Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• schoony82

Long time reader, first time poster in the golf forum….any thoughts on fading the players with later tee times? If the wind is supposed to pick up later in the afternoon, could it play a major role in who makes the cut and who doesnt?

• JIB7

@schoony82 said...

Long time reader, first time poster in the golf forum….any thoughts on fading the players with later tee times? If the wind is supposed to pick up later in the afternoon, could it play a major role in who makes the cut and who doesnt?

Wind should pick up Friday afternoon too, which negates that a bit, although the AM/PM wind disparity on Friday does not seem as severe as tomorrow.

• deepfat

@schoony82 said...

For what it’s worth, I’m concentrating on guys with early Thursday tee times if I can help it. My rule of thumb is if you have to play guys during times of high wind make sure they’re from the UK.

Kidding. Kind of.

• ifthethunder

@schoony82 said...

Counterargument is afternoon players on Thursday get A.M. tee times on Friday and vicey-versey, so the situation balances out. Check your 2-day weather forecasts and place your bets.
    ~

• lfn1992

Winner: It is Jon Rahm’s time
    Will Tiger make the cut: Yes
    Will Koepka make the cut: No
    Fade: JT
    Sleepers: Lowry, English
    Deep Sleepers that will make the cut: Brian Harman, Joost Luiten

• Wander_Bread

Here are my selections for this week thus far.

PGA Championship
    Tournament Match-ups:
    Morikawa ov Hideki -118 🔒🔒
    Xander ov Bryson -106
    Stenson ov Casey -106
    Oosty ov Spieth +110

Round 1:
    Tiger ov Rory +125
    Phil ov Sergio +120

• BIF

Winner – Cantlay (ride or die tour 2020) steals one from Rahm and a lurking Morikawa

Fade – Rory (his presser didn’t leave me feeling he liked where his game was at so cue the 8 shot runaway victory), Webb, Berger, Fowler

Sleeper – Merritt, Sergio, Fritelli, Poston, Hubbard

• Wander_Bread

As far as my lineups go I am heavy on Xander and Collin. Will be overweight on Tiger relative to the field. Like Oosty to play well (top 15ish) an Steele is my cheap top 20 ownership

Got my ESPN+ ready to go for 10AM tomorrow on my big 2nd monitor while I “work” on the laptop. Bring on Major Championship golf !

• sfguy21

I’ve never been more confident and uncertain about my lineups, but at this point I’m so locked into DJ, Cantlay an Xanman that I’m going to live or die by it.

Last spot I’m tweaking in one of my lineups is Fitz or J Day. Any thoughts there?

• BIF

Looking forward to tomorrow – Major Golf is back
    For me it’s 9am CT when the first balls are launched.

Playing golf at the 3:00 so I will only get to watch the morning featured groups coverage but not much more from the PM wave and will have to PVR/follow the afternoon coverage online as I’m golfing.

I’ve played a ton of golf the past two weeks – tomorrow is my 12th round in 16 days (and it’ll be my 8th tournament round or club match in that stretch) so thinking about taking the weekend off to watch the PGA. I really don’t know how guys like Sungjae play week after week after week (and play well).

• sfguy21

@BIF said...

I’ve played a ton of golf the past two weeks – tomorrow is my 12th round in 16 days (and it’ll be my 8th tournament round or club match in that stretch) so thinking about taking the weekend off to watch the PGA.

I believe earlier you said you were in your 50s. How the hell is your back still in one piece with that many rounds.

I’m in my early 30s and need a chiropractor after a weekend golf trip.

• Ricardo5346

@sfguy21 said...

I’ve never been more confident and uncertain about my lineups, but at this point I’m so locked into DJ, Cantlay an Xanman that I’m going to live or die by it.

Last spot I’m tweaking in one of my lineups is Fitz or J Day. Any thoughts there?

Probably Day for me.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@lfn1992 said...

I am screwed if that happens LOL

• Rickytango13

@byo34 said...

Feeling pretty good only having 1 of these guys in my single entry.

Godspeed brother but I think that’s a losing proposition

• Rickytango13

@lfn1992 said...

Winner: It is Jon Rahm’s time
    Will Tiger make the cut: Yes
    Fade: JT
    Sleepers: Lowry, English
    Deep Sleepers that will make the cut: Brian Harman, Joost Luiten

That would be something… 1-jt-1 would be some hilarious stuff

• timusbr

could anyone but me come up with a 100% core of DJ, J Day, Mack Hughes

• MACKTYSON

Winner: Bryson
    Fade: Rory
    Sleeper: Sergio

• BIF

@sfguy21 said...

I believe earlier you said you were in your 50s. How the hell is your back still in one piece with that many rounds.

I’m in my early 30s and need a chiropractor after a weekend golf trip.

Ha ha, my back is far from 100% but luckily no major issues or surgeries though I felt a lot older than 52 this past weekend. We had our 54 hole Club Championship, I played pretty good finishing 3rd but the winner was 17 years old and in 2nd was a 22 year old who just finished four years of college golf. My back was sore watching them rip at it – I felt like Kisner playing with Bryson and Wolff.

• PicklenomicsDFS

Delete

• Rickytango13

New thoughts
    Winner: brooks or Hatton
    Fade: other 9k+/salaries, yo semites
    Sleeper: Lowry/Casey

• mattspot10

So is there going to be considerable overlay in the $8 EURO? It’s currently 700+ shy of filling but at a 66 max, 10-11 players could fill it quickly. Does that contest usually end up with overlay or are the vultures just circling for another 45 minutes?

• PicklenomicsDFS

@deepfat said...

I’m a physicist by education but not by trade so extensive and the need to do obsessive research is a blessing and a curse of mine. I finally finished my model and the one stat I’m concentrating on is T2G in different conditions. I’m on Sergio this week pretty heavily. His OTT game has been pretty stellar and that is what is going to separate players this week.

Any concern about Garcia’s desired ball flight being left to right and this course setting up predominantly for a right to left player (at least from what I’m hearing)?

• XxHeisenbergxX

Winner – Koepka or Rahm
    Fade – Simpson, Xander
    Sleeper – Straka, Horschel

and I need to stop tinkering.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@timusbr said...

could anyone but me come up with a 100% core of DJ, J Day, Mack Hughes

You won’t be splitting the Milly that’s for sure!

• deepfat

Winner: DJ
    Fade: Xander
    Sleeper: Casey (just needs to putt), List
    Deep Sleeper: Kokrak, Sabbatini

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).