PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: June 13-16

Where: Pebble Beach, Ca

Course: Pebble Beach GC | A par 71 playing at some stupid yardage with thick rough up to your knees knowing the USGA

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at +1

Last Year’s Cut: +8 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Fox | FS1, Streaming: FoxSportsGo App | USOpen.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• pheffernan7

@BIF said...

Actually it’s one of Rounds 1-3 plus Round 4 depending on the course rotation they played. Most of the bigger names player Pebble Sat-Sun but many played it on Thurs or Friday.

Oops you’re right. Damn, is there anyway to tell who played where on what day?

• timgodd375

When will pat mayo contest come out?

• bigez952

@timgodd375 said...

When will pat mayo contest come out?

It is out now. I can’t access DK anymore on my laptop to post a link but I will send you an invite to it so you can get in.

6000 entries ($90,000 guaranteed) with $7,500 up top for this week.

EDIT: This is the link I used to get in from my phone so it should work the same I would think

http://bit.ly/19USOPMELL

• BIF

@pheffernan7 said...

Oops you’re right. Damn, is there anyway to tell who played where on what day?

The easy way is probably to look at the tee time sheets for the first 3 days – all player play in the same course rotation order so should be easy to figure out with just one of the Thur/Fri/Sat sheets and reverse engineer as DJ played Pebble on Saturday – should be able to find them somewhere on the interweb still.

• BIF

@bigez952 said...

It is out now. I can’t access DK anymore on my laptop to post a link but I will send you an invite to it so you can get in.

EDIT: This is the link I used to get in from my phone so it should work the same I would think

Worked for me on my phone 👍 thanks!

• Goesch89

I complained about this prior to the PGA Championship, and I’m here to do it again: The salaries have been out for a handful of days, why doesn’t DK just put out all of the contests it will offer for the US Open all at once? Instead of putting them out a few at a time? If anything it would give them more time to fill. I’m trying to make a game plan for my bankroll, and it’s a real bother to not know what the full array of contests will be🙄

• BIF

@Goesch89 said...

I complained about this prior to the PGA Championship, and I’m here to do it again: The salaries have been out for a handful of days, why doesn’t DK just put out all of the contests it will offer for the US Open all at once? Instead of putting them out a few at a time? If anything it would give them more time to fill. I’m trying to make a game plan for my bankroll, and it’s a real bother to not know what the full array of contests will be🙄

They don’t want to take away from people spending/filling the big US Open contests plus they want people to keep spending on Showdown and Weekend stuff this week.

• Kp24

Scott Piercy, Emiliano Grillo and Andrew Putnam are all qualified as well as late entries.

Hopefully DK gets them in the pool by Monday or so

• titanhawks

@bigez952 said...

Thanks for the link and it worked on my laptop

It’ll be all I play for the US Open besides the League contests

No Milly for sure but maybe the DtG if I come up with enough LU’s I like and have money to burn from this week :)

• MrBreeze

Matt Kuchar 8500 & 17th from top, pretty sure he will be 50% in my player pool at that price

• sneaksox

@BIF said...

Who is gonna WD from the US Open before the tourney that they just went through hell to qualify for or are already a top player trying to win a major

Oosty. That guy would WD from his own wedding if he woke up with his back feeling off.

Watching a few guys very closely today, the top of the Canadian leaderboard has some of my early favorites for mid-range picks next week.

• manoffewwords

Rory is fourth highest salary golfer. Without being concerned about ownership,why play anyone above him in salary. All these guys also have concerns at present. Not playing Rory just because he is coming off win is dangerous imo. Usually in stacked fields around 20% ownership is max. Rory may be 30% this week?

• byo34

@manoffewwords said...

Rory is fourth highest salary golfer. Without being concerned about ownership,why play anyone above him in salary. All these guys also have concerns at present. Not playing Rory just because he is coming off win is dangerous imo. Usually in stacked fields around 20% ownership is max. Rory may be 30% this week?

Course history I would say matters here more than most courses. The 2 times he played here in the past 10 years he missed the cut both times. That is my reasoning to go with guys above him. Plus I do care about the ownership.

• BIF

@MrBreeze said...

Matt Kuchar 8500 & 17th from top, pretty sure he will be 50% in my player pool at that price

I was there (on the Kooch train that is) early in the week but I didn’t like what I saw from him on the weekend just now.

Thurs-Friday
    67% fairways
    75% GIR

Sat-Sun
    57% fairways
    50% GIR

Now headed to Pebble where the fairways will be at least as tight and greens a little smaller, there is reason for possible concern. I’ll still own some but I’m backing off some as he had some big misses today.

• BIF

@manoffewwords said...

why play anyone above him in salary.

Last 4 winners of US Open
    Spieth
    DJ
    Koepka
    Koepka

In the previous 4 Opens before that you also have Rose and Rory wins so 6 of last 8 have been won by one of the top 3-5 players in the world at time of victory.

Over that same last 8 years period you also have 2nd place finishes from DJ, Day (twice), Phil (when he was still very relevant), Fowler, Hideki and Fleetwood.

That’s why you pay up in the US Open !

• shamrock77s

@BIF said...

Didn’t she just celebrate 2 or 3 years of sobriety ? Isn’t the hard part over with or is he going to perpetually gain SG: Fam ?

I vote Lucas Glover for this category as well because any day he wakes up and his crazy bitch hasn’t stabbed him to death while he slept is worth 1 SG for sure.

• keephustlincuz

@BIF said...

I vote Lucas Glover for this category as well because any day he wakes up and his crazy bitch hasn’t stabbed him to death while he slept is worth 1 SG for sure.

Not sure if he will be popular but I have him T10 or better at the US Open. You gonna have any?

• marker0357

Brian ‘Punt” Stuard

• manoffewwords

Updated odds. Koepka and DJ 8/1. Tiger and Rory 10/1. Spieth 14/1 Cantlay 16/1. Rose 20/1. Should be a fun week.

• BIF

@keephustlincuz said...

Not sure if he will be popular but I have him T10 or better at the US Open. You gonna have any?

Not sure what I’m doing with Glover yet

• Kp24

@marker0357 said...

Brian ‘Punt” Stuard

I saw a stat on him that he is averaging 70.11 at Pebble, min 8 rounds to be considered. But I’m not sure how that compares since they don’t play the same pro am course as this one.
    I’m gonna tread lightly with course history, I feel it might be misleading

• BIF

Pro Tip / Reminder

Download the 2019 US Open App !!

It’ll be the fastest for scoring updates and will have a shot tracker

Note: this is a USGA event and NOT a PGA Tour event so the normal go-to for leaderboard and shot tracking at PGATour.com will be at least a couple minutes behind.

If you don’t have a mobile app option then go to USOpen.com to find the US Open tee-times and leaderboard

• Moszman

Tough course coming up, Rory hot going in and probably be very popular, Koepka, DJ, or Tiger? Have no clue yet who is going to be the anchor yet.

• dbullsfan

no Nascar next weekend so hopefully tomorrow goes really well and I can blow it all on the US Open

• dbullsfan

Jimmy Jam Walker week again baby, what could possibly go wrong.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).