PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: June 13-16

Where: Pebble Beach, Ca

Course: Pebble Beach GC | A par 71 playing at some stupid yardage with thick rough up to your knees knowing the USGA

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at +1

Last Year’s Cut: +8 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Fox | FS1, Streaming: FoxSportsGo App | USOpen.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Dunzor

@zeeshan2 said...

My hardest decisions on LUs right now:

Henrik vs. Furyk and Kuchar vs. Cantlay vs. Fleewood

Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / No in terms of who I have in lineups this week

Those guys are all at kinda different price points so I’m not sure on who exactly you are deciding between

• BrianVT

@zeeshan2 said...

My hardest decisions on LUs right now:

Henrik vs. Furyk and Kuchar vs. Cantlay vs. Fleewood

I’m fading the Furyk chalk – I think the old man’s good fortunes have come to an end. Fleetwood always seems like a good pick until you’re watching Sunday’s round.

• sfguy21

Is anyone actually on Fleetwood this week? I know this course really doesn’t play into his strengths, but the guy is almost always relevant in big tournaments.

• lfn1992

@sfguy21 said...

Is anyone actually on Fleetwood this week? I know this course really doesn’t play into his strengths, but the guy is almost always relevant in big tournaments.

I have shares. I like the fact that everyone is forgetting about him.

• Pilobious

Horschel is really cheap for OWGR #39. Does he have the short game to make the cut?

NEED CHEAP PLAYER 100% ASSURED OF MAKING THE CUT!

(don’t we all)

• kbarnhill7523

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@lfn1992 said...

I have shares. I like the fact that everyone is forgetting about him.

The guys everyone is forgetting about is Mr. Rickie Fowler.

Haven’t heard or seen a peep about him all week.

• sfguy21

@kbarnhill7523 said...

I’ve got him at 20% which should be over the field for sure.

• Pilobious

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Because he never wins majors.

And the guy can putt as well as anyone on the tour. Seriously, if he could putt for Rory they would have 14 majors by now.

(now that I’ve run him down watch him win it)

• lfn1992

I keep lingering over Bernd Wiesberger’s name. On a different course I’d really like him because he’s a definite bogey avoider. But I’m not sure if Pebble really fits his strengths.

• someclevername

When I first started playing dfs golf I remember picking Wiesberger just cos of his name. I’m glad he’s healthy again and was happy to see he won last month, but I’m going Duff Daddy at the same price. I’m sure it’ll be fine lol.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Max entered FD Monster. Full fade of DJ and JT. Any compelling arguments on why that’s a bad decision

• sfguy21

Win: DJ
    Fade: Rahm & Bryson & Brooks (I don’t think hes going to win, and at the price you need the winner)
    Sleeper: Kaymer, Leish, Cam Smith

• sneaksox

@Pilobious said...

Horschel is really cheap for OWGR #39. Does he have the short game to make the cut?

NEED CHEAP PLAYER 100% ASSURED OF MAKING THE CUT!

(don’t we all)

I didn’t land on Billy Ho in my single bullet but I did throw some $ on him at 125/1 as a dark horse.

• dbullsfan

@sfguy21 said...

Win: DJ
    Fade: Rahm & Bryson & Brooks (I don’t think hes going to win, and at the price you need the winner)
    Sleeper: Kaymer, Leish, Cam Smith

I really hope your right about Leish, I couldn’t help myself from doing some tinkering, tightening up my lineups getting completely rid of a lot of guys I had under 10% ended up adding quite a bit more of Leishman

• sfguy21

@dbullsfan said...

I really hope your right about Leish, I couldn’t help myself from doing some tinkering, tightening up my lineups getting completely rid of a lot of guys I had under 10% ended up adding quite a bit more of Leishman

Yea he was more of a gut play than anything. Hope we’re on the right side of history with that one.

• jcotdl

I am basically done with all my LU. I followed the plan as I carefully laid out, taking into account all (mas o menos) reasonably relevant factors. I was, for a fleeting moment, pleased with my overall approach. But that was lasted roughly an hour before I allowed the tinkering monster to invade my psyche.
    I fear Koepka, Tiger, Phil and their minions will punish me for my stupidity in fading them. I fear Bryson, Finau, Molinari, Spieth and Fowler cannot possibly do as poorly as I have represented. In short, it seems really early for it to be getting so late- but, I’m cool. I think, for now..

• Pilobious

Just because I’m sitting here trying to figure out who to put my last 50 chips on I’m considering the Open prep for this course. They say the greens are fast and the wind won’t blow much.

Old timers remember the 92 Open at Pebble:

“The third U.S. Open at Pebble Beach (after 1972 and 1982) also marked the first time in championship history that a player reached 10 under par: Gil Morgan got to minus 10 early in the third round before retreating, and he closed with an 81 on that momentous Sunday, when the scoring average was 77.3. Twenty of the 66 players failed to break 80.”

https://www.usopen.com/2017/articles/kite-recalls-1992-major-breakthrough-amid-major-turbulence-.html

It played super easy until the wind blew.

I expect the winner to be -10 or lower.

So who does it favor?

I say Spieth, Tiger, and JT. All great wedge players who can putt.

• kdsdawg

@kbarnhill7523 said...

not a strong POA putter is he?

• starstx

@Pbasniper said...

Of the top 25 priced guys I’m going to give you my 5 who will for sure miss the cut, screen shot this bad boy so you can make fun of me later. Moli, Reed, Xander, Scott, Finau.

Moli, Reed, Finau agree … Scott I think makes it and the X Man cometh IMO

• starstx

@starstx said...

Moli, Reed, Finau agree … Scott I think makes it and the X Man cometh IMO

For what my opinion is worth … which is about a pair of range balls … I have sucked it up in Majors so far

• lfn1992

Winner: Bubba Watson
    Fade: Jon Rahm’s Dog
    Sleeper: Ty Hatton
    Super Sleeper: Mike Weir makes the cut

• TheRyanFlaherty

Making way more teams than usual…which is fine for a major. Problem is, I keep finding myself plugging in the same few names – which will be awesome if my core guys come through, but it’s tough to feel very good in a tourney like this so heavy on a few mid range guys…this has nightmare written all over it.
    Time to pray to the Golf gods and hope for the best. Good luck everybody.

• sfguy21

@lfn1992 said...

Winner: Bubba Watson

• dbullsfan

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Making way more teams than usual…which is fine for a major. Problem is, I keep finding myself plugging in the same few names – which will be awesome if my core guys come through, but it’s tough to feel very good in a tourney like this so heavy on a few mid range guys…this has nightmare written all over it.
    Time to pray to the Golf gods and hope for the best. Good luck everybody.

Yea I don’t see many routes to me breaking even this week, either gonna go really well or really poorly.

• dbullsfan

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Everyone just saw he was my pick to win so they wisely are fading him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler