Premium this year!

If you have watched TheSeige or Jakz101 on GrindersLive, you have probably heard them talk about using the RotoGrinders Lineup Builder tool. Each of these guys focuses a large chunk of their DFS efforts into narrowing down all the players available on a slate to a small, sharp field of +EV plays at each position that they can mix and match using the RotoGrinders Lineup Builder to create a large number of +EV teams at once. This year, FanDuel Premium subscribers will receive TheSeige’s narrowed-down player pool, and DraftKings Premium subscribers will receive Jakz101’s narrowed-down player pool.

SITE-SPECIFIC SPECIALS (FD, DK)

FanDuel subscribers will receive a special “Thursday Lock” article – helping you to uncover some of the plays you can lock into your roster for “Thursday-lock” tourneys that most others will not notice until they get closer to the weekend, in order for you to lock in these guys at low ownership on Thursday night.

DraftKings subscribers will receive a special “Late Swap” article, which will highlight some of the late-game players you can look to if you want to protect a big lead in cash games, or if you need to take some risks to make up ground in cash games or tourneys. This article will also be updated on Sundays any time there is a late scratch that may impact your roster in a big way (whether it’s a player you actually rostered…or a player – like the Thomas Rawls Week last year – coming available).

Forum Favorite Sethayates will be tackling both of these articles!

BARGAIN BIN BALLERS (All Sites)

Our experts will help you uncover some of the best value plays available on the slate, so that you can grab big upside at a low price in order to fit in those high-priced guys you desperately want to use.

CHRISGIMINO’S CORRELATIONS (FD, DK)

Nailing the right correlation can often be the difference between a bad week and a good week, or a good week and a great week. Each week this season, the great ChrisGimino will break down the top correlation plays on the slate – with the type of sharp, in-depth insight only he can provide.

We’ll also have Lineup Walkthroughs (Videos) with STLCardinals (DK) and Hoop2410 (FD), Projected Ownership (FD/DK) for the biggest GPP that week, and weekly Expert Chat with Notorious.

FantasyDraft, Rosters, FantasyAces, Yahoo, Draftpot and DraftDay subscribers will receive weekly projections, expert picks, bargain bin ballers, and expert chat.

DraftKings Players: Start your free trial here!

FanDuel Players: Start your free trial here!

CLOSING THOUGHTS (read this even if you skipped everything else)

When I took over as Premium Content Director in February, I said that I wanted people to feel like they were ripping us off by paying so little for a Premium membership. As I was typing out all those items for this post, I kept thinking, “Wow. There’s more? Sheesh – readers are getting a ton this year.”

In writing the NFL Edge, I obviously pride myself on trying to create an article that would cause readers to say, “I would pick up a Premium subscription even if this were the only article I got.” But I also want readers to feel that same way about the other articles they receive! I want each reader to have four or five articles that would cause them to say, “I would pick up a Premium subscription even if this were the only article I got.”

We have put together a team of articles this year that is going to accomplish exactly that – and I’m pumped to share these with you over the coming days and weeks!

• ahoythere

Agree, I am very excited about the upcoming NFL season and all the premium content RG will offer.

However, like many others (I am sure), I signed up for RG incentives via the free, one-year subscription after depositing on DraftKings. Now that is expiring and my only option is to pay $25 a month, which seems high considering I need to buy 10 months to play NFL and MLB. The only months I wouldn’t purchase would be February and March.

So it’s $250 a year for RG premium content if you want to play MLB and NFL. That seems high.

Why not keep it at $25 a month, but offer $99 for the full year if you pay up front? That would be a real value and I would be willing to pay $99 for the same benefits I had this year as a DraftKings referral.

How many people are going to go from the full year of MLB and NFL after an incentives referral to a full year of RG premium at $250 or even $300 if they forget to cancel Feb and March? Not many.

How many of those same people would be on board for $99 for the next year? I am guessing enough to make you more money.

• skizzats

I have a few questions JM.

1. How/Where on RG site do you access this information once a Premium member? Under tools? Just videos?

2. If you received Premium last year with a DK signup does that provide access to all these great tools? Or is this a different premium signup?

Ahoy – I have to speak up and say at $300 dollars this is a great deal. If you consider all the time it would take someone personally just to try and scratch the surface on players each week this is worth ten fold. A lot of people forget to value their own time into the cost of doing business equation. (everyone’s time is worth something)
    I enjoy doing my own research each week and it takes hours upon hours, but last year I always liked to do some
    due diligence on my own picks just to see where I stood.
    Some lineups I left and others I changed because I found out information I was not aware of from RG.

As in the game of life just like fantasy football more often then not, the person with the most information/knowledge has the most success.

• tvsfrink

Wasn’t there some talk about an NFL version of The BAT? Is that not going to happen?

• Kleppy12

Yeah have to agree with Skizzats that $250 or $25/month is a great deal when you consider how much time they have to put into this for even one of these tools not to mention all 14 for football and 10 for baseball. I’m also guessing if they did the $100 a year they would be making way less money because that’s the option everyone would choose because it would be almost pointless to spend $25/ month when you just pay an extra $75 one time and you get it for a year and at $100 a year that comes out to less than $8.50/month at which point RG probably couldn’t put in the time to make solid content and it would be worthless to pay for any of it. Not to be rude but if you don’t think the cost justifies it then don’t pay for it, that’s a pretty simple solution.

• Ross
    @skizzats said...

1. How/Where on RG site do you access this information once a Premium member? Under tools? Just videos?

2. If you received Premium last year with a DK signup does that provide access to all these great tools? Or is this a different premium signup?

Hello,

1 – To access the premium content click Research Tools, then select a site and sport from the menu-bar.

2 – Yes, if you signed up through the RG sign up promo and recieved the 12 months of free premium content, you get access to premium content for all sports for that site. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• kyastanley1

$25 a month is a helluva lot cheaper per month than fantasy labs at $59.95 a month. They have some decent models but the information is better on this site.

• EadesScience

Just an honest question JMtoWin…..Why should I listen or pay for the advice that my competition gives me? I have always wondered this thought, but was hesitant to ask.

Ricky

• tvsfrink

@tvsfrink said...

Wasn’t there some talk about an NFL version of The BAT? Is that not going to happen?

?

• wwhis

Premium as an adjective: of exceptional quality or greater value than others of its kind. RG Premium delivers the best content (articles, advice etc.) that I have found on the web. There are better tools in my opinion but not better content. It can make you a better player not necessarily a winning one however.

• osuryanf

@EadesScience said...

Just an honest question JMtoWin…..Why should I listen or pay for the advice that my competition gives me? I have always wondered this thought, but was hesitant to ask.

Ricky

The only competition you have is from the people on this site? Makes sense.

Ryan

OSURYANF

Signature on a Forum

• KillaChap

Where are you guys coming up with $250/ year? When I go there it has an option for $99 for the entire season. That is more than reasonable as far as I’m concerned considering guys like JM are spending 30 hours a week to write one article. People complain far too much about the cost of these things.

• einars

@KillaChap said...

Where are you guys coming up with $250/ year? When I go there it has an option for $99 for the entire season. That is more than reasonable as far as I’m concerned considering guys like JM are spending 30 hours a week to write one article. People complain far too much about the cost of these things.

100 a season per site. that being said…seems more than fair

• KillaChap

@einars said...

100 a season per site. that being said…seems more than fair

Ah, I see. I generally just buy one site and use the research for both DK and FD. The information is still the same even though the projections might be a bit different based on unique scoring.

• JMToWin

• x2

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@EadesScience said...

Ricky

That’s always an interesting question.

The first part of that has to be, “Why would someone write and/or provide their thoughts, tools, etc. to the public?” (Or, “They must either be losing players, so they do this to supplement their income…or they must be offering misinformation.” – I’m not saying that’s where you’re coming from with this question! Just saying that this is how many people view things.)

For one thing, the reason why guys like myself, and Saahil, and Seige, and DraftCheat, and Levitan, and other proven-profitable players write or provide content or tools of some sort is because “money in pocket” is always guaranteed. If we are doing all this research, and it does not take too much longer to disseminate that research to others (and get guaranteed money), that’s a bonus. Why not!

For another thing (for me, at least), putting my thoughts onto paper (and opening my thoughts for discussion) often helps me to see new things, or to solidify my thoughts. My most profitable days in MLB tend to be the days on which I have an article (too bad I didn’t have to write an article on the day of either Live Final!). Of course, I write for NFL every week, so the same sort of goes there – though I don’t have “non-writing weeks” to compare things to. I do, however, know that my articles and videos help me work through my thoughts in a big way, and help me reach conclusions I would not otherwise reach.

Finally, regarding “misinformation” – there is a lot of competition out there. Frankly, anyone who is offering bad advice will not maintain readership for long! As such, it’s WAY more worthwhile (and long-term-profitable) to provide quality info than to provide misinformation.

That pretty much covers my perspective on the topic. Hopefully that helps!

Oh – and why should you in particular (or any other reader) read advice given by their “competition”? For the same reason I read everything Levitan writes, and everything Silva writes, and everything in our Premium platform: if these guys are doing 25 to 30 (to 40…to 50) hours of research themselves, and are then putting that research into a form that allows me to take in all that research in just an hour of reading or listening, I definitely want that leg-up. In my mind, I can invest a few hours reading and pick up an extra 100 hours’ worth of research that I would not otherwise be able to undertake. That’s a pretty sweet ratio!

• EadesScience

Thanks for answering those questions JMtoWin….A really nice response I thought.

• ediederichsen

I live in St. Louis. Screw the NFL. Corrupt as the day is long. :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).