1 pm – 7 pm on TNT

Saturday & Sunday,
    11am – 2pm on TNT
    2pm – 7pm on CBS

Live Streaming at PGAChampionship.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@kbarnhill7523 said...

His last 3 majors are win, 2nd and 6th.

I just dont know why you wouldn’t play him. Pricing in DK golf is easily the least efficient of all pricing so you can get him and whoever else you would want pretty easily within reason.

I think the tout industry is suffering from crazy group think syndrome. Why would you not play Tiger this week? If you are a stat guy he is one of the top overall plays. If you are a form guy he is one of the best overall play. Oh yeah, hes also won a major on this course before.

I’m 30% and wondering if I should ditch DJ for more.

Do what I did, do a handful of lineups with Woods, DJ, and Koepka, and add the ones you think will do good to back them up. I kinda mix and match the expensive golfers. I don’t like group think myself and learned my lesson last season listening to some of the folks up here. Now I do my own thing and have gotten better at golf somewhat. The only exception was the last two weeks when we had all of them unexpected withdrawals. I did do descent at the Masters winning $275.

• sfguy21

@Dunzor said...

I’m not saying he’s gonna fail and miss the cut or anything, but he’s always overowned for his actual results. I’d like him more in the low 8ks, but for my 9k+ guys I want a bunch of big event win equity and recently Fleetwood’s been more of a consistency, Top25 cash game style safe play and I like a few of the other guys at his price point a lot more for gpps

Fair enough. Thanks.

• Hyak420

@BIF said...

I have a dilemma – locked in 5 guys on my big ticket lineup for the $3180 entry and am stuck on the 6th guy; originally had Oosty but have since toggled to Garcia – both are great drivers of the golf ball but both also kinda scare me as both occasionally go full IDGAF when things are not going well.

Louis projected to be way lower owned but that doesn’t matter in a 347 entry contest and those projections can sometimes be reversed in a small GPP.

Louis also has that overhanging WD risk if his bed doesn’t arrive or if he has a bad sleep. The NYC fans took Sergio from being the 2002 Bethpage darling to being the main target of a 2009 heckle show so I’m worried how he gets treated especially if he gets a Saturday tee time with Tiger and/or Brooks.

You’re much smarter than me at this but if you’re going to go 50/50 on both players emotions, might as well save $1000 and jump aboard the death train…lol.

• BIF

@Dunzor said...

I think Oosty is too big a risk and inconsistent to use him in that size contest. I think Sergio is a solid choice but he’s gonna be very popular so it kinda depends on how chalky the rest of the lineup already is. If you need a bit more leverage on the field then I like Woodland and Scott more, both of whom were top 5 last time an event was played at Bethpage

Think I’m sticking with Sergio unless I decide to re-build the lineup entirely.

I don’t have the stones to roll out a $3180 lineup with Adam Scott after all the short putts he has missed. I like his ball striking and know putting is not as important here but can’t play him at this price point; he’ll probably make a $555 or $150 lineup for sure.

• BIF

@Hyak420 said...

You’re much smarter than me at this but if you’re going to go 50/50 on both players emotions, might as well save $1000 and jump aboard the death train…lol.

I’ll probably have him on a couple Milly lineups but not sure I want that ride on anything higher

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Hopefully we can gain some momentum
    Satellites Are Back Satellites Are Back
    For those of you who participated in the forum last year you may remember that we had a few satellite contests amongst the forum members which won you entry into bigger prized pool contests with fewer participants. Thanks to the DK community team we are able to bring these back this year. The plan is to have these satellite contests for the majors so you can use in the following major. Our ability to continue to receive these satellite contests will hinge on our ability to fill them.
    In order to compete you must be a member of the RotoGrinders Golf Forum League. If you would like to be added just ask. This will also give you access to play in the weekly Happy Meal contest along with the beat the forum H2H contests, both setup by Timusbr.
    This week for the PGA Championship we will be competing for tickets to be used for the US Open. The first satellite is for the $555 contest at the US Open. Last year this was a $444 contest with a prize pool of $750,000. I would imagine the prize pool this year to be around $800,000. The second satellite is for the $150 three max contest at the US Open. Last year the prize pool for this contest was $200,000. Both of these contests had less than 2,000 participants last year which is much better than competing against over 100,000 for a nice prize pool. We will also ha e satellite contests for the $75 3Max and $33 Single Entry.
    Entry fee for the $555 is $6 and pays a ticket for the winner. Entry fee for the $150 is $5 and pays a ticket to first and second place. While some will find the entry fee steep for a satellite and the majority will not win, in the end we will have forum members competing in contests that many can’t enter. In addition we will be able to root on some members in what could be a great sweat for some big money. Finally, if you don’t think you can win, you are wrong. The aforementioned Happy Meal contest has had a different winner each week and has similar participant as these satellite contests.
    IMPORTANT
    Some of these contests are set up as multi entry and you can multi enter immediately.
    Hopefully we can have some fun with this and we see the winners do well at the Masters increasing there bankroll or even hitting a big payday! Questions, fire away. Thanks

• mr_papageorgio

Anyone know if Benny’s neck is ok?

• Hyak420

@Cooper08 said...

Satellites Are Back Satellites Are Back

Thanks again Coop for getting these going! Let’s get these filled so that everyone has a chance at a ticket in the future.

