PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: June 13-16

Where: Pebble Beach, Ca

Course: Pebble Beach GC | A par 71 playing at some stupid yardage with thick rough up to your knees knowing the USGA

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at +1

Last Year’s Cut: +8 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Fox | FS1, Streaming: FoxSportsGo App | USOpen.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@blue said...

Is furyk chalk?

I think he should be in the top 15 in ownership imo. Like 12%+? Someone who has their ownership projections probably can give you some better estimate.

If you choose Furyk, just don’t complain if he gets 17 pars and 1 bogey. Like that’s actually a great round.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Yea no worries I also have a lot of Webb so high-five for the Webb train.

I really like how the lineup generator at FN allows you to just easily sub guys out. I had originally only had about 33% Webb but just kept looking deeper at guys like FInau and Kuchar and didn’t like what I saw so I moved most of that over to Webb and Sneds (and to a lesser extent Na and Stenson) and Fleetwood, JT, and Mats took over a lot of my Rose, Day, and Molinari ownership as I decided the more I looked at them the less I liked them.

I hope I’m not overplaying one stat but I really think scrambling and ATG are gonna be huge this week. I’ve been mixing that with SG Approach and overall SG T2G as my main focuses.

• Pbasniper

@superstars92 said...

I think he should be in the top 15 in ownership imo. Like 12%+? Someone who has their ownership projections probably can give you some better estimate.

If you choose Furyk, just don’t complain if he gets 17 pars and 1 bogey. Like that’s actually a great round.

His Sunday +1 effort in Canada last week stung as my 700% ROI showdown day should have been something closer to 1500% if I had anyone else in his price range. I’m not bitter or anything though I promise…..

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@Pbasniper said...

His Sunday +1 effort in Canada last week stung as my 700% ROI showdown day should have been something closer to 1500% if I had anyone else in his price range. I’m not bitter or anything though I promise…..

Ah but in the Canada, it’s about birdies. In the US, it’s about pars. Did he even make a birdie Sunday? The funny thing is if he had that round on Sunday this week for 4 days, you would be pretty happy with him.

I still have him around 15th ish in ownership, but it really depends on how many go with GMac vs him.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

the site I’m using he is at 17% projected

• Pbasniper

Of the top 25 priced guys I’m going to give you my 5 who will for sure miss the cut, screen shot this bad boy so you can make fun of me later. Moli, Reed, Xander, Scott, Finau.

• Pbasniper

@superstars92 said...

Ah but in the Canada, it’s about birdies. In the US, it’s about pars. Did he even make a birdie Sunday? The funny thing is if he had that round on Sunday this week for 4 weeks, you would be pretty happy with him.

2 bogeys and 1 birdie. He was averaging 4 birdies a day going into round 4.

• Dunzor

@Pbasniper said...

Of the top 25 priced guys I’m going to give you my 5 who will for sure miss the cut, screen shot this bad boy so you can make fun of me later. Moli, Reed, Xander, Scott, Finau.

I think Scott makes the cut but I’d agree with your other choices

• Pgram23

Hey BIF how many lineups do you usually make a week and what do you get your player pool down to?

• Percsalert

What are the top 10-15 ownership projections?
    I assume it’s something like Webb DJ Snedeker Kuchar JT Mats Cantlay Fleetwood Stenson Scott Furyk?

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

Probably McDowell up there in ownership too. Rory shouldn’t be outside the top 15, that would be shocking given he just blew away the field last week.

• sfguy21

Anyone seen how quickly the greens are running? Are they going to “lose the course” this week?

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@Percsalert said...

What are the top 10-15 ownership projections?
    I assume it’s something like Webb DJ Snedeker Kuchar JT Mats Cantlay Fleetwood Stenson Scott Furyk?

I’m only seeing from one site and I’m sure others are different but mostly you nailed the guys at the top. I think guys like Brooks, Xander, and Rickie will all be higher than they are projecting. I think the only guys that we may see over 20% are Cantlay and Webb, maybe Stenson, Kuchar, and Furyk because of their prices and Tiger because he is Tiger. I’m not sure anyone goes over 25%

• BIF

@Pgram23 said...

Hey BIF how many lineups do you usually make a week and what do you get your player pool down to?

Usually 25-40 lineups

This week I haven’t built any yet but my player pool is at about 32 players right now.

I have 21 Milly tickets so I’m debating whether to just make 21 lineups and trim my player pool down by 6-8 guys or keep the player pool as is and make my 21 Milly lineups and then pivot 1-2 guys on each and enter those into the smaller $10, $5 and other contests I’ve reserved.

Leaning to plan B so I’ll likely have my normal 40 lineups with about 30-32 players

• Dunzor

Luckily tee times start at 6:45 so even being on the east coast we’ll have golf starting early in the work day and we don’t have to wait until lunch like the west coast events early in the season

• Kp24

A lot of people are out on Finau it looks like. His around the green game is a worry but how many times have we seen him show up and go toe to toe with the big guns (for at least 3 days, not the best Sundays) but Finau I think could be a nice leverage play

• BIF

@sfguy21 said...

Anyone seen how quickly the greens are running? Are they going to “lose the course” this week?

They look quick especially on chips because all the edges are sloped – can’t see them losing it as it won’t get hot enough nor dry enough until the afternoon and Poa is a weed so it’s a lot tougher to kill

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Dunzor said...

I’m assuming since I haven’t seem much discussion that we don’t anticipate any weather concerns this week. From what I’m seeing the winds (especially for Pebble) are going to be pretty light, so is everyone pretty much in agreement that no wave has the tee time advantage this week?

I am anticipating higher afternoon winds tomorrow, so I am stacking for AM tee times for showdown, but not for weekly.

• Dunzor

@superstars92 said...

Probably McDowell up there in ownership too. Rory shouldn’t be outside the top 15, that would be shocking given he just blew away the field last week.

Ya honestly as with most majors and the stacked field, there will be a ton of guys in that 10-20% ownership range but probably not that many who are hugely owned at like 30%+

I think the guys who have a chance of pushing 25-30% are Cantlay and Simpson, all the other chalky guys I would expect between 15-20 and I don’t think should affect lineup building too much as long as you play at least one low owned guy

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

anyone else on Scottie Scheffler this week?

• Dunzor

@dbullsfan said...

• BIF

@dbullsfan said...

• zeeshan2

My hardest decisions on LUs right now:

Henrik vs. Furyk and Kuchar vs. Cantlay vs. Fleewood

• timusbr

Thanks to everyone who has 👍 the thread header.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
    👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Pbasniper

@dbullsfan said...

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.