Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• timusbr

Well Unlike Pat Mayo I dont get $$‘s for clicks. I dont even get DK to lower the rake.

The $1 Happy Meal PGA Championship is posted
    Scores are dbl (30 becomes 60 and 50th place 1 pt becomes 2)
    I will update the Happy Meal cup today (week 6 for memorial is adjusted for the Rahm pts and add week 8 WGC)

The FEDEX playoffs is Triple pts so if your behind you can catch up.

• BrianVT

@nicholasmarsh said...

Also, there’s a risk-free $3 NHL today so a free entry there too

Thanks for the heads up. Hadn’t seen that yet. I need BIF picks now.

• hautalak

@BrianVT said...

I need BIF picks now.

He’s a Jets homer! I’m not sure about today though lol They’ve got some guys out tonight.

• kps3205s

Will the Bryson long drive impact be put in check this week? Temps will be much lower and from what I remember from living in Monterey (1999-2002) the Bay Area gets a bit of clouds and fog in the morning that disappear for a few hours and then reappear around 3 or so.That was the one thing I hated about golfing in the Bay Area and down in Monterey.

With that being said and if the temps are running between high 50’s to maybe touching 70 will the course play a little longer? Do the greens have any Poa in them as most courses by the ocean in CA usually do from what I remember hearing?

• Ricardo5346

I’m in the East Bay of SF and it’s been hot as hell. Looks like it’ll be mid to high 60’s all week. I love playing in Monterey. I usually am down there once a month. Shot my first ever sub 40 9 at Spanish on Saturday.

• bigez952

@Kp24 said...

Mayo is reading the forum huh, now we know where he gets some of the takes haha

I am guessing he isn’t actually reading the forum but last week on his podcast he brought up that you shouldn’t share the listener league directly. I am sure once he brought it up that he doesn’t want people doing that someone tipped him off that the direct link is posted every week on this forum and it used to be how I always got in until I started listening to his podcasts for some extra content.

• kps3205s

@Ricardo5346 said...

Shot my first ever sub 40 9 at Spanish on Saturday.

Very nice. I lived in Fort Ord while there and played Black Horse and Bayonet a ton on weekends as I was allowed to become a monthly member due to the military for $50/mo or so. Spanish was really nice and cheap, under $75 but Pebble I only played twice and got my ass handed to me both times. Still worth it.

• Gtzerphy

@shadowchap1978 said...

THE GOAT..won here back in 2005. If he was in some type of decent form he might make a lineup or two.

Hard pass for me, hope he’s 25% owned.

• ButBongoFiesta

Here is a link to do a flyover on every hole. Or you can download the PGA Championship app and do it from there too

https://www.pgachampionship.com/harding-park#hole-1

• jsw3ent

@Gtzerphy said...

Hard pass for me, hope he’s 25% owned.

I don’t remember Jack even being there —much less winning

• Ricardo5346

@kps3205s said...

Very nice. I lived in Fort Ord while there and played Black Horse and Bayonet a ton on weekends as I was allowed to become a monthly member due to the military for $50/mo or so. Spanish was really nice and cheap, under $75 but Pebble I only played twice and got my ass handed to me both times. Still worth it.

Yeah my buddy is a member at Bayo. Like $300 per month for unlimited golf and he’s out there for 54 a weekend and probably 54 during week. My second round sat was at Bayo. Love that place and it’s very, very challenging.

• ifthethunder

@BrianVT said...

Thanks for the heads up. Hadn’t seen that yet. I need BIF picks now.

Link for the $3 risk-free NHL contest on DK. The more the merrier. And always good luck to forum friends!
    ~

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/89042613

• Gtzerphy

@jsw3ent said...

I don’t remember Jack even being there —much less winning

• kdsdawg

I am close to cementing my pool, I really either want JT or Brooks in there out of that top tier and I guess it really doesn’t matter which one.
    Thoughts that I may have missed?

• Bigbird08

DK made this week too hard it’s entirely too soft of pricing. A blind man can make a decent lineup this week.

• byo34

@Bigbird08 said...

DK made this week too hard it’s entirely too soft of pricing. A blind man can make a decent lineup this week.

To be fair, this is said every major and the people who post this never come back winning a million ;)

• mitchsnyderdfw

@kps3205s said...

Do the greens have any Poa in them

Greens were redone in 2014 with Bent, but you can never really get rid of the Poa, from what i have heard and read, it’s not as pronounced as some west coast courses, but it is still there.

• BrianVT

@ifthethunder said...

Link for the $3 risk-free NHL contest on DK. The more the merrier. And always good luck to forum friends!
    ~

Hard to believe a risk free contest isn’t full yet and starts in 20 min. Tells you how interested people are in the NHL starting, or just bad marketing by DK.

• hautalak

@BrianVT said...

just bad marketing by DK.

Always this!!! The “loyal” NHL community was all over this. Hence why the $3 5 max “risk free” filled over a week early.

Edit: Sorry I’m just always salty at DK over NHL contests and sizing.

• Bigbird08

@byo34 said...

To be fair, this is said every major and the people who post this never come back winning a million ;)

I didn’t say it was easy, just way too many mid tier options below average salary of 8.3k.

• ifthethunder

@Bigbird08 said...

This blind man is praying for at least one 6/6.
    ~

• mitchsnyderdfw

@ifthethunder said...

~

Thanks for the link.

Used crowns to enter so it’s basically like cashing in crowns for cash.

• ifthethunder

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Thanks for the link.

Used crowns to enter so it’s basically like cashing in crowns for cash.

Sweet dreams are made of this.
    ~

• timusbr

@BrianVT said...

Hard to believe a risk free contest isn’t full yet and starts in 20 min. Tells you how interested people are in the NHL starting, or just bad marketing by DK.

I think its DK and its the sports world in general.

I have sidelined all my sports since March. I dont watch the news shows. (News makes me crazy and sports news… what news for 5 months? everything was cancelled.)

So I now know NBA/NHL/MLB are all up and running.(fingers crossed).
    So I look at ESPN.com to get the 411 on the seasons. SHIT it sucks, sure you can see a weekly schedule but matchups when where plan, regular season playin playoffs. So many questions and no simple explainations.

and What the F is going on with football? Start? preseason?

So while I was always a casual player because I like to Gamble on sports. Just looking at a DK contest isnt enough to get me off the bench. Whats going on out there…Someone make a thread that tells us everything we need to know about the sports leagues. Where their at and where they going.

• HunkerToe

Wow the Mayo is filled already. Was hoping they’d make it bigger for a major. I guess I’ll play the $12 SE

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.