Using the $150 ticket from the Masters satty, normally wouldn’t enter this tourney so it is a nice extra perk from the league.

• BrianVT

@BIF said...

Think I had $8100 left

Definitely a close call between those two, but don’t forget Bubba at $8k!

• DaBum2012

@mr_papageorgio said...

Anyone know if Benny’s neck is ok?

I think he was BS’ing the injury in my opinion because it wasn’t bothering him that much until midway through the 4th round when he began boggying like crazy and needed a BS reason to WD. Then a day after the tournament the GTD only lasted a few hours on FanDuel before he miraculously healed. I know because I had bought into the following week’s PGA tour event and saw the GTD disappear really quick. I think he was just embarrassed playing the way he was and gave up. He’s fine now unless he’s keeping his injury a secret until past the 11th hour like Leishman did when it was too late to scrap the guy, lol!

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Definitely a close call between those two, but don’t forget Bubba at $8k!

Another guy who is tough to pull the trigger on for big $ entries – that range is full of guys who can win or Top 5 but all screw you over with an IDGAF MC. I like a lot of them but at lower entry price points.

• Hyak420

@BIF said...

I’ll probably have him on a couple Milly lineups but not sure I want that ride on anything higher

Agreed, I had him in my initial LU but changed it up. He’s from WA which has similar conditions this time of year but this course will be a beast with the length and rough.

In retrospect, I think this is the first trainwreck posting in 21 pages..lol

• BrianVT

@BIF said...

Another guy who is tough to pull the trigger on for big $ entries – that range is full of guys who can win or Top 5 but all screw you over with an IDGAF MC. I like a lot of them but at lower entry price points.

His wife is so low maintenance, though – a lot easier to focus on the job at hand.

• timusbr

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Why would you not play Tiger this week?

simply put – SALARY

• TJBIV8

@TJBIV8 said...

Does it bother anyone Tiger did not show up to the course today?

Anyone? I have Tiger in my one $555

• TJBIV8

@timusbr said...

simply put – SALARY

And he didn’t show up today after making clear playing 9 today was part of the prep plan

• monarch

How important is bogey avoidance to everyone this week and is there such a stat as Par 4 bogey avoidance?

• heaterball

I’ve read its a key stat.

• DaBum2012

@TJBIV8 said...

Does it bother anyone Tiger did not show up to the course today?

I think the reason why he didn’t show up is because he just found out today that he’s being sued by the family of a bartender for their son’s death and this is why he wasn’t there. Tiger Woods owns a restaurant and this bartender had marijuana and alcohol in him when he got into a fatal car crash. It was later found out that his restaurant kept on serving this guy alcohol way past the point of him being drunk and they knew that their coworker had a very bad alcohol problem. I guess he didn’t want to deal with the press over the suit. It doesn’t bother me-I don’t think it’s injury related. He is at the course though. Hopefully he doesn’t WD over this even though I don’t think he is. It’s not his fault the bartender came in high and drunk and drove home killing himself. As a bartender, he should have known better.
    https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/bartender-whose-family-is-suing-tiger-woods-had-thc-in-system-during-fatal-crash/

• monarch

@heaterball said...

I’ve read its a key stat.

Webb, Cantlay and Fleetwood are T10 bogey avoidance guys and show up in Majors. Likely my three man core.

• TJBIV8

@DaBum2012 said...

I think the reason why he didn’t show up is because he just found out today that he’s being sued by the family of a bartender for their son’s death and this is why he wasn’t there. Tiger Woods owns a restaurant and this bartender had marijuana and alcohol in him when he got into a fatal car crash. It was later found out that his restaurant kept on serving this guy alcohol way past the point of him being drunk and they knew that their coworker had a very bad alcohol problem. I guess he didn’t want to deal with the press over the suit.

Yea not sure about that, but maybe so. I cannot imagine he only found yesterday about the suit

• heaterball

He was asked about it Tuesday and gave a answer. The accident happened a while ago. I’m sure he feels bad about what happened to the guy, but lets be real. Only one person is responsible for that guy’s death, that is the person who got behind the wheel and turned the key.

• byo34

@DaBum2012 said...

I think the reason why he didn’t show up is because he just found out today that he’s being sued by the family of a bartender for their son’s death and this is why he wasn’t there. Tiger Woods owns a restaurant and this bartender had marijuana and alcohol in him when he got into a fatal car crash. It was later found out that his restaurant kept on serving this guy alcohol way past the point of him being drunk and they knew that their coworker had a very bad alcohol problem. I guess he didn’t want to deal with the press over the suit. It doesn’t bother me-I don’t think it’s injury related.

I find it hard to believe I found out before Tiger.

• TJBIV8

@byo34 said...

I find it hard to believe I found out before Tiger.

Yea I saw a lot of this excuse on Twitter about him finding out about he lawsuit. Not to be too much of a smartass… they think he’s holed with his lawyers game planning for the pending suit? I mean

• fsupete01

@BIF said...

Think I’m sticking with Sergio unless I decide to re-build the lineup entirely.

I don’t have the stones to roll out a $3180 lineup with Adam Scott after all the short putts he has missed. I like his ball striking and know putting is not as important here but can’t play him at this price point; he’ll probably make a $555 or $150 lineup for sure.

Do you have enough $$ for Watson?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).