Comments

• whodat2

When: August 6-9

Where: San Francisco, CA

Course: TPC Harding Park | A Par 70 playing at 7234 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Brooks Koepka at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +4

Coverage:
    ESPN and CBS (Sat & Sun) has full coverage of this year’s tournament.

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Happy Meal Restart Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• ifthethunder

@BigRay said...

I have a Brooks/DJ 6/6 and faded both in the SD as a hedge if things go awry.

I’m making this one in hopes of something going a-RIGHT, ha ha!
    ~

• fantasypropat

@BigRay said...

I have a Brooks/DJ 6/6 and faded both in the SD as a hedge if things go awry.

Don’t see DJ not winning by 3 or so.

• BigRay

@fantasypropat said...

He will be my Capt. in this new late afternoon thing.

• Gtzerphy

@fantasypropat said...

How soon we forget “bad” DJ, I can see him shooting 66 or 76!

• BigRay

@Gtzerphy said...

“bad” DJ

We will see if he appears at the first 3 foot putt for par.

• briangalone

$650 in 6/6 entries spread across 5 lineups out of $750 total in is currently returning $75 – hoping for half back at this point – crazy.

• noddy

Is Kang going to shoot a 64 by himself?

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

I need fat and skinny

to have the days of their lives

And one of DJ, Scheffler, Morikawa, or Fleetwood to win. I need Brooks, Bryson, Berger, and Day to play average at best.

• noddy

For the first time since I can remember my current winnings increased on a Saturday instead of decreasing. Fully expecting them do decrease by more than what they increased yesterday. Best of luck everyone.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@fantasypropat said...

DJ’s made a ton of longs putts. I’m totally ok with him winning by 3 shots though, but I think it’ll be close.

I don’t really think Champ can win this, but people are talking about him like he has no shot on TV because he doesn’t have the “experience.” They must have forgotten Champ has MORE PGA TOUR wins at this point in his career than Brooks Koepka did when he won his first major.

• noddy

I’m loving watching golf in the evenings.

• me_mike84

faded DJ in showdown. let’s go Brooks!!

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@depalma13 said...

Yeah it’s pretty crazy.

I’ve been as high as 20 and am currently in 76th. If Palmer and Reavie get out there with some low stuff this morning, it’s going to be a big time sweat tonight.

Placement points are heavily overweighted this tournament so a bogey is actually extra costly here compared to one of your typical birdie fests.

Cantlay is -3 but T21. The -7 guys are T4 now. The placement points of just those 4 strokes is worth so much, and it’s entirely possible a -3 or -4 guy (Cantlay or someone else) can get to a top 10, top 5 finish at the end of the day with a big day and that can be a big mover.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

Brooks so arrogant in his interview yesterday. I know he has the right to be as a 4 time Major Champ but he was basically putting down everyone else. It was actually funny, since he was asked about his competitors and his reponse was like “uhh I don’t really know about the other guys on the leaderboard…oh wait I think DJ has 1 Major…that’s about it right? Don’t know about anyone else”

• me_mike84

@superstars92 said...

Placement points are heavily overweighted this tournament so a bogey is actually extra costly here compared to one of your typical birdie fests.

Cantlay is -3 but T21. The -7 guys are T4 now. The placement points of just those 4 strokes is worth so much, and it’s entirely possible a -3 or -4 guy (Cantlay or someone else) can get to a top 10, top 5 finish at the end of the day with a big day and that can be a big mover.

and -3/-4 is entirely possible. i took webb and reed for that reason. the jump from T21 to T4 is basically a birdie.

DJ only has a 1 shot lead. lots of guys right on his tail…i had to fade him and play the angle of the guys below making a run.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Guys like Champ, Morikawa, and Scheffler should take note of what Brooks said about them yesterday. Champ and Morikawa have done more at their age then Brooks did at his age.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

I need the kids to come through today…. Berger, Morikawa, X mainly and a decent round from English, Ancer and… Spieth (sigh…)

• PlanB

@tracermat said...

Do not like the late 4th round DK H2H’s going to a Captain pick as the only option…..;(

Yeah why roll out the capt pick in late showdown in the middle of a major
    Don’t do many late SDs but hit a few yesterday

• fantasypropat

DJ, Casey, Day, Berger, Fleetwood, top 5 for sure. Brooks ends up tied 10th. Lets gooooo.

• fantasypropat

@Unico10 said...

I need the kids to come through today…. Berger, Morikawa, X mainly and a decent round from English, Ancer and… Spieth (sigh…)

Just don’t see Colin or Champ being below par today under the pressure.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

Just noticed Rory has more fantasy points than both Cantlay and Reed! No wonder there are still Rory lineups in the top 100 of the Millionaire Maker….Rory has put up a huge amount of birdies.

Also Abe Ancer has 39 fantasy points right now…that’s embarassing. Hatton has 30 and he MCed.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@fantasypropat said...

Just don’t see Colin or Champ being below par today under the pressure.

Collin and Champ pressure?

Collin + Champ have won more PGA Tour events than Casey + Fleetwood and the first two were kids when Casey won his 1st.

I feel like Morikawa doesn’t even know what pressure is. He seems the exact same way. He missed two 5 footers to lose to Berger and then a few weeks sunk a 25 footer after JT made a 50 footer in a must make playoff and eventually won. I feel like there’s way more pressure on DJ. He should have 4 Majors by now, but he’s massively underachieved his talent in the Majors.

• fantasypropat

@superstars92 said...

Just noticed Rory has more fantasy points than both Cantlay and Reed! No wonder there are still Rory lineups in the top 100 of the Millionaire Maker….Rory has put up a huge amount of birdies.

Also Abe Ancer has 39 fantasy points right now…that’s embarassing. Hatton has 30 and he MCed.

Rory -5 today? Been unlucky so far. Course insanely easy this morning.

• ifthethunder

@Unico10 said...

I don’t need Spieth, but definitely hoping Morikawa and English do some good things.
    ~

• BIF

Collin has won more pro tournaments (2) than the number of cuts he has missed as a pro (1)…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.