1 pm – 7 pm on TNT

Saturday & Sunday,
    11am – 2pm on TNT
    2pm – 7pm on CBS

Live Streaming at PGAChampionship.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• Kp24

@sfguy21 said...

This has probably been asked previous weeks, but what are some of your favorite contests here. I’m running with 8 teams and a fairly limited bankroll ($60-70) and want to deploy that money wisely. Outside of the 2 Milly tickets I have I don’t think it makes sense to enter and higher priced contest and the low $ entries dont seem to have the best payout structures.

Single entry I think as it levels the playing field. I almost always enter the $12

• Kp24

@Brandon6385 said...

We are looking at PM/AM weather advantage right?

I originally thought this and still might lean this way but it’s also supposed to get some rain Friday morning. So while the Fri PM guys will deal with some wind, they’ll also have a softer course

• AVivier

@Wander_Bread said...

Not sure if Jonas posted it but here is the Pat Mayo contest link for the PGA – 100k in prizes

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/72454069

Still about 600 spots left. 3 entry max as usual

Thanks. This tournament has 0 rake and a nice structure. Gold!

• mitchsnyderdfw

@hautalak said...

There’s a lot IMO!!!

Stanley, Barnrat, Harrington, Holmes, Thompson, and Stricker. I’d say others have a chance but that’s my starting list. I guess Piercy (chalkier) too. Oh Dufner too.

• hautalak

@timusbr said...

Hey is this the first week we get a mini survivor contest for showdown?
    the first ones available were $100 entry fee but now we got an $11 entry fee…….WOO HOO. Im in

Gonna jump in that now!!! Good looking out.

• hautalak

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Yeah I’m going to spread the love under 7K with Piercy most likely being my highest with Barnrat close behind. I’ll play each of those mentioned, with a little running in place ;)

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Hopefully we can gain some momentum
    Satellites Are Back Satellites Are Back
    For those of you who participated in the forum last year you may remember that we had a few satellite contests amongst the forum members which won you entry into bigger prized pool contests with fewer participants. Thanks to the DK community team we are able to bring these back this year. The plan is to have these satellite contests for the majors so you can use in the following major. Our ability to continue to receive these satellite contests will hinge on our ability to fill them.
    In order to compete you must be a member of the RotoGrinders Golf Forum League. If you would like to be added just ask. This will also give you access to play in the weekly Happy Meal contest along with the beat the forum H2H contests, both setup by Timusbr.
    This week for the PGA Championship we will be competing for tickets to be used for the US Open. The first satellite is for the $555 contest at the US Open. Last year this was a $444 contest with a prize pool of $750,000. I would imagine the prize pool this year to be around $800,000. The second satellite is for the $150 three max contest at the US Open. Last year the prize pool for this contest was $200,000. Both of these contests had less than 2,000 participants last year which is much better than competing against over 100,000 for a nice prize pool. We will also ha e satellite contests for the $75 3Max and $33 Single Entry.
    Entry fee for the $555 is $6 and pays a ticket for the winner. Entry fee for the $150 is $5 and pays a ticket to first and second place. While some will find the entry fee steep for a satellite and the majority will not win, in the end we will have forum members competing in contests that many can’t enter. In addition we will be able to root on some members in what could be a great sweat for some big money. Finally, if you don’t think you can win, you are wrong. The aforementioned Happy Meal contest has had a different winner each week and has similar participant as these satellite contests.
    IMPORTANT
    Some of these contests are set up as multi entry and you can multi enter immediately.
    Hopefully we can have some fun with this and we see the winners do well at the Masters increasing there bankroll or even hitting a big payday! Questions, fire away. Thanks

• MotownGreek

@Cooper08 said...

In order to compete you must be a member of the RotoGrinders Golf Forum League. If you would like to be added just ask.

Might not play every week like some of you, but still interested in joining. DK name is same as on here.

• cjousma

@sfguy21 said...

This has probably been asked previous weeks, but what are some of your favorite contests here. I’m running with 8 teams and a fairly limited bankroll ($60-70) and want to deploy that money wisely. Outside of the 2 Milly tickets I have I don’t think it makes sense to enter and higher priced contest and the low $ entries dont seem to have the best payout structures.

My general rule is to never have more than 10% of my bankroll in any given tournament. My bankroll is similar to yours I have $64 in my account right now. We’re ballers right. So with that rule I either single bullet into the $6 Caddie (Single Entry) or throw a lineup or 2 in the $3 Hybrid (3 Max entry) if I want to GPP or I like the $5 Single Entry Double Up as well.

This week I have a single bullet in the $3 Hybrid, $1 Happy Meal. Then 4 lineups using 25 cent tickets into the SuperSat to Fantasy BBall Millionaire.

• timusbr

@al0e_neill said...

Had a friend do a golf stat project in college for a Sports Statistics class, and FWIW, her results found that the best predictor of long term success is: 1. Driving Distance; 2. Player Height; 3. Early Scoring

I wish I had a chance for a class like this in college. Instead I took a plain old statistics class. Thank god it was an open book final, I could never remember all the formulas without mistakes. I did do something similar on a sociology class on population growth measuring the results of past growth and predicting what will happen to future growth. ..LOL I passed but my paper in retrospect was garbage. This info, no offense to the student or the poster, reminds me of students drawing conclusions. DD is the no brainer, everyone in golf has been saying this for many years. The other stuff LOL, I am sure the conclusions are supported by data, but bigger stronger faster is an evolutionary constant. and getting a good jump consistently always helps in the long run. Again no offense to the post, It just reminded me of needing to finish my paper and drawing conclusions for that paper in college. Yes I am bored, done and waiting for Thursday morning

• sfguy21

@cjousma said...

