Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• sfguy21

On paper this course is pretty straight forward and easy. But I played it a few weeks and holy hell the rough out there is going to be a problem. It was already playing tough for the May dates, but they let it get even thicker and nastier since then.

I thinks its going to reward more strategic play as there aren’t a ton of opportunities to bomb corners (with the exception on the 18th).

Always fun to watch the best out there on a course you frequent.

• sfguy21

@shadowchap1978 said...

THE GOAT..won here back in 2005. If he was in some type of decent form he might make a lineup or two.

The goat won because JD got bored and let him take that title so he could over to Hooters

• MGoHarbaugh

I really like Abe Ancer this week, course should set up pretty well for him. First win comes at a major?

• JaBr

@hautalak said...

Always this!!! The “loyal” NHL community was all over this. Hence why the $3 5 max “risk free” filled over a week early.

Edit: Sorry I’m just always salty at DK over NHL contests and sizing.

Agreed. Piss-poor marketing on DK’s part. I had no idea until I saw this thread and I had been in the app earlier today. Nothing on the promo slide-screen, no pop-ups, no emails… NOTHING. Quite bummed about this. I’ve only gotten into a couple of the $1 risk free games they have had.

• deepfat

@sfguy21 said...

On paper this course is pretty straight forward and easy. But I played it a few weeks and holy hell the rough out there is going to be a problem. It was already playing tough for the May dates, but they let it get even thicker and nastier since then.

I thinks its going to reward more strategic play as there aren’t a ton of opportunities to bomb corners (with the exception on the 18th).

Always fun to watch the best out there on a course you frequent.

Yeah agree. Gnarly rough, narrow fairways, and with how dry and hot Cali has been the greens should be firm. This course is going to play tough. Bombers won’t have a distinct advantage but the long iron maestros will. Love these kind of tournaments.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@HunkerToe said...

Wow the Mayo is filled already. Was hoping they’d make it bigger for a major. I guess I’ll play the $12 SE

Yeah I was working last night and entered right away…crazy how fast they have been filling.

• Getty33

@timusbr said...

I dont watch the news shows. (News makes me crazy and sports news… what news for 5 months? everything was cancelled.)

• shadowchap1978

17 players in my pool for 20 lineups this week… I have a strange strong amount of Ryan Palmer… gulp.

• shadowchap1978

17 players in my pool for 20 lineups this week… I have a strange strong amount of Ryan Palmer… gulp.

• Getty33

@shadowchap1978 said...

Palmer shows as a guy who is under priced relative to his odds to win. So is Lowry. But no one is so lopsided as Ancer.

• BIF

@smallANDflaccid said...

Are you sure – that looks a lot like last week.
    On the TPC Harding site it seems to indicate par 72, 7169 Championship yards.
    https://tpc.com/hardingpark/scorecard/
    https://issuu.com/tpcnetwork/docs/harding_103964-6_16

Since I don’t have this in my database, trying to find out details.

nvm – I see BIF saying they dropped the 5s to 4s.

BIF – do you know anything about the rough here? compared to anything?

https://twitter.com/futureoffantasy/status/1290271517964554245?s=21

• shadowchap1978

• sfguy21

@deepfat said...

Yeah agree. Gnarly rough, narrow fairways, and with how dry and hot Cali has been the greens should be firm. This course is going to play tough. Bombers won’t have a distinct advantage but the long iron maestros will. Love these kind of tournaments.

While pretty much all of CA is hot as hell right now, thats not what you get in San Francisco during July. It’s been cold and overcast all month, and Harding sits in a pocket of the coast that brings in fog every day. Our weather will be getting much better now that it’s August and will likely be perfect for the tournament, but it definitely hasn’t been getting the advantages of sun for long.

As for the greens, when I played three or so weeks ago they were actually really slow and uneven. I know there’s a ton they’ve probably done since then to get them up to championship speed though.

• Logan7777

@sfguy21 said...

While pretty much all of CA is hot as hell right now, thats not what you get in San Francisco during July. It’s been cold and overcast all month

I grew up in the east bay. Would watch the fog roll in through the Golden Gate every afternoon in the summer. Just like Mark Twain said “the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” Weather should be mid 60s in the afternoon, low 50’s in the morning.

• mgravity

@sfguy21 said...

While pretty much all of CA is hot as hell right now, thats not what you get in San Francisco during July. It’s been cold and overcast all month, and Harding sits in a pocket of the coast that brings in fog every day. Our weather will be getting much better now that it’s August and will likely be perfect for the tournament, but it definitely hasn’t been getting the advantages of sun for long.

As for the greens, when I played three or so weeks ago they were actually really slow and uneven. I know there’s a ton they’ve probably done since then to get them up to championship speed though.

“The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” Mark Twain ?

• kps3205s

This week’s #BeattheForum Volunteer is Hyak420. Many thanks and Good Luck!

• byo34

Looks like this course favors a draw. Who plays a draw? Pretty sure Reed, Tiger, Scott, Hadwin.. not sure who else. I know DJ used to.

• mgravity

July In California years back we were in Sacramento and it was 100 degrees…Drove in to San Fran it was like 55. Freezing for Floridians in shorts and tee shirts, had to go in to one of the 10,000 souvenir shops and buy cheap sweat shirts for everybody. Then I went Golfing.

• mgravity

@byo34 said...

Looks like this course favors a draw. Who plays a draw? Pretty sure Reed, Tiger, Scott, Hadwin.. not sure who else. I know DJ used to.

Bend it like Bubba !

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Funny how Brooks immediately jumps from $9200 to $11,100 for this major.

Not funny – he is the favorite or 2nd guy at every book I’ve seen so he should be priced there

• mgravity

@BIF said...

Not funny – he is the favorite or 2nd guy at every book I’ve seen so he should be priced there

He showed up last week.

• BIF

@hautalak said...

He’s a Jets homer! I’m not sure about today though lol They’ve got some guys out tonight.

• BIF

@kps3205s said...

Very nice. I lived in Fort Ord while there and played Black Horse and Bayonet a ton on weekends as I was allowed to become a monthly member due to the military for $50/mo or so. Spanish was really nice and cheap, under $75 but Pebble I only played twice and got my ass handed to me both times. Still worth it.

I love BBH – I’ve played those 2 courses probably a dozen times. Every time I was down at Stanford (I took an Executive Education program there over a 6 month period) I’d go play 36 on the weekend when I got there and again before I’d fly back.

• Steverino01

Sean Martin
    @PGATOURSMartin

Hardest fairways to hit on the PGA TOUR in 2005:

Quail Hollow, 47.1%
    Harding Park, 48.6%
    Pinehurst No. 2, 51.8%

(among courses used for 72 holes of stroke play; Pinehurst was site of 2005 U.S. Open)

• Hyak420

@kps3205s said...

This week’s #BeattheForum Volunteer is Hyak420. Many thanks and Good Luck!

Contests are up and I’ll add more if needed, good luck to everyone this week!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler