1 pm – 7 pm on TNT

Saturday & Sunday,
    11am – 2pm on TNT
    2pm – 7pm on CBS

Live Streaming at PGAChampionship.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• BrianVT

@byo34 said...

I like Vegas at 7100. Only issue I see is his accuracy off the tee.

Some of these guys are confusing to look at – I penciled in Vegas due to his SG:OTT (as well as some other areas), but then see his DA is not great. His distance must really save him on SG:OTT, or else he just “misses” in good places – also evident by his great GIR. Somehow that all shakes out to great OTT, which works for me. Also depends on how far back we’re going.

• BIF

DK added the last of the players/salaries

Ryan Moore – $7,400
    Sung Kang – $7,200
    Joaquin Niemann – $6,500
    Richy Werenski – $6,200
    Bronson Burgoon – $6,100

• byo34

Doesn’t look like DK is offering daily incentives like the last Major. The ones like if Tiger beats Phil you get 200 crowns ect..

At least not yet.

• smallANDflaccid

Have they said anywhere yet how the course setup this year will vary from the Barclays (‘12 and ’16)?

Like would that be easier than this year? What makes it easier? Shorter rough? Diff pin placement? No landmines?

• dangasin

@smallANDflaccid said...

Have they said anywhere yet how the course setup this year will vary from the Barclays (‘12 and ’16)?

Like would that be easier than this year? What makes it easier? Shorter rough? Diff pin placement? No landmines?

Completely different season too. Makes comparisons trickier. I imagine they would aim to make it more difficult than the barclays though.

Longer rough, and also they will perform a wind dance for some 20+mph gusts

• timusbr

consider me Noise for the week.
    My normal prep is not so easy. Course History isnt found on Tournament sheets.
    Bethpage black was host to US Open 2002, 2009 and Barclays in 2012, 2016. LOL 2002 could be a bit too far back. If I remember right several years ago we had stories about the “stash” and how he grew up in the area and snuck onto the course to play for free. I dont think he did that well in 2016. I read somewhere that PGA of America wants a tough course and rough is thick. I believe this is the type of event/ golf course that BIF is good at. I wish him and everyone else good LUCK. Bring home All the monies guys. What BIF say’s is going to be gospel to me. LOL no club pro’s in my LU’s.

edit, was talking to some acquaintances from the NYC area and they were well aware of the tournament taking place. I think the Tiger phenomenon will be in peak form. The cream of the crop in New York sportsfandom should be out in full force. So if I was Rahms dog, I would be nervous.

• sfguy21

@timusbr said...

So if I was Rahms dog, I would be nervous.

Explain this one to me please

• BrianVT

@timusbr said...

So if I was Rahms dog, I would be nervous.

Very good point that I hadn’t considered yet.

• BrianVT

@sfguy21 said...

When Rham loses his temper, watch out.

And New Yorkers like to poke people like that in the chest all day to make sure it happens.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@timusbr said...

My normal prep is not so easy. Course History isnt found on Tournament sheets.
    Bethpage black was host to US Open 2002, 2009 and Barclays in 2012, 2016. LOL 2002 could be a bit too far back. If I remember right several years ago we had stories about the “stash” and how he grew up in the area and snuck onto the course to play for free. I dont think he did that well in 2016. I read somewhere that PGA of America wants a tough course and rough is thick. I believe this is the type of event/ golf course that BIF is good at. I wish him and everyone else good LUCK. Bring home All the monies guys. What BIF say’s is going to be gospel to me. LOL no club pro’s in my LU’s.

Honestly all the majors are about (at least in terms of fantasy) is having the right pool of under $7k guys so you can fit 4-5 world class players in.

At the Masters for $6700 or less on DK you had Hoffman, Stanley, Kisner, Wise, Bjerrgard and Harding.

If you had those guys chances are you fared pretty well. If you want Tiger this week (and you definitely do), just spend time researching the under 7k guys and find a pool of 6-8 that you like.

• lfn1992

New York fans are the worst. There will be a lot of yelling and the guys playing with Tiger are going to have to put up with a lot of shit. Be forewarned.

