1 pm – 7 pm on TNT

Saturday & Sunday,
    11am – 2pm on TNT
    2pm – 7pm on CBS

Live Streaming at PGAChampionship.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• starstx

@Cooper08 said...

Satellites Are Back Satellites Are Back

For those of you who participated in the forum last year you may remember that we had a few satellite contests amongst the forum members which won you entry into bigger prized pool contests with fewer participants. Thanks to the DK community team we are able to bring these back this year. The plan is to have these satellite contests for the majors so you can use in the following major. Our ability to continue to receive these satellite contests will hinge on our ability to fill them.

In order to compete you must be a member of the RotoGrinders Golf Forum League. If you would like to be added just ask. This will also give you access to play in the weekly Happy Meal contest along with the beat the forum H2H contests, both setup by Timusbr.

This week for the PGA Championship we will be competing for tickets to be used for the US Open. The first satellite is for the $555 contest at the US Open. Last year this was a $444 contest with a prize pool of $750,000. I would imagine the prize pool this year to be around $800,000. The second satellite is for the $150 three max contest at the US Open. Last year the prize pool for this contest was $200,000. Both of these contests had less than 2,000 participants last year which is much better than competing against over 100,000 for a nice prize pool. We will also ha e satellite contests for the $75 3Max and $33 Single Entry.

Entry fee for the $555 is $6 and pays a ticket for the winner. Entry fee for the $150 is $5 and pays a ticket to first and second place. While some will find the entry fee steep for a satellite and the majority will not win, in the end we will have forum members competing in contests that many can’t enter. In addition we will be able to root on some members in what could be a great sweat for some big money. Finally, if you don’t think you can win, you are wrong. The aforementioned Happy Meal contest has had a different winner each week and has similar participant as these satellite contests.

IMPORTANT
    Some of these contests are set up as multi entry and you can multi enter immediately.

Hopefully we can have some fun with this and we see the winners do well at the Masters increasing there bankroll or even hitting a big payday! Questions, fire away. Thanks

Cooper … Please send ne an invite to the league … time to get in on this action

• spx333

• x2

2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@BrianVT said...

Any alternate for JT WD?

kraft

• Giez

@hautalak said...

I think it’s very -EV if you choose 2 sub 7k players imo.

Piercy going to be fairly high owned I’m guessing sub $7k. A couple others in that range worth a shot, but I don’t really want 2 on my bullet…

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Giez said...

Piercy going to be fairly high owned I’m guessing sub $7k. A couple others in that range worth a shot, but I don’t really want 2 on my bullet…

Weird it quoted me as I was wanting a friendly against NoLimits where I take 2 sub 7K guys.

I still think there is a lot to like is the 6.5K+ range.

• BIF

@NoLimits0 said...

Actually the better example from the Masters isn’t Tiger. It’s DJ. The overwhelming majority of top lineups did not have DJ, despite finishing 2nd. DJ was the 2nd highest price so the problem with choosing him is you had to choose multiple scrubs right while also bypassing some mid range plays (Brooks Xander Moli) so that’s why DJ did not show up in many top MM Masters lineups.

Just catching up on the forum as I played golf tonight so excuse me if someone else said the same thing – if I recall correctly, the real problem with DJ was not his price, it was the fact that he barely made any birdies until the final round and was not a good fantasy scorer. When you pay up for DJ, you are paying for fantasy points and at the Masters that means 4 birds and an Eagle each day (or multiple Eagles like he has done a few times).

• BIF

@Felixxberg said...

DJ also finished 3rd in last year’s US Open, yet he wasn’t in the winning lineup.

That’s because you needed Brooks and Fleetwood and with those two, you could not add playing DJ and 3 meaningful needed scrubs where that would beat the top lineups.

• dbullsfan

I think someone might have mentioned him earlier, but Matt Wallace seems insanely mispriced. He is 31st in the OWGR and is $6700. Haven’t listened to any of the pods or industry chatter today but hope he doesn’t get talked up too much.

• MrBreeze

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Here’s my obligatory NSFW post of the week. If you don’t follow this guy on Twitter, you should. Great golf humor.

https://twitter.com/ClubProGuy/status/1127942536390160384

Ok TYVM, that was stupendous ….following

• BIF

@spx333 said...

kraft

Lovely – just f’n lovely.

I would have rather had Tony Romo than KFK !

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@dbullsfan said...

