Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• Steverino01

@FredPupples said...

Man, Xander fills all the boxes for me. It just feels like it is his turn. Also, I have noticed how this golf forum does not seem to be as active the last few weeks. As my interest is peaking, others have lost interest. I am a golf fan first and a fantasy golf fan way down below. If I die and go to heaven, I dont want to know who wins the major championships. I want to sit on my cloud and enjoy the drama as it unfolds.

I haven’t been chatting much the last couple of weeks because my new system is to throw blind darts on Monday and avoid the carnage that is over thinking things.

I just noticed that 15 of my 18 golfers are AM/PM…hmmm

• PicklenomicsDFS

Anybody who has played this course before: how much does the water come into play on 14-18? How bad of a drive does it have to be to be wet?

• JTAx33

@FredPupples said...

Man, Xander fills all the boxes for me. It just feels like it is his turn. Also, I have noticed how this golf forum does not seem to be as active the last few weeks. As my interest is peaking, others have lost interest. I am a golf fan first and a fantasy golf fan way down below. If I die and go to heaven, I dont want to know who wins the major championships. I want to sit on my cloud and enjoy the drama as it unfolds.

I’d imagine it has to do with the return of NBA, MLB, and NHL

• FredPupples

Here is my Xander Schauffle story. About three years ago I went to watch Steve Stricker try to qualify for the U.S. Open at Ridgeway Country Club and Germantown CC in Memphis. The Open was headed for Wisconsin that year and I thought it would be neat watching Stricks try to qualify. Stricks was paired with Xander, and I am someone who knows nothing about the swing and anything the experts talk about. But as the day progressed I found myself watching this Xander guy even more than Stricker and I just sensed that he had future greatness inside of him. Both Stricker and Xander qualified for the Open but it was kind of cool when Xander started making a name for himself and I could see it even back then. It is like you know it when you see it.

• lfn1992

Personally I think the board is less active because keeping up with all the crowns contests is not easy. After esports finished, I wanted to make sure I at least finished NBA and I am trying to put in competent lineups in 4 different sports (and NASCAR on Sundays, too). Most normal people would probably cut out EURO or something but I am not normal.

I think I mentioned this before but I couldn’t have been happier that esports finished. It was fine when there was nothing else but that 1AM every night of research trying to figure out a competent LPL LU was a true grind.

• noddy

@Logan7777 said...

Ryan Palmer punt of the week. Played very well past few weeks. My lowest at 6.9k.

• JTAx33

Just got a MKF rapid fire

JT to outscore Kevin Na, and Bryson to outscore Rory…..Sabbatini

• bjrogers2000

@Kp24 said...

Either Woodland or Finau is gonna turn out to be bad chalk. They’re both gonna carry ownership. Probably significant ownership even with pivots to Fleet and Scott.

But by the law of averages and both of their recent form, either Woodland or Finau is gonna MC. Just my personal opinion.

Woodland will not be chalk, but he will miss the cut.

Finau will make the cut.

• bjrogers2000

@Felixxberg said...

DFS rules for the majors:

1. Play Koepka
    2. Play Finau
    3. Play almost full salary or full salary
    4. Collect the milly

I fully intend to go by the rules even if Koepka is too expensive.

I used the formula for a milly lineup. Looking forward to collecting the milly next week.

• monarch

I’ve been preoccupied with NBA but I threw together a model and it really likes Shane Lowry so ill play him. Maybe I didn’t weight the stats correctly for this course. It also likes Harris English and Ryan Palmer and last time I played those three together they all missed the cut lol.

• timusbr

Winner: Everyone who buys into the must own Finau and Koepke in a major.
    Must play: everyone who shaved their beards last week.
    Fade: Tiger and Rory and JT
    Sleeper: Mackenzie, Na, Scheffler

• mr_papageorgio

Winner: X by 1 over Rory
    Fade: Tiger
    Sleeper: EVR, Homa

• Steverino01

@FredPupples said...

I dont want to get political but the NBA is in timeout for me.

I’m three days away from collecting my 30,000 crowns and being done with them.

• JULIUSCEAZA

@lakewoody said...

The RG forecasting of Justin Thomas as the second highest owned golfer is absurd.

He won last week Dude!😱

• JULIUSCEAZA

@bjrogers2000 said...

Woodland will not be chalk, but he will miss the cut.

Finau will make the cut.

Ur right bout Woodland not being chalk but ur wrong bout him missing cut!

• Kp24

As far as roster construction, the list of Fitz at 8.1 down to Scott at 7.8 is gonna collectively be where a bunch of people land.

Fitz. Hatton. Reed. Finau. Woodland. Rose.
    Scott.

With the exception of Rose, all are probably around 10%-15% owned. They all fit in nicely. Safe names who are honestly not bad plays but I think just avoiding the whole set of them, you open up an array of possibilities for being unique.

• cardriverx93

anyone going with a zach johnson stack? Zach Johnson and Zach J Johnson?

• BIF

@Getty33 said...

From what I gather the rough will as penal as it was at the Memorial. Basically you’re not getting a GIR if you’re in the rough off the tee, and if you ‘re in the greenside rough, you’re just trying to get on the surface , hole position be damned.

It’s funny that seemingly every time a golfer makes bogey or worse, it starts with a tee shot that doesn’t hit the fairway(green on par 3). Yet driving accuracy leaders is full of mostly guys who don’t score that well. A conundrum I will say.

The reason the rough was penal at Memorial was more about the greens being rock hard and super fast where you couldn’t hold shots from the rough or you couldn’t clear the huge bunkers.

Different story here to some extent – it’ll be tough to score from the rough but I don’t think it will be crazy like the Memorial

• DfsBopBooth

Really like Reed and Cantlay this week. I think from the yardage that bryson and rory should compete, but ive noticed round 3 is where rory throws up a +4 and falls out of contention.

• bcandrws

@DfsBopBooth said...

Really like Reed and Cantlay this week. I think from the yardage that bryson and rory should compete, but ive noticed round 3 is where rory throws up a +4 and falls out of contention.

he can’t get it together with no fans

• RudyPujols

@DfsBopBooth said...

but ive noticed round 3 is where rory throws up a +4 and falls out of contention.

Round 4 is Rory’s problem, not Round 3. He was 2nd best on tour last year at Round 3 and still easily Top 20 this year in the 68.5 range. Over 70.4 and 125th on Tour Round 4 scoring.

• deepfat

@Logan7777 said...

I’d love to be in foggy, 58 degree weather right now and wearing a sweatshirt even if it was a $30 tourist trap buy. Tired of 100 plus weather that I have to drive 70 miles to get out of. I’m guessing fog delay Thursday morning. Way too hot interior.

I live in the SoCal desert. I’ll take clear skies and 110 deg over any midwest/east coast winter.

• deepfat

Cantlay is my lock. This is a fun tournament just because no one has a clue on what to focus on stats wise. I can say that I won’t be playing anyone in the 11K’s. I’m sure Brooks is due this year but there are so many good options in the lower tiers.

• bcandrws

@RudyPujols said...

Round 4 is Rory’s problem, not Round 3. He was 2nd best on tour last year at Round 3 and still easily Top 20 this year in the 68.5 range. Over 70.4 and 125th on Tour Round 4 scoring.

since the restart he has not played the same though

• BIF

@JTAx33 said...

What’s your guys best guesses on winning score? Obviously it isn’t exactly easy to know given the little course history we have

I’m going with -13

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).