PGA FORUM

Comments

• timusbr

Welcome to year 2 of the DFS World Cup of Golf.
    Reigning Champion *** jclem2115 ***

This is the sign up and rules thread. A new thread will open when contest begins.
    Seeding contest Starts this Week for the Valspar Championship March 8. You need to click on the league to enter the free contest.
    groups of 4 will be combined according to seeding. you will play 3 weeks in a ($2) group 50/50. Winners of the groups and a total of 32 players will advance to the knockout rounds of H2H matchups. The top 32 and 16 will play 2 weeks each of $2 H2H. The top 8 thru to the championship are single weeks and will be played at $5 H2H.

if RG and DK name are not the same and not in RG profile, I need that info

interested (56) : tim-usbr, coopdog0808, goleafsgo14, jk1492, eric2323, jleit13, Tripletime, kswetnam1342, ketter7, BlairNeal, dinkpuppy, timgodd375, hautalak, briansnail, whodat232, p8ntbllkip, Klemmentine, tarheelwoody29, APorter819, qatman, lfn1992, kujo33, medlund, Yacht67, nicholas-marsh, bgraffunder, coltsmitch, blee21985, webbm1, HunkerToe, jclem2115, jclements4048, dbullsfan, xXMrBreezeXx, Reid256, osuryanf, ndepompei, astauty, reeb, newfforlife23, TheDaz, titanhawks, Wander_Bread, monte_cristo14, MUwarriors91, whodeywinning, Penguin3200, Dunzor, driven2thedge, salty39, klubba575, deepfat, samydavisjr, jetsfan303, mogan11, jdubadubs,

• timusbr

How this works:
    1) A $free contest will be set up in a New DK League (free because I don’t have to stress about setting a number on contest entries)
    2) you need to get the link to the league to enter, I would like to keep track of interested players and show that in the header of the thread.
    3) this contest will determine placements into “groups”
    first place will be spot 1 in Group A, second will be spot 1 in group B snd so on
    4) the number of groups is determined by the the # entries. It is possible to have 3 player groups. They will be towards the end and open to last minute replacements.
    5) groups will play intra group 50/50 for 3 weeks. In case of 3 person group it will be a 3 way.
    6) DK scoreing prevailes – 1st place in 50/50 gets 3 pts, 2nd place gets 2 pts, 3rd gets 1 pt and 4th gets 0 pts
    for 1 week ties the person with the highest player pt total is given the win
    for group play ties, total DK pts is first step determination, then highest overall week scored 2nd, and 2nd highest week is 3rd …to individual highest player score
    7) group points will determin wild card status with total DK pts as tie breakers
    DK Pts are tie breakers (accumulated or for a particular week tie just that week)
    8) Knockout round (KO) will be seeded. group winners total pts in group stage. The remaining wild card by total points in group stage
    9) KO round 1 is a match covering 2 weeks
    10) if after round 1 we still have 16 teams round 2 of KO will also be 2 weeks
    11) When it gets to top 8 it is a single week until champion is crowned
    12) $2 per week and $5 when KO round gets to top 8

Key numbers that will determine the knock out round is 4,8,16,32,64 (no 24 or 48, no byes for KO round)
    4 is really small I expect much more that 8 people to play and 64 is a bit of a climb to get over a 100.

seed MAR 8 – 11 Valspar Championship 
    group1 MAR 15 – 18 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard 
    WGC event contest on hold
    group2 MAR 29 - APR 1 Houston Open 
    group3 APR 5 – 8 Masters Tournament 
    KO1 APR 12 – 15 RBC Heritage 
    KO1 pt2 APR 19 – 22 Valero Texas Open 
    PGA Partners event no DFS
    KO2 MAY 3 – 6 Wells Fargo Championship 
    KO2pt2 MAY 10 – 13 THE PLAYERS Championship 
    KO3 MAY 17 – 20 AT&T Byron Nelson 
    KO4 MAY 24 – 27 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 
    KO5 MAY 31 - JUN 3 the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide 
    Week KO 4 and 5 only used if necessary

• timusbr

rules and what not….I hope I covered my ass with possibilities, if you see anything (LOL if you read it) let me know.

My part – I will make myself available to anyone who wishes. explanations and pushing it to complete as designed.
    unable to enter a week, talk to me, I can enter the LU you choose in your absence ($$ dont matter to me, but if you want winnings you must say upfront your good for the losings).
    I will create a league for this
    I will create the contests (seeding and groups)
    I will have results and status.
    I will use this thread and also speak of this contest in the weekly PGA thread

Your part
    Inform me if your interested
    Understand the complexity of many people with varying degrees of software knowledge usage.
    Pay attention to what group you belong too and enter that contest only
    If you have an issue, let me know ASAP, seriously I can help, we can work out a fair solution ahead of time. After the fact is generally a DQ a loss.
    Enjoy the cash game experience in a different perspective, with others that participate on the thread. The contest is a low entry fee, You need a bunch of good picks and a lot of luck to get to the finals. Trust me when I say RG rankings meant nothing last year, the little guys are pretty darn good.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Sounds great Tim, highly suggest entering as Tim does a great job keeping people informed of the contest and following up. Suggest you get in early as Tim is consistently getting 60+ players for his weekly happy meal contest in the golf forum. I am in.

• goleafsgo14

interested

• Jk1492

RG Overall Ranking

Sounds great-

• Eric2323

I want in.

• jleit13

Sounds fun, count me in.

• DoubleTime

• 2016 King of Summer: August

IN
    RG username: DoubleTime
    DK username: TripleTime

• kswetnam1342

I’ll play

• Ketter

Count me in.
    RG – Ketter
    DK – Ketter7

• BIF

Sure Tim, I’ll get in this year – I’m sure you know that my RG and DK usernames are different

• dinkpuppy

RG Overall Ranking

Tim, Thanks for setting this up, I’m in!

• timgodd375

I will do it, sounds fun!

• hautalak

I’m in for this again. And I’m guessing we’ll get a few more than last year considering how the Happy Meal and other contests have expanded.

Now to get through another dreaded pro-am this week.

• brians

I will play in this again Tim. A lot of fun last year. DK name is BrianSnail.

• whodat2

• CUTiger81

I’m in. DK name is different than my RG but it’s in my profile.

• Klemmentine

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

Count me in – would also be interested in a side pot if you decide to do that.

• Tarheelwoody29

Enjoyed it last year. I’m in. Thanks Tim.

• Cincinnatibuck

I’m in, DK name APorter819.

• qatman

I will play again. DK user qatman.

• lfn1992

• kujo33

I’m in, DK name the same as here

• medlund

I’m ready to avenge my losses from last year! Count me in.

• Yacht67

I’ll play

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.