PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: June 13-16

Where: Pebble Beach, Ca

Course: Pebble Beach GC | A par 71 playing at some stupid yardage with thick rough up to your knees knowing the USGA

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at +1

Last Year’s Cut: +8 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Fox | FS1, Streaming: FoxSportsGo App | USOpen.com

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BrianVT

@js5734 said...

Leave the driver home? A guide to the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach – Phil is a perfect fit for this course as long as he leaves the driver home

He’s so obsessed with hit bombs, though – he won’t be able to help himself.

• dangasin

@al0e_neill said...

Is this similar to what you are looking for?

https://pbiosfiles.shotlink.com/ApplicationFiles/playerbios/index.html?id=45526

Been trying to find something like this for ages—so thank you dangasin and mcguirknba.

http://mediaguide.pgatourhq.com/ —> “Players” (up top) —> (Pick Player) —> “Stats Recap” (on left)

EDIT: Just found this which is baller AF OMG. https://tfdfreports.pgatourhq.com/inquiry/prod/index.cfm?go=yes

that last one is what I was looking for. It’s like some secret version you accidently end up at

• titanhawks

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

That would be great if Day got paired with Tiger for Thurs/Fri

That would be but first/second round tee times are already out

Day w/Orange Guy and SiWoo

Tigger w/Spieth and Rose

Also Josh’s Culp’s Corner weekly article on Rotoworld is up as usual so at least he is somewhere in the free world still

• forthemasters69

@al0e_neill said...

Is this similar to what you are looking for?

https://pbiosfiles.shotlink.com/ApplicationFiles/playerbios/index.html?id=45526

Been trying to find something like this for ages—so thank you dangasin and mcguirknba.

http://mediaguide.pgatourhq.com/ —> “Players” (up top) —> (Pick Player) —> “Stats Recap” (on left)

EDIT: Just found this which is baller AF OMG. https://tfdfreports.pgatourhq.com/inquiry/prod/index.cfm?go=yes

How do you access the last link? When i click on that link it gives me this error “—Not Authorized to this system—”

• timusbr

@kdsdawg said...

stats, or no stats..or a little of both

LOL, good question that has no answer. a bit of many things is probably better. but I am the last to give advice on picking golfers for a major. I used CH/RF/Stats. because I dont know of other ways to distinguish one golfer from another. I pick the guy I like to win but you need some salary savers to perform well (actually outstanding this week).

In the past I have said you need a little bit of artistry to add to your mathematics.
    DK does a great job on majors so far this year, making a number of price points that decision need to be made and an ability to make 1000+ LU’s. For myself, 1 LU is all I want but will have probably 3-5

• gunthie176

The upper-middle tier of Moli, Fleet, Mats and Xander is where I’m having the toughest time deciding who to put weight on. if anyone wants to give me rampant speculation on how to order these four, i’ll blindly listen

• al0e_neill

@forthemasters69 said...

How do you access the last link? When i click on that link it gives me this error “—Not Authorized to this system—”

Weird. Are you on a mobile device? Clicking it works fine for me.

Only thing I can think is an odd note I saw somewhere on there saying the data was fed from AS500 (which I think is a Mainframe device) and that the web page is optimized for Internet Explorer.. Granted it looks like this website has been up for a few years and I have no problem accessing it in chrome.

Maybe try different web browser?

• carolinacrusher

Watching the final round DJ collapse from 2010 to see how many drivers he hit.

• nicholasmarsh

@forthemasters69 said...

• al0e_neill

@nicholasmarsh said...

Go here and Accept terms of servce:

This ^ – Disregard my mobile browser comment.

Side note: Just read the terms of service (eeeeekkk). Wonder how long it stays up before it gets blocked to general public. :(

• mr_papageorgio

How do people feel about List this week? With the smaller greens and ball striking being very important it feels like this could setup well for him. Plus, he’s coming off 6th at the PGA. At $7100 seems like a good buy.

• Pbasniper

@gunthie176 said...

The upper-middle tier of Moli, Fleet, Mats and Xander is where I’m having the toughest time deciding who to put weight on. if anyone wants to give me rampant speculation on how to order these four, i’ll blindly listen

Moli will MC so remove him.

• nicholasmarsh

@mr_papageorgio said...

How do people feel about List this week? With the smaller greens and ball striking being very important it feels like this could setup well for him. Plus, he’s coming off 6th at the PGA. At $7100 seems like a good buy.

