Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• JULIUSCEAZA

@BIF said...

You mean how far do I hit it ? Usually 275-280 and sometimes muscle them out to 300 if I roast one or if it’s dry/wind-aided. I’m 52 now and still 10-15 yds longer than most guys around my age but unfortunately I’m 10-40 yards short of the 20-30 year old crowd at my club.

Haha Bif I’m talking bout the tournament on DraftKings If they don’t drive the ball atleast how far?

• ifthethunder

@deepfat said...

I hate to ask but is Kokrak popping for anyone?

I have a tough time playing people who have missed as many cuts as Coatrack has lately. But he did make it last week…
    ~

• BIF

Couple of interesting quotes in this snip from an article:

The weather might not be that outlandish this week, but the talk around TPC Harding Park so far is all about how it will impact the flight of their golf balls.

For players so exact with their measurements, hitting shots in the marine layer will often resemble a guessing game.

“There’s not a science,” admitted Justin Thomas, the tournament favorite this week. “It’s not like you’re in Mexico where, hey, I’m playing 12 percent here. It’s like, hey, it’s pretty cold here and we’re into a little bit of a mist, like this is probably something like a 15-, 20-yard difference.”

For players who know not only the exact club that flies, say, 192 yards – and not 190 or 194 – it’s this inexact science which could prove to be the most difficult part of this tournament.

“I was anywhere from 10 to 13 yards shorter with a very similar swing and ball speed with the irons, and the driver is up to 20 yards shorter in carry,” Jordan Spieth said. “It’s just an adjustment. I think for me it normally takes a day or two of really being out on the course hitting a shot, being like, wow, hitting another one from the fairway after you didn’t believe it and it still comes up short, and then you start to kind of recalibrate.”

• qatman

@BIF said...

For players so exact with their measurements, hitting shots in the marine layer will often resemble a guessing game.

Geez, that doesn’t sound good for my favorite play this week – the scientist.

• kps3205s

@JH822547 said...

10% DK

Thanks

• mgravity

looking for somebody =< $6900 ? who can win !…Kidding who can play. Thanks

• NDNole

@titanhawks said...

Ancer and Fitzy only two of eleven 100% in my three LU’s this week so lets go :)

Fitzy was 2nd to last out of my pool. Maybe we are on the same guys. Good fortune this week.

• BIF

@JULIUSCEAZA said...

Haha Bif I’m talking bout the tournament on DraftKings If they don’t drive the ball atleast how far?

Ha ha – oh I’m not sure, I rarely play the really short hitters anywhere in DFS other than a couple guys who I’ll play almost anywhere like Kisner, Fitz, Poulter

• JULIUSCEAZA

@BIF said...

Ha ha – oh I’m not sure, I rarely play the really short hitters anywhere in DFS other than a couple guys who I’ll play almost anywhere like Kisner, Fitz, Poulter

Trying to decide if Sabbatini is long enough!

• Steverino01

If you are playing in the Milly this week, don’t forget to take advantage of the free 5,000 crowns for playing it. Go into the promotions page and click the Claim Offer button.

• JULIUSCEAZA

Adam Scott is a lil scary but he is that good

• BrianVT

Vaughn Taylor WD

• mogan11

@BrianVT said...

Vaughn Taylor WD

Back to the drawing board.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@mgravity said...

looking for somebody =< $6900 ? who can win !…Kidding who can play. Thanks

How about a past PGA Champion, made the cut in his last three starts, $6400 on DK and projected less than 2% owned?

• BIF

@JULIUSCEAZA said...

Trying to decide if Sabbatini is long enough!

I don’t mind him here; I likely won’t have any but he made my initial swath of 50 guys – just not the final 30ish

• titanhawks

@BrianVT said...

Vaughn Taylor WD

Alex Noren replaces him and probably won’t make full week list but maybe showdowns and weekend if he makes it that far

• NDNole

@Steverino01 said...

If you are playing in the Milly this week, don’t forget to take advantage of the free 5,000 crowns for playing it. Go into the promotions page and click the Claim Offer button.

I already entered. Will they still give the credit?

• mgamble00

Yeah he will make do

• Wander_Bread

@Steverino01 said...

Where are you seeing this? What is the promotion called?

• JaBr

@NDNole said...

Just cancel your entry (or one of your entries) and re-enter using the promo link. Otherwise, they probably won’t.

• titanhawks

@NDNole said...

me too; I got the 5K NBA crowns to get me 11K for one Milly LU then paid for two more rather than play DtG this week but I didn’t get any notice of this offer

• JaBr

@Wander_Bread said...

Where are you seeing this? What is the promotion called?

I’m not playing the MM, but it showed up when I opened the app and I also received an email earlier today.

• mgravity

@Steverino01 said...

I do not see this?

• mgravity

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

How about a past PGA Champion, made the cut in his last three starts, $6400 on DK and projected less than 2% owned?

Hmmmm

• Getty33

Winner : The Bison. Only major of the year, he needs this for justification of what he’s doing. He’ll be focused.

Fade: Reed :His long iron play (>175 yds) is horrendous. When his short game magic tricks stop, he’s in trouble.
    Finau : Had a quick uptick after firing the caddie and has been slowly but surely falling back into bad habits.

Sleeper : Chez : Easy to sleep on this guy but he has been really good for a month and prior to the corona cold, had Top 25’s in the 2 Cali tournaments in February. Solid tee to green guy who needs to make putts. I’ll try that for the price point.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler