PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: June 13-16

Where: Pebble Beach, Ca

Course: Pebble Beach GC | A par 71 playing at some stupid yardage with thick rough up to your knees knowing the USGA

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at +1

Last Year’s Cut: +8 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Fox | FS1, Streaming: FoxSportsGo App | USOpen.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mitchsnyderdfw

@hautalak said...

Ok I’ve been waiting for this…

Winner – Phil
    Fades – Fleetwood, Mats, DeCham, Finau, and Woodland
    Sleeper – Kaymer (does he count?); if not Willet

This…

Except I do have a sprinkling of golf course Jesus

• blue

Dufner ownership?

• hautalak

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

This…

Except I do have a sprinkling of golf course Jesus

Let’s do the damn thing!

• yellowdart24

Would you guys rather play a contest that has 5 entry max for a total of say $60. Or would you rather play a contest that has 3 entry max for a total of say $81? Or does it matter?

• hautalak

@yellowdart24 said...

Would you guys rather play a contest that has 5 entry max for a total of say $60. Or would you rather play a contest that has 3 entry max for a total of say $81? Or does it matter?

Depends on the structure but I’m not sure 5 entry vs 3 makes that much of a difference IMO.

• nicholasmarsh

@yellowdart24 said...

The $8 ×5 is $40 so that’s what I did as opposed to the $27 ×3. I was hoping for a $20 ×3 though. No such luck…

EDIT: The $27 ×3 certainly has a better total payout. Hm…

• Pats7914

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

I want to hear from the people dumb enough to pay 1.25 markup for entries in this, but they cannot be competent enough to turn on a computer. I couldn’t live with myself for raping players like that, but to each their own.

• Pbasniper

@yellowdart24 said...

If on the fence I’d look at overall rake and % of field paid our and top 10 pay out % etc.

• lfn1992

Am I really going to be putting Mike Weir in my player pool this week? Right now, he’s in there.

• lfn1992

@yellowdart24 said...

I’d rather put 20 $3 entries in a massive contest, 20 chances at a massive prize. This is actually how the 20 max is structured this week.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

Thoughts on Leishman anyone?

Feast or famine and no in between – either a Top 5 or a MC

Last year I had him nailed – this year all I get are MC’s and his one glorious post-lock WD

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

90 lineups in, lets see if I can keep myself from tinkering the rest of the day.

47% Webb, 43% Cantlay highest owned
    JT, Scott, and Mats all over 30% Fleetwood and Sneds barely under 30%
    Tiger, Rickie, Sabbs and Hatton only others over 20% with Na just barely under.

Fades of Brooks, Spieth, Rose, Rahm, Molinari, and Xander at the top, what could possibly go wrong

• BrianVT

I’m starting to worry about the Kuchar chalk being a trap again this week. His price is so hard to ignore, though. Could end-up being a good fade, or else you need like 35-40% of him to make it worth it if he’s on.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@BrianVT said...

I’m starting to worry about the Kuchar chalk being a trap again this week. His price is so hard to ignore, though. Could end-up being a good fade, or else you need like 35-40% of him to make it worth it if he’s on.

His around the green hasn’t been very good lately, I originally had like 25% and ended up dropping it to around 10

• TrustinthePlan

@BrianVT said...

I am in the same boat. I got myself down to only 10% of him right now. I pivoted off him towards Casey and Scott or spent up for Day in many lineups.

• BrianVT

@dbullsfan said...

His around the green hasn’t been very good lately, I originally had like 25% and ended up dropping it to around 10

But having 10% would mean I’d have to nail the rest of my core just right in order to compete with the rest of the field being at 19%. I think he’s one where if I’m not comfortable matching or exceeding the field, then should probably just fade. Maybe I’m over thinking it

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@lfn1992 said...

Am I really going to be putting Mike Weir in my player pool this week? Right now, he’s in there.

