Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• Sleazygreazy

@Mcarlino11 said...

I got bitched out for bitching on Twitter so please let me do it here…

$10 DK Showdown lineup: Day -5, Brooks -4, ZJ -4, Finau -3, Kisner -3, and god DAMN slow mf’ing playing Patrick Cantplay +3. I came in 36th, 15.3 points behind the winnner. Had I picked anybody else from Patrick’s price range (Xander, Berger, DJ, Tiger, etc.) I’d be sitting here with $25,000 instead of $100. I shrug off weeks of losing for this opportunity and to have my $9200 guy blow it is such a damaging hit to my confidence. Will I ever have a big cash?

Oh well, onto Round 2 showdown we go.

Not sure if it will go over any better here. Maybe you can email DK and ask them to set up showdown contests where everyone gets one tradezie after the round.

As the other dude alluded too, you have to get used to it, happens to everyone. Have you ever listened to a bad beat poker story? my goodness, they’re the worst, can’t wait for them to be over and smile and nod until the merciful conclusion. Same thing here

• timusbr

LMAO, Are we playing DFS? I get he bought into a player and he was hi priced and it sucks the guy sucked today. Every single one of us can say that at 1 time or another. IF…….IF……

If the middle word in LIFE, If I lived close to squids mom I would be his dad, if I cry about it, i will feel better. Dude Cantplay was probably your first choice in the LU, you got lucky with everything else.

I hope you do as well or better again, but a story like that we all got. To come here after people giving you shit elsewhere just adds to your misery. (sorry I hate the If only stuff I could have won)

• Mcarlino11

Jesus Christ everyone it’s a friggin message board for fantasy golf players. If someone posts a bad beat and you don’t like it, read it and move on. People make posts about the % of times they’re playing Lucas Herbert in lineups so who cares if someone talks about a topical bad beat? It’s a fantasy golf forum not the New York Times.

• timusbr

LOL its a message board and I can post my thoughts as well as you so there.
    I dont have any problem with you posting. I just wanted to say Wahhhhhhh.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

I almost lost my shit because someone wasnt bragging about beating a ncaa division 1 golfer or were they talking abot playing 16 rounds of golf or were they talking about pkaying across the lake? So much to take in……

• thedude404

Bottom line i just cant keep up with it who is the real deal maybe my boy cal can straighten it out.

• thedude404

wait wait wait….we got ourselves a 50+ year old finishing 3rd in their club championship finishing 3rd to a ncaa division 1 golfer. you cant let one message go by before bragging about some meaningless bullshit. Its so amusing………

• eatmyturf23

Bad beats are fun to vent about.

Also fun is swipe+autocorrect trying its best to make me say
    Bad breasts
    Bad beard
    Bad bears
    Nas beats

It took 5 times to get right hahaha.

• jmcdougall17

Alex Noren is min priced for DK showdown. This seems like a pricing mistake. Right?

• JH822547

Yeah makes no sense to have him below Rich Beem and with the club pros.

I’m not sure if I would play him once out of 50 line ups though because salary saving isn’t that big of a deal tomorrow.

• mh8235

For everyone here freaking out about Cantlay (yes I own him too), just understand the recency bias of just one round…

There will be plenty of people here thinking they are “safe” with a Morikawa at -1 when in reality, there is no such thing as “safe” unless you are T5 or better after day 1 or at the conclusion of day 2…

For example; if you gave Patrick Cantlay 4 total rounds similar conditions at TPC Harding Park, I’d say he would shoot 3-under at least 1 of those 4 rounds maybe even 2. So for arguments let’s just call that ~25% chance.

It may seem like the end of the world, but just know – everyone is just 1 hole away from blowing that sparkly -2 or -1 they shot yesterday…

Cantlay still has as good of a chance as anyone in that range with around ~25% make chance, whereas a guy at that’s very “safe” right now is still only probably ~65% make chance…my point being anyone between (-2 and +3) it’s still just a coin flip who comes out and plays well tomorrow – and all things considered I still feel okay with a top 10 player in the world at 25% chance he does shoot that -3 tomorrow (albeit in the afternoon – fingers crossed)

• depalma13

@Mcarlino11 said...

I got bitched out for bitching on Twitter so please let me do it here…

$10 DK Showdown lineup: Day -5, Brooks -4, ZJ -4, Finau -3, Kisner -3, and god DAMN slow mf’ing playing Patrick Cantplay +3. I came in 36th, 15.3 points behind the winnner. Had I picked anybody else from Patrick’s price range (Xander, Berger, DJ, Tiger, etc.) I’d be sitting here with $25,000 instead of $100. I shrug off weeks of losing for this opportunity and to have my $9200 guy blow it is such a damaging hit to my confidence. Will I ever have a big cash?

Oh well, onto Round 2 showdown we go.

I once changed my lineup with two minutes before lock in NFL and it cost me a half million dollars. A person on the NFL forum who was a well respected player at the time convinced me that the rookie receiver I had in my lineup was garbage and that this other rookie receiver was a much better play. The receiver I switched out of had two TDs and over 150 yards receiving. The guy I switched into had one catch for five yards.

Had I not touched anything, I win the Sunday Million by 4 points. I was throwing up that Sunday night because of what I did.

I lashed out. I wanted to blame everyone. Especially, Rotogrinders and their forums. In the end though, I came to the realization it was a lesson learned and it was my fault.

From that point on, I added another lineup if I wanted to change a player. If I didn’t add any more lineups, than I was satisfied with the players I used.

How they finish is how they finish.

No Regrets.

• mh8235

@depalma13 said...

I once changed my lineup with two minutes before lock in NFL and it cost me a half million dollars. A person on the NFL forum who was a well respected player at the time convinced me that the rookie receiver I had in my lineup was garbage and that this other rookie receiver was a much better play. The receiver I switched out of had two TDs and over 150 yards receiving. The guy I switched into had one catch for five yards.

Had I not touched anything, I win the Sunday Million by 4 points. I was throwing up that Sunday night because of what I did.

I lashed out. I wanted to blame everyone. Especially, Rotogrinders and their forums. In the end though, I came to the realization it was a lesson learned and it was my fault.

From that point on, I added another lineup if I wanted to change a player. If I didn’t add any more lineups, than I was satisfied with the players I used.

How they finish is how they finish.

No Regrets.

Was that rookie receiver AJ Brown? But yeah everyone has their bad beat story. The game of DFS is built that way – especially with top heavy price structures – and in a game like showdown where the margin of error is literally minuscule.

A PSA for everyone that plays Showdown – you need to start viewing your team as a UNIT rather than individuals. Like 2 weeks ago taught me just because I had Cameron Tringale shoot a 8-under (63) it didn’t mean I automatically won just because I had by far the best individual at low ownership – as a result of 3 other guys playing just average I didn’t even come in the top10…

I was quite shocked myself when I saw the results, but that made me understand showdown golf is a TEAM game

• Dewoc19

@noddy said...

Isn’t it all about being in the fairway this week more than normal?

He only hit 57% of fairways…. so it’s not like he was real accurate. Everybody at the top of the leaderboard drove it farther than him while hitting it farther as well

• XxHeisenbergxX

I love bad beat stories..thats what these forums are all about..to have fun, swap info, bitch and moan…why gamble if you dont enjoy it???

I CAN’T believe one guy who CANTPLAY golf has caused so much hysteria…(get it…Can’t..LOL)
    I have tons of CanTPlay and its my fault no one elses..

Bad beat story if Arcangues didn’t beat Bertrando in the 93 Breeders Cup Classic I would be 5 million dollars richer…and that’s just my first official true bad beat.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@timusbr said...

If I lived close to squids mom I would be his dad

I don’t wish that on anyone LOL

• BrianVT

Was there a bitchfest last night? I mean, I had a few beers last night, too, but I guess I stayed off of the message boards, or maybe I went to bed.

I’m torn between bouncebacks today, or just stick with the guys I liked for full tourney that are maybe E or better. Bouncebacks never seem to workout for me, but yet there are always a few out there somewhere.