My general rule is to never have more than 10% of my bankroll in any given tournament. My bankroll is similar to yours I have $64 in my account right now. We’re ballers right. So with that rule I either single bullet into the $6 Caddie (Single Entry) or throw a lineup or 2 in the $3 Hybrid (3 Max entry) if I want to GPP or I like the $5 Single Entry Double Up as well.

This week I have a single bullet in the $3 Hybrid, $1 Happy Meal. Then 4 lineups using 25 cent tickets into the SuperSat to Fantasy BBall Millionaire.

Happy to see there’s another high roller in the building. Thanks for the feedback.

I’m about to be traveling a bit, so probably going to take 4 weeks off so I’m just going to throw the whole bankroll out there and hope for the best.

I’m in the $6 single and have 3 in the Hybrid as well. The rest I put on the single $12 and a few double ups. Fingers majorly crossed for either a Rickie or DJ win and a decent showing from Webb and Matt Fitz.

• timusbr

@MotownGreek said...

Might not play every week like some of you, but still interested in joining. DK name is same as on here.

sent

here is a link to the league lobby
    https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/dfh3qbq8/contests/upcoming
    if this is working properly, I believe If you click on the link, your registered as a league member. (not positive but..)

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Finally got the day off the day before the golf tournament and I am researching the hell out of who to put in. I actually started to watch some of the tournaments last year too that helped a bit.Hopefully we won’t have too many withdrawals this weekend. That’s what was killing me for the last two weeks. I could have had probably $300 had Leishman or whatever his name is had not withdrawn. Luckily last year when I was contankering with golf on FanDuel, I got a sense of who was good and who was bad. That’s why I started off playing the $0.25 games last year to get a feel for things. Let’s just pray I don’t have someone withdrawing right before or during the tournament.

• MrBreeze

Did anyone post a Mayo link? sorry if I missed it

• ejamiec

here is the Pat Mayo contest link for the PGA – 100k in prizes

• lfn1992

@timusbr said...

Hey is this the first week we get a mini survivor contest for showdown?
    the first ones available were $100 entry fee but now we got an $11 entry fee…….WOO HOO. Im in

Me, I’m in

• MrBreeze

Locked and loaded!

Have an event at the Naval Academy this evening and will be too dead dog tired to fool with golf dfs when I finally get home (no tinkering)

entered 15 entries in the $4 Fore and .25 JukeBox, and stayed away from the Milly.

Reminder: 6:45AM Tee off

• MrBreeze

@ejamiec said...

here is the Pat Mayo contest link for the PGA – 100k in prizes

Thanks!

about 400 spots left just in case anyone else is considering it

• NDNole

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Molinari’s ownership projections went DOWN overnight to 5.8%.

This is mind-numbingly baffling. You don’t even have to play scrubs to be different. Just play the guy who won a major in the last year and was the R4 leader at the Masters. Stlcards even listed him as a “fade” in his video.

Heavy Molinari it is.

If moli is under 6% im throwing caution to the wind. I cant believe he will be that low owned. You think so?

• nicholasmarsh

@DaBum2012 said...

Let’s just pray I don’t have someone withdrawing right before or during the tournament.

Would have to be something serious to WD from a Major. Even then, you would hope that they would do the classy thing like JT did and WD early enough so an alternate can play.

EDIT: I believe some of the WD last week were due to the PGA Championship being this week. You’ll have that for most tournaments right before a Major. That’s just my opinion; I may be right or wrong…

>>

I researched the hell out of PGA last year. It was fun, but didn’t help all that much. I am much happier and somewhat more successful this year playing one lineup that is usually the first lineup I put in (i.e., the placeholder). Just be careful what you’re looking at when it comes to your research and for God sakes…DO NOT TINKER!

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@NDNole said...

If moli is under 6% im throwing caution to the wind. I cant believe he will be that low owned. You think so?

If you look at the consensus ranking for the RG “experts” only one person ranked him and he is 8 out of 8.

It’s one of those stat model can’t tell you everything kind of plays. I expect him to be under 10% and I will be hammering him.

• nicholasmarsh

@nicholasmarsh said...

DO NOT TINKER!

Me realizing @DaBum2012 is a 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• Pbasniper

Time for our favorite forum game, the random milly lineup chosen by you the reader! For the sake of having a slim chance of getting a 6/6 I’ve removed all PGA Pros from my list leaving us with 136 golfers, I’ve randomized my list and numbered each golfer. I need a reply with 6 random numbers between 1-136 and we will make a lineup for the milly. If the lineup goes over salary cap we will take the highest priced golfer and move down to the next salary that allows us to fit into the cap. First reply will be the numbers I use, thanks.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@Pbasniper said...

Time for our favorite forum game, the random milly lineup chosen by you the reader! For the sake of having a slim chance of getting a 6/6 I’ve removed all PGA Pros from my list leaving us with 136 golfers, I’ve randomized my list and numbered each golfer. I need a reply with 6 random numbers between 1-136 and we will make a lineup for the milly. If the lineup goes over salary cap we will take the highest priced golfer and move down to the next salary that allows us to fit into the cap. First reply will be the numbers I use, thanks.

4 8 15 16 23 42

haha

• nicholasmarsh

@kbarnhill7523 said...

4 8 15 16 23 42

haha

Now that’s a solid lineup, right there! I love 16’s Driving Accuracy… Har-har

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).