I think someone might have mentioned him earlier, but Matt Wallace seems insanely mispriced. He is 31st in the OWGR and is $6700. Haven’t listened to any of the pods or industry chatter today but hope he doesn’t get talked up too much.

Wallace is one of the guys I’m looking at. Good showing at the Players and almost won British Masters this last week.

• BIF

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Wallace is one of the guys I’m looking at. Good showing at the Players and almost won British Masters this last week.

No concerns about a short week and travel across the pond to get here ?

• lemke086

I don’t have much time for research nor do I have much br so I’m going to play a pretty balanced cash lu and just try to double up.

I thought of this narrative though to throw into some GPPs and just see what happens… so I work at the post office delivering mail and noticed that I have a few customers with the same last name as golfers. I went through and made a player pool of those golfers who’s last name matched my customers last name. Here’s what I’ve got: Woods, Johnson(×2 so that matches too), Reed, Garcia, Smith, Perez, Walker, Holmes, Glover, Lewis, Herbert. I can’t do any worse than I did at the masters and I can make a pretty decent lu with those 12 guys. Let’s not forget this is supposed to be fun…. right?

• BIF

Anybody seen this ?
    Pepperell pranks Matt Wallace

https://twitter.com/mattsjwallace/status/1127956019341090817?s=21

• sfguy21

@lemke086 said...

I thought of this narrative though to throw into some GPPs and just see what happens… so I work at the post office delivering mail and noticed that I have a few customers with the same last name as golfers. I went through and made a player pool of those golfers who’s last name matched my customers last name. Here’s what I’ve got: Woods, Johnson(×2 so that matches too), Reed, Garcia, Smith, Perez, Walker, Holmes, Glover, Lewis, Herbert. I can’t do any worse than I did at the masters and I can make a pretty decent lu with those 12 guys. Let’s not forget this is supposed to be fun…. right?

Are you telling me you dont have a Bjerregaard, Aphibarnrat or Janewattananond on your route?

• BIF

Bubba was funny today as well taking a shot at Phil’s “hitting bombs” video at Augusta with his own “glutes” video

https://twitter.com/bubbawatson/status/1127992443985485824?s=21

• BIF

For those on Keith Mitchell, he just arrived in NY tonight and has never played Bethpage before (other than on XBox).

https://twitter.com/k_m_mitchell/status/1128056337445920770?s=21

Hopefully weather is better than forecasted on Tuesday or else he may not see it until Wednesday.

• BIF

Piercy’s bogey free tournament this past week was only the 3rd time in the last 50 years that someone played a 72 hole tourney bogey-free !

Lee Trevino did it and Won in the 70’s then Charles Howell did it in 2010 at Greenbrier and finished T9 – apparently he was quite a few birdies shy (9th and bogey free for 72 holes 😂).

• byo34

If driving accuracy is key here then Grillo is lookin real good at 7100.. Need to make a stand there so I’m between him and Vegas. Might be coin flipping time.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@mailnurs said...

what a joke. family trying to cash in off someone being dumb. blame the bartender not the dude who kept asking for drinks with no plan to get home

You’ve never been really drunk, have you?

• 1UPonSmileyK

Could Cooper/someone send me a link to the Golf Forum League? I would like to help fill up the sattys for the forum. Thanks in advance.

• 1UPonSmileyK

When is IAN gonna get some RESPECT? Boxed between Kisner and Bradley, what a joke! The man has been Mr. Consistency this year and after his performance at the Masters his price point continually baffles me.

• lemke086

Are you telling me you dont have a Bjerregaard, Aphibarnrat or Janewattananond on your route?

Lol I really had to look closely for them. Thinking maybe they just moved in somewhere. I did laugh when I saw Janewattananond in the field thinking “well I’m not playing that guy”

Oops forgot to quote… it’s early.

• MrBreeze

@lemke086 said...

speaking of golfer names, I have a kid that works for me and his name is Grayson , for the life of me I can not stop writing GM or Grayson Murray down when doing paperwork, was making the schedule and saw “GM” on the calendar and said to myself, who the hell is that? I play way too much golf dfs apparently lol

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@BIF said...

No concerns about a short week and travel across the pond to get here ?

the flight from England to NYC is like 6 hours, basically the same as going from NY to LA.

Time change maybe, but the EURO guys are going to like China and Africa all the time so I’m not worried about it.

• kdsdawg

@thedude404 said...

You’ve never been really drunk, have you?

of course we have but we live in the day and age of people playing the victim card…blame everybody else for their own stupidity

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).