Pretty harsh from @BenColeyGolf:

LIST, Luke
    Sky Bet odds: 125/1

• Shot 1: 364 yards to fairway, 116 yards to hole
    • Shot 2: 115 yards to green, 8ft7in to hole
    • Shot 3: 11ft1in to green, 2ft6in to hole
    • Shot 4: 3ft6in to green, 1ft3in to hole
    • Shot 5: 2ft8in to green, 1ft8in to hole
    • Shot 6: In the hole

https://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/us-open-player-by-player-guide/167417

• mr_papageorgio

@nicholasmarsh said...

Pretty harsh form @BenColeyGolf:

LIST, Luke
    Sky Bet odds: 125/1

• Shot 1: 364 yards to fairway, 116 yards to hole
    • Shot 2: 115 yards to green, 8ft7in to hole
    • Shot 3: 11ft1in to green, 2ft6in to hole
    • Shot 4: 3ft6in to green, 1ft3in to hole
    • Shot 5: 2ft8in to green, 1ft8in to hole
    • Shot 6: In the hole

https://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/us-open-player-by-player-guide/167417

If he’s hitting approaches inside of 10 feet I’ll take my chances on his putting.

• nicholasmarsh

@mr_papageorgio said...

If he’s hitting approaches inside of 10 feet I’ll take my chances on his putting.

Excellent point

• Kp24

Love the Ben Coley major profiles

• badtrip

@BrianVT said...

He’s so obsessed with hit bombs, though – he won’t be able to help himself.

Not this week. When he was interviewed after his last tournament about straightening out his driver, he was very matter-of-fact about not needing that for Pebble.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Curious as to what metrics others are looking at this week.

Top 5 for me are: SG Approach, GIR%, Bogey Avoidance, Scrambling and Par 4 scoring (I use this metric typically for Majors only)

Some interesting bits:
    • Jim Furyk is in the top 15 in ALL my chosen metrics (top FIFTEEN!!!!)
    • Patrick Cantlay is #1 in 3 of the metrics
    • Lucas Glover is in the top 30 for all 5 metrics (top 10 for 3 of them)
    • CH3 is only ranked in the top 60 for 3 of the metrics, but in all 3 he is in the top 10
    • Under $7k guys by the metrics Benny An, Chez Reavie, CH3, Willett, Matt Jones, Roberto Castro, Brian Stuard and Nate Lashley
    • Bryson DeChambeau is not ranked in the top 60 in any of the 5 metrics

I’m not a total stat guy, but just pulling these numbers has me off anyone above Cantlay and wanting no more then 1 golfer under 7600 in any lineup on DK

• mitchsnyderdfw

It’s been awhile LFN… but I think I might have some shares of Zac Blair this week.

• Kp24

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Top 5 for me are: SG Approach, GIR%, Bogey Avoidance, Scrambling and Par 4 scoring (I use this metric typically for Majors only)

Some interesting bits:
    • CH3 is only ranked in the top 60 for 3 of the metrics, but in all 3 he is in the top 10
    • Under $7k guys by the metrics Benny An, Chez Reavie, CH3, Willett, Matt Jones, Roberto Castro, Brian Stuard and Nate Lashley

I’m not a total stat guy, but just pulling these numbers has me off anyone above Cantlay and wanting no more then 1 golfer under 7600 in any lineup on DK

I’m all over Cantlay again. Not bothered with his ownership. I could care less. I’ll be all in

• dangasin

@forthemasters69 said...

go the mediaguide.pgatourhq.com one first, click on statistics, and agree to the thing. This will set the cookies to allow you access to the last link

• dangasin

@al0e_neill said...

Weird. Are you on a mobile device? Clicking it works fine for me.

Only thing I can think is an odd note I saw somewhere on there saying the data was fed from AS500 (which I think is a Mainframe device) and that the web page is optimized for Internet Explorer.. Granted it looks like this website has been up for a few years and I have no problem accessing it in chrome.

Maybe try different web browser?

I think a few years is an understatement. Looks like it was made in 1992 and never updated

• dangasin

Well here we go with tiger again. At least he is a bit cheaper than the memorial

• bfwl3434

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Some interesting bits:

I like Furyk a lot too but noticed this will be his 5th straight week of playing. I wonder if that will start to affect him at all. The guy I will likely be close to all-in on is Casey. Anyone have reasons not to play Casey at that price?

• gunthie176

@bfwl3434 said...

I like Furyk a lot too but noticed this will be his 5th straight week of playing. I wonder if that will start to affect him at all. The guy I will likely be close to all-in on is Casey. Anyone have reasons not to play Casey at that price?

never had crazy great success at the USO, that’s all i have

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).