• timusbr

@sfguy21 said...

its a forum Joke but basicly not all crowd interaction is good. Rahm has had a bit of history where he has rabbit ears and reacts. I believe that NYC, the Brooklynites and Bronxers are some of the most opinionated people in the world. They will say anything and see if they get a rise out of people. Not to say Chicagoans dont have the same type. We have better Pizza, the true art of making Hot Dogs and a better Football team.

consider me noise SFguy

• lfn1992

@timusbr said...

We have better Pizza, the true art of making Hot Dogs and a better Football team

• timusbr

@BrianVT said...

When Rham loses his temper, watch out.

And New Yorkers like to poke people like that in the chest all day to make sure it happens.

It has been some time since I have seen a negative blow up. I also remember a recent time he had a euro friend as a member of the same group and he turned the emotion to making birdies. So jury is out on that conclusion.

• Kp24

I like Cantlay….don’t love him on a course with a lot of bunkers. I just have flashbacks to his pretty poor overall bunker play. He has improved i think but it’s definitely a concern I think.

• BrianVT

@kbarnhill7523 said...

If you had those guys chances are you fared pretty well. If you want Tiger this week (and you definitely do), just spend time researching the under 7k guys and find a pool of 6-8 that you like.

But then the 2nd hard part is deciding which of those to just sprinkle in a little bit of, and which to really go big on. I’ve found that throwing in a couple guys at 5% or less never really helps me enough even if they do well, but going big on somebody who ends up a landmine is devastating. Such is the tricky nature of golf DFS, I guess.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Throwing this out there for the EURO guys…. why is Jorge Campillo #1 in my model?

He is a little more expensive then I would like. I see he has five top 3s in his last 7 EURO/World events and I have an adjusted metric that I use that has his score in between Brooks Koepka and Rory McIlroy but his field strength is like 33% less than them obviously.

• BrianVT

@timusbr said...

It has been some time since I have seen a negative blow up. I also remember a recent time he had a euro friend as a member of the same group and he turned the emotion to making birdies. So jury is out on that conclusion.

Yea, I’d say within the last year, he has gotten much better. Maybe started talking to some sports psychologists or doing some meditation or something.

• sfguy21

@Kp24 said...

I like Cantlay….don’t love him on a course with a lot of bunkers. I just have flashbacks to his pretty poor overall bunker play. He has improved i think but it’s definitely a concern I think.

Thanks for the reminder on this. I’m high on Cantlay this week but have been bitten by the same issue before when going heavy on him.

• MrBreeze

Not touching the Milly Maker, 20 Bucks is too steep for a lousy ROI, will be looking for value elsewhere, like the $12 Albatross.

Shaking out the under 7200 golfers right now, lots of stuff to run through, hope to have a player pool by tomorrow night.

• NDNole

scott piercy so low I have to put him in one. Probably wrong but he hits what im looking for.

• NDNole

@MrBreeze said...

Not touching the Milly Maker, 20 Bucks is too steep for a lousy ROI, will be looking for value elsewhere, like the $12 Albatross.

Shaking out the under 7200 golfers right now, lots of stuff to run through, hope to have a player pool by tomorrow night.

For me its scott piercy and keith Mitchell.

• timusbr

@kbarnhill7523 said...

why is Jorge Campillo #1 in my model?

I say caution here on Jorge.
    reason – although his performances have been great recently on the euro tour. I would point to the strength of field. He was either the highest or top 5 in salaries his recent weeks. Tournament sheets has him ranked 89th.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Just to get a more “accurate” reading of what to look for, using 2 years of data to see who has regressed and who is trending upward. Then we have the “steady” guys. Kind of wish I had a model for time saving purposes but not messing with that now. Pen and paper for life! LOL

• lfn1992

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Throwing this out there for the EURO guys…. why is Jorge Campillo #1 in my model?

He is a little more expensive then I would like. I see he has five top 3s in his last 7 EURO/World events and I have an adjusted metric that I use that has his score in between Brooks Koepka and Rory McIlroy but his field strength is like 33% less than them obviously.

Good: Campillo has been red-hot on the EURO Tour lately, winning his first-ever event (the tricky Trophee Hassan II) and also doing pretty damned well in the Volvo China Open. He’s always been a good ball-striker and he’s improved in this area in the last few months.

Bad: He’s never demonstrated that he’s been up to the level of the PGA Championships in terms of skill set. He’s always been many steps behind Rahmbo and Sergio in terms of Spanish golfers, and though he’s closed the gap he still doesn’t seem like he’s at their level.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).