NHL FORUM

Comments

• jmbwngfn

4x FSWA Writer Nominee, RG Admin

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Announcing the 2017-18 DFS NHL Season Preview in the Daily Marketplace

The puck dropped on the NHL preseason over the weekend and that means we’re just two weeks away from opening night. With baseball still in full swing, the NFL just underway, NASCAR headed to their playoffs and the NBA on the horizon, it’s the busiest time of the year for any DFS player. If you’re feeling behind on your NHL research, this season preview will change your outlook quickly.
    When all is said and done, this preview will be pushing 30,000 written words and includes the following;

• Team-by-Team previews, broken up by Division.These previews highlight the changes the teams have faced since last season and the players that look poised for more prominent roles in the 2017-18 season.

• A write-up about the most promising new faces to the NHL

• An analysis using PDO (and other advanced statistics) to highlight both breakout and regression candidates.

• Detail the most important offseason transactions as well as their DFS impact

• A look at the players most likely to be hidden gems in a section called “Finding the Next Arvidsson”

• A live chat for the RotoGrinders hockey community.

• Updates on important developments/injuries/etc. up until opening night

If you’re not familiar with my odd screen name, here’s a little bit about me; First off, I’m a die-hard Detroit Red Wings fan (It’s going to be a long season). Secondly, I’ve been part of the RotoGrinders NHL team since its inception. I developed and manage the NHL projections and have written hundreds of articles; Grind Downs, head-to-head picks, Slate Summaries, etc. I was also fortunate enough to be nominated as Fantasy Hockey Writer of the Year by the FSWA for both 2015 and 2016.

If you have any questions you can ask here and/or feel free to send me a private message.

Click HERE to sign up for the 2017-18 DFS NHL Season Preview !

• B_Edelman

No Jaywilly and company this year?

• SA16

It’s Arvidsson

• steelcitydozer

I smell 3peat let’s go pens

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I haven’t read too much of your stuff but what I did read leads me to believe you were robbed for the FSWA NHL Writer of the Year. The other guy appeared to be much less informed and literate.
    Keep up the good work.

• jmbwngfn

@Ryanoss said...

I haven’t read too much of your stuff but what I did read leads me to believe you were robbed for the FSWA NHL Writer of the Year. The other guy appeared to be much less informed and literate.
    Keep up the good work.

Thanks. I really appreciate the kind words and will be trying my best to get redemption this year!

• deejones49

Obvious cup winner this year

• Ross
    @deejones49 said...

• jmbwngfn

@Ross said...

• mathewsmarner

ott 6 tor 2, things don’t change to rapidly do they?

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Nonsense comments in the NHL thread. Things don’t change rapidly.

• mathewsmarner

i would imagine u would have highlighted my ‘to’ spelling error

• keg4540

Great stuff! If you plan on doing anything with NHL this year, then this is a must read!

• kantiger77

This is really excellent, thank you.

• TimmerRC

Does anyone know if a site out there will be taking up the mantle dropped by the shuttered puckalytics? No other site had anywhere NEAR the amount of data that guy had, but he’s moved on :(

• kdub

@deejones49 said...

• jmbwngfn

@TimmerRC said...

Does anyone know if a site out there will be taking up the mantle dropped by the shuttered puckalytics? No other site had anywhere NEAR the amount of data that guy had, but he’s moved on :(

Per their Twitter account, Corsica 2.0 should be live next week

• rannas23

Will there be any monthly, or daily packages available this year throughout the NHL hockey season in the marketplace section?

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

My model is good to go, cant wait for the puck to drop.

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• Yacht67

FD Hockey is up. Pricing looks easy.

• Hawkeye1992

Good stuff. Can’t wait for hockey to start!

• merrymex

Hello there! Where can I get the stats you referenced such as icorsi/60minutes. Can it be calculated with the stats found on Hockeyreference.com which is what I am using. Great stuff in your preview. Thanks

• kantiger77

Hockey surprisingly was my best DFS sport save college football and it’s gotten me into the game. Very excited for next week!

• jmbwngfn

@merrymex said...

Hello there! Where can I get the stats you referenced such as icorsi/60minutes. Can it be calculated with the stats found on Hockeyreference.com which is what I am using. Great stuff in your preview. Thanks

I was lucky enough to download most of these stats off of Corsica Hockey just after the end of the season (before they closed). You can get to these numbers (or at least very similar numbers) using the data incredible amount of data provided here;

http://www.hockeyabstract.com/testimonials/nhl2016-17playerdata

icorsi/60 would just be (CF)/(CH TOI)

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

finally gonna be a return to the playoffs this year for my Canes I believe. Aho and Skinner for all the goals

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).