I don’t mind doing the 5 max entry things because #1 less people to play against, #2 it makes you think even harder as to who to put in, and #3 your more likely to win something because these 5 max games are the ones where folks dump their OK but not the best lineups and it’s easier to cash.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@BrianVT said...

I wouldn’t either. I thought about it, but after seeing a lot of golf news on the major sports outlets, they said he does horribly at these types of courses. Then again, you’re listening to me that is somewhat ok at golf DFS and not the best player and to someone who put Phil Mickelson on a handful of lineups even though he’s in a slump right now, lol!

• Brandon6385

Best $7k option? ZJ, Glover, (terrrrrrible US OPEN record) Bradley, Pieters, Piercy, An, Reavie, soooo many options!….

• HunkerToe

@dbullsfan said...

90 lineups in, lets see if I can keep myself from tinkering the rest of the day.

47% Webb, 43% Cantlay highest owned
    JT, Scott, and Mats all over 30% Fleetwood and Sneds barely under 30%
    Tiger, Rickie, Sabbs and Hatton only others over 20% with Na just barely under.

Fades of Brooks, Spieth, Rose, Rahm, Molinari, and Xander at the top, what could possibly go wrong

Holy crap our lineups are going to look similar! I am almost exactly the same with my fades and plays, only difference being I don’t have any Sabbs or Hatton. Went with Stenson/Leishman and Furyk/McDowell around those price points.

Chalk city here we come!

• sneaksox

Single Bullet. Phil.

Don’t think there’s enough whiskey in the house to endure what I’m about to put myself through on Thursday/Friday…

• Percsalert

Somebody is going to win the Milly Maker with 1 to 2 of Spieth Rose Rahm Rickie Molinari Finau Lefty Bryson Sergio.
    All of them being ignored for the most part (rightfully so I’ll have around 0 of them all), but it’s just setting up too perfect for them to all come in 3-8%.
    With only 60+ making cut, getting the winner and other top 5 guys is so important in big GPPs.
    It feels a bit weird that so much ownership is going to the midrange here. I get that it looks nice on paper and thats how majors usually end up but playing these “safe” chalk midrange guys feels like a recipe for a losing week in GPPs.
    My brain says to only play lineups with 4-6 guys who have a legit shot to get hot and win the tournament, but my finger keeps clicking safe chalk webb/casey/kuchar/furyk etc. Gotta fight the fingers urge and just listen to the brain and only click people like DJ/Brooks/JT/Fleet/Scott/Leish/Sergio/Si woo/An etc. in the big gpps i think. GL everyone

• Jeddy3

There is way too much time to tinker tomorrow morning.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Percsalert said...

Somebody is going to win the Milly Maker with 1 to 2 of Spieth Rose Rahm Rickie Molinari Finau Lefty Bryson Sergio.
    All of them being ignored for the most part (rightfully so I’ll have around 0 of them all), but it’s just setting up too perfect for them to all come in 3-8%.
    With only 60+ making cut, getting the winner and other top 5 guys is so important in big GPPs.
    It feels a bit weird that so much ownership is going to the midrange here. I get that it looks nice on paper and thats how majors usually end up but playing these “safe” chalk midrange guys feels like a recipe for a losing week in GPPs.
    My brain says to only play lineups with 4-6 guys who have a legit shot to get hot and win the tournament, but my finger keeps clicking safe chalk webb/casey/kuchar/furyk etc. Gotta fight the fingers urge and just listen to the brain and only click people like DJ/Brooks/JT/Fleet/Scott/Leish/Sergio/Si woo/An etc. in the big gpps i think. GL everyone

Sergio hasn’t made the cut in a major since 2017

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@HunkerToe said...

Holy crap our lineups are going to look similar! I am almost exactly the same with my fades and plays, only difference being I don’t have any Sabbs or Hatton. Went with Stenson/Leishman and Furyk/McDowell around those price points.

Chalk city here we come!

I have Stenson, Furyk, and Leishman all in the teens but no McDowell.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.