• Wander_Bread

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

I love bad beat stories..thats what these forums are all about..to have fun, swap info, bitch and moan…why gamble if you dont enjoy it???

I CAN’T believe one guy who CANTPLAY golf has caused so much hysteria…(get it…Can’t..LOL)

Bad beat story if Arcangues didn’t beat Bertrando in the 93 Breeders Cup Classic I would be 5 million dollars richer…and that’s just my first official true bad beat.

Ouch. My 6 year old self at the time felt very bad for you

• Wander_Bread

10 AM can’t get here soon enough. Problem is almost my full pool of full tourney players in PM today so I need to wait until 4pm. Best believe I got down in some Showdown with some early players.

Had my best day ever yesterday betting match-ups. Went 5-0 including 3 straight up, 1 3 team parly, and 1 5 team parlay. Made a lot so looking to invest in some bets to win. Anyone see any value out there they like after the first round?

A lot of the same guys I bet are also on my teams. Have a couple of solid lineups going in the milly, dogleg, and 200 SE.

Milly, 200 SE, Dogleg
    Xander -4
    Steele -4
    Woods -2
    Morikawa -1
    Ancer -1
    Oosthuizen E

Another milly lineup that is also in some of the other multi-entry GPP’s
    Xander -4
    Steele -4
    Berger -3
    Woods -2
    Ancer -1
    Stenson E

Leaderboard is so tight yesterday doesn’t really matter, but still exciting to not a Cantlay or someone like that in all my lines.

• me_mike84

@Sleazygreazy said...

Not sure if it will go over any better here. Maybe you can email DK and ask them to set up showdown contests where everyone gets one tradezie after the round.

As the other dude alluded too, you have to get used to it, happens to everyone. Have you ever listened to a bad beat poker story? my goodness, they’re the worst, can’t wait for them to be over and smile and nod until the merciful conclusion. Same thing here

oh man I got some horrific bad beat poker stories lol

as for the OP on this….all I can say is been there done that. what i have learned is that there is no optimal strategy when it comes to DFS. you can look at thousands of spreadsheets and it doesn’t really matter. week after week I read about people who are course fits, course horses, whatever….and they don’t wind up making the cut. same thing in other sports too where the projected matchup is golden and they flop.

you have to understand OP that there is some luck involved here. yes maybe Cantlay was a good pick for multiple reasons but he could have woken up and it just wasn’t his day yesterday. just because someone is a good pick doesn’t mean they are going to perform as expected, they are human after all. yes, it stinks you lost out on the money, i’d be bummed too. but at least you won 100 bucks to put towards more contests. your day will come, just be patient brotha.

• me_mike84

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

we should open up a separate thread just for bad beats. i’m sure it will get tons of action lol

and I was 100% cantlay this week….so i get it. the dude CANTPLAY.

**bad beat story. @ the borgata in AC years back. get dealt aces….there was a raise pre flop and I just smooth called. (i was the only caller) flop comes A J 2 (two diamonds). it’s to me and I check so the guy raises. i reraise him all in for $3000. guy calls and he flips over pocket 3’s. runner runner 3’s for quads. that dude should have never been at a poker table. i was so pissed as was the rest of the table. i could see if he was bluffing and got caught but he called my all in re-raise. i ended my weekend early and went home LOL

• mitchsnyderdfw

Looks like some more difficult pin placements for Round 2. Maybe we’ll see some higher scores.

Check out the placement on #7, don’t want to be long on that hole.

https://twitter.com/PGAChampionship/status/1291588868060266497/photo/1

• mitchsnyderdfw

@me_mike84 said...

guy calls and he flips over pocket 3’s. runner runner 3’s for quads.

• ifthethunder

Our hero (Patrick Cantlay) tees off on one at 12:52 along with Tony Finau and Danny Willett. Stay tuned, Bat Fans!
    ~

• me_mike84

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

only thing i can think of is that he thought the 2 on the flop was a 3. otherwise you don’t make that call

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.