Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• MGoHarbaugh

My criteria this week:

1. Long and straight off the tee
    2. Above average approach
    3. Solid with long irons
    4. Strong bogey/double bogey avoidance
    5. Not horrific ARG

Some guys meeting that criteria that I’m liking: Morikawa, Hideki, Ancer, Xander, Fleetwood, Scott, Sungjae, EVR, Rose

• sneaksox

@MGoHarbaugh said...

My criteria this week:

1. Long and straight off the tee
    2. Above average approach
    3. Solid with long irons
    4. Strong bogey/double bogey avoidance
    5. Not horrific ARG

Some guys meeting that criteria that I’m liking: Morikawa, Hideki, Ancer, Xander, Fleetwood, Scott, Sungjae, EVR, Rose

Looking at similar stats.

Rose is a total wildcard because this seems like the type of course he’d thrive at if he was in good form, but he’s obviously struggling with something. Maybe this will be the week he puts it together but I don’t think I can take that chance.

Plus you have Finau, Fleetwood, Scott and even Speith right there alongside him. My guess is Rose will be lowest owned in that range though…

• Getty33

I think The Bison may fly a bit under the radar. No one really likes him. I just worry about his propensity for driving into areas where burrowing animals and solitary red ants take refuge.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Here is a bit tournament on DK. Winner gets a free month of Fantasy National.

https://twitter.com/TheMoosenomics/status/1290729431623966720

• timusbr

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Here is a bit tournament on DK. Winner gets a free month of Fantasy National.

I just fell in love with Fantasy National…. A PIG contest

• cardriverx93

anyone else playing the guy who won a PGA tournament last week and finished T3 the week before…

• benstnick

@kdsdawg said...

his last three PGA finishes

Last 3 finishes at different courses? What is the relevance of past PGA finishes?

• timusbr

@Getty33 said...

I think The Bison may fly a bit under the radar. No one really likes him. I just worry about his propensity for driving into areas where burrowing animals and solitary red ants take refuge.

I dont like him but I think he is a good golfer with something to prove.
    he doesnt fit so many buckets for the stats this week because of his length and accuracy. If he can pull his head out of his ass, he gives it a go IMHO (I gave him a shot because of I also believe he is low ownership)

• BrianVT

@Getty33 said...

Aside from the three-peat 3 wood into somebody’s backyard, he seems to be able to get himself out of trouble pretty well. Maybe this will be the type of rough that finally does him in, though.

• benstnick

Rory/Tiger/JT is gonna be a fun group to watch

• BrianVT

@cardriverx93 said...

anyone else playing the guy who won a PGA tournament last week and finished T3 the week before…

Not real confidently, but will be playing a little bit.

• cheezpizza

@cardriverx93 said...

• Getty33

@BrianVT said...

Maybe this will be the type of rough that finally does him in, though.

From what I gather the rough will as penal as it was at the Memorial. Basically you’re not getting a GIR if you’re in the rough off the tee, and if you ‘re in the greenside rough, you’re just trying to get on the surface , hole position be damned.

It’s funny that seemingly every time a golfer makes bogey or worse, it starts with a tee shot that doesn’t hit the fairway(green on par 3). Yet driving accuracy leaders is full of mostly guys who don’t score that well. A conundrum I will say.

• Ricardo5346

I’m feeling some Bubba this week

• kdsdawg

@benstnick said...

Last 3 finishes at different courses? What is the relevance of past PGA finishes?

its a major, his comment was about high finishes in majors.

• kdsdawg

@BIF said...

Assuming you are fading Jason Day as well and likely Louis Oost – the bad back Tour triad !

not fading Day, pretty heavy on him. His health issues have not been nearly as severe as Tigers and he has been playing pretty good. But, since you mentioned it, I will think more about it as he is in the $100 entry L/Us, both of them. Might need to do a swap at that range.

• kdsdawg

@Felixxberg said...

DFS rules for the majors:

1. Play Koepka
    2. Play Finau
    3. Play almost full salary or full salary
    4. Collect the milly

I fully intend to go by the rules even if Koepka is too expensive.

even taking into account Finau’s last three PGA finishes?

• timusbr

Here is the status of the Happy Meal Cup (thru WGC St Jude)

HMrestartwk8

The Rahm 3.5 pt error was fixed for the memorial.

This week is a Major and the Happy Meal Cup Points are DOUBLED.
    also, the Fed Ex playoffs are worth TRIPLE points, There is plenty of time for many of you to catch up.

Need 13 people to fill the Happy Meal 137/150

• byo34

@kdsdawg said...

its a major, his comment was about high finishes in majors.

I said majors correct, not PGA championships. He has 5 top 10s in the last 8 majors.

Either way, I went with Fleetwood. Decided to stick with him for the 3rd week and hope for the best!

• smallANDflaccid

@timusbr said...

Wasn’t the PIG to get lowest score? Is this one lowest score? Or highest score with lower ceiling?

• Steverino01

@timusbr said...

Here is the status of the Happy Meal Cup (thru WGC St Jude)

HMrestartwk8

The Rahm 3.5 pt error was fixed for the memorial.

This week is a Major and the Happy Meal Cup Points are DOUBLED.
    also, the Fed Ex playoffs are worth TRIPLE points, There is plenty of time for many of you to catch up.

Need 13 people to fill the Happy Meal 137/150

I’m not sure what I’m looking at here. I won last week (stingrays01), but it’s showing I only got 6 points.

• shadowchap1978

Made 20 lineups yesterday and haven’t touched them to tinker yet… so many options and so little time…LFG already lol!

• HunkerToe

@timusbr said...

the Fed Ex playoffs are worth TRIPLE points

Can I ask why? Seems excessive to make them worth more than Majors

• FredPupples

@HunkerToe said...

Can I ask why? Seems excessive to make them worth more than Majors

Because FedEx has the gold

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@kdsdawg said...

even taking into account Finau’s last three PGA finishes?

I know he couldn’t keep the lead twice, but still, he finished 3rd and 8th in those! If he finishes top 10, he’s a fine pick at $7.9K!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).