Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• cheezpizza

@ValuableTrader said...

Why will it be so cold in Calli?

“The coldest winter i ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco.”

• mitchsnyderdfw

Did anyone see much of Woodland last week? Seems like his driving issues are still present, not sure I’m ready to jump back in on him.

• Logan7777

@ValuableTrader said...

Why will it be so cold in Calli?

A thick marine layer parks itself off the California coast this time of year. As the inland valley heats up, air rises and pulls the marine layer through the Golden Gate as that is the path of least resistance. The ocean off of San Francisco is probably 50 degrees, so the marine layer is cold. SF will get a high of mid 60, but 50 miles inland at Sacramento, it will be 100.

Here’s a satellite pic of the marine layer: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G17&sector=psw&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12

• byo34

Torn between Fleetwood or Finau. Finau has been consistent in majors the past few years but his split with his caddie then being the 3rd worst on approach last week is a bit concerning.

Fleetwood I would be on for 3 weeks in a row and his driver is the only thing that has me concerned really. But this track could really suit him.

• RudyPujols

So, I assumed we had POA this week being Cali, but I’m seeing that it is Bent. Is that right?

I know Broogsy didn’t mind POA at the US Open, but it’s hard not to give him a bump in a Major with Bent. I was a lot more confident in ride or die with Xander until I learned of this. Not that I’ll be off him over it, just might have to rethink whether going all in on Xander with some Brooks should be flip-flopped.

• Rickytango13

I like hv3 this week

• BrianVT

Can Shane Lowry win a major when there aren’t thousands of Irish folks cheering him on? Appears to do well on Bent grass.

• kdsdawg

@byo34 said...

Torn between Fleetwood or Finau. Finau has been consistent in majors the past few years but his split with his caddie then being the 3rd worst on approach last week is a bit concerning.

Fleetwood I would be on for 3 weeks in a row and his driver is the only thing that has me concerned really. But this track could really suit him.

his last three PGA finishes

• ValuableTrader

@cheezpizza said...

“The coldest winter i ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco.”

Tiger seems sick? Coughing and shit…

• kdsdawg

@ValuableTrader said...

Tiger seems sick? Coughing and shit…

with his back issues, fading him with him having to play in the cool morning and then the windchill afternoon won’t be much better

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BrianVT said...

Can Shane Lowry win a major when there aren’t thousands of Irish folks cheering him on? Appears to do well on Bent grass.

• deepfat

@cheezpizza said...

Rory won an event here before. I think the course fits him perfectly. He’s my favorite this week.

Rory just seems in the wilderness right now. Irons aren’t good, can’t putt. Hard fade for me. Will ride with Xander or Rahm instead.

• Money0227

@byo34 said...

I consider Fleetwood more of a grinder and more suited to have success on this course. If more scoring was expected, I would like Finau. This week seems to be more like a US Open.

• BIF

@kdsdawg said...

his last three PGA finishes

…and Fleetwood’s Last 3 PGA’s have been 61, 35, 48

• cheezpizza

@deepfat said...

Rory just seems in the wilderness right now. Irons aren’t good, can’t putt. Hard fade for me. Will ride with Xander or Rahm instead.

So did Brooks before this week.
    The worlds best rise to the occasion in Majors.
    Theres not much CH for players so I’ll go off my gut and some peripheral stats.

• bcandrws

@mgravity said...

July In California years back we were in Sacramento and it was 100 degrees…Drove in to San Fran it was like 55. Freezing for Floridians in shorts and tee shirts, had to go in to one of the 10,000 souvenir shops and buy cheap sweat shirts for everybody. Then I went Golfing.

i used to live in sac back in the 90s

• cheezpizza

@kdsdawg said...

with his back issues, fading him with him having to play in the cool morning and then the windchill afternoon won’t be much better

Back issues and age = auto fade for the rest of my DFS career with Tiger.

• BIF

@kdsdawg said...

Assuming you are fading Jason Day as well and likely Louis Oost – the bad back Tour triad !

• bcandrws

@BIF said...

In other news, I love seeing satellites in the PGA Lobby for NFL Milly Makers 🏈

Week 1 NFL has 2 Milly Makers on Sunday plus their Thursday season opening Showdown Milly

On Sunday they have a $5 entry $5M contest with 1.2M entries and a $100 entry $2.5M with 28K entries

The Thursday Showdown Milly is a $10 300K entry contest

Oh and they also added Best Ball contests for NFL this year

i will def play the nfl millys

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

DFS rules for the majors:

1. Play Koepka
    2. Play Finau
    3. Play almost full salary or full salary
    4. Collect the milly

I fully intend to go by the rules even if Koepka is too expensive.

• mogan11

@BIF said...

Assuming you are fading Jason Day as well and likely Louis Oost – the bad back Tour triad !

Ha, I think all 3 of those guys were on my initial build.

• bigez952

@RudyPujols said...

Pretty sure someone has posted on here or maybe I saw elsewhere that DK won’t approve over $100k rake free (at least not weekly for PME). So be prepared for it to not get bigger even for Masters.

It has already been discussed that the DK won’t allow rake free contests to have a prize pool of over $100,000 hence why the PME is capped at 6,667 entries. However last year at the Masters Pat Mayo ran at 10,000 entries but he cut the buy in to $10. He did mention on one of his podcasts that doing that is an option again to allow more people to get in but he also really likes the $15 price point so he was torn on that decision.

• titanhawks

tee times and groups are up on pgatour.com

• titanhawks

I’m done and cut LU’s from six to three for the PME and the MIlly with an eleven player pool and two I’m all in on this week

• ifthethunder

@BrianVT said...

SHANE! is in my default lineup. Will still be in some when I separate them out. His game seems to be rounding into form. And at 7,500, he doesn’t need to win to help you win. Just score well.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).