PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: May 20-23

Where: Kiawah Island, SC

Course: Ocean Course at Kiawah Island | A Par 72 playing at 7876 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Collin Morikawa at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Coverage (Link shows available wall to wall coverage options)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• whodat2

They call this place the “Figure 8”. 1st 4 holes out with the wind. Then 8 straight back into the wind following a crosswind hole. Then final four holes back to the clubhouse with the wind, after another crosswind hole. On average, wind speeds here are around 35 mph on this exposed course. The greens aren’t super fast because of the constant wind.

• whodat2

Your Last 12 Major Winners and their DK Salary:

Masters: Hideki Matsuyama – 8300

US Open: Bryson – 9900
    PGA: Morikawa – 8600
    Masters: DJ – 10,000

Masters: Tiger – 10,500
    US Open: Woodland – 8600
    The Open: Lowry – 7900
    PGA: Koepka – 10,400

Masters: Pat Reed – 7700
    US Open: Koepka – 9200
    The Open: Molinari – 8600
    PGA: Koepka – 9300

• noddy

I’m going to just go ahead and start early. Man Spieth is awful. Never again.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

My biggest question mark is Koepka. Does anyone have any info about how golfers do after a similar injury?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Also, what the hell happened to Rickie Fowler? Wasn’t he a constant top 10 threat even in majors not so long ago?

• whodat2

The longest yardage for a major in the history of majors. That fact has to be considered imo.

• jv21

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

Fortunately I won some tickets into the Milly so I am going to try harder in my research. To win, you probably have to make some contrarian/against the public plays, what are some trends you think people will overly gravitate towards for the tournament that we can target to go against?

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

The longest yardage for a major in the history of majors. That fact has to be considered imo.

Agreed and the weekend forecast is looking to be pretty windy after two decent opening days.

• seangeezy

Looking forward to this one!

• seangeezy

@whodat2 said...

They call this place the “Figure 8”. 1st 4 holes out with the wind. Then 8 straight back into the wind following a crosswind hole. Then final four holes back to the clubhouse with the wind, after another crosswind hole. On average, wind speeds here are around 35 mph on this exposed course. The greens aren’t super fast because of the constant wind.

Average wind speeds are not close to 35 mph – that’s borderline unplayable on fast greens.

• MrSnuffleupagus

Little nugget for you, Rory Won the 2012 PGA Championship which happened to be played here. Shot 6 under in the final round and won by 8 strokes.

Before his win at Quail H he switched back to some old Equipment.

Everything is pointing to da guy.

Edit: 2012-2021 same exact numbers !

• BrianVT

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Little nugget for you, Rory Won the 2012 PGA Championship which happened to be played here. Shot 6 under in the final round and won by 8 strokes.

Before his win at Quail H he switched back to some old Equipment.

Everything is pointing to da guy.

Edit: 2012-2021 same exact numbers !

I watched that final round recently on golf channel. Poulter birdied his first 6 holes to almost catch the leaders, which included Carl Patterson. How do I identify this year’s Poulter/Patterson nuts lineup?

• BrianVT

@jv21 said...

, what are some trends you think people will overly gravitate towards for the tournament that we can target to go against?

Pete Dye and wind.

Problem is, you’ll need to play some chalk and fade others to get it just right. People will gravitate towards some golfers because those are the correct ones to play.

• ifthethunder

There was a Big Birdie promo yesterday, and this one paid off. I forgot to check and didn’t opt in. Anyone else get it?

https://www.draftkings.com/lp/big-birdie-payday
    ~

• jv21

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

@BrianVT said...

Pete Dye and wind.

Problem is, you’ll need to play some chalk and fade others to get it just right. People will gravitate towards some golfers because those are the correct ones to play.

Yeah I agree, some chalk will be needed. I will be interesting to see who becomes chalk.

How do y’all rank the course factors in this tournament?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@noddy said...

I’m going to just go ahead and start early. Man Spieth is awful. Never again.

What are you talking about. His last MC was the Farmers in January. Since then he’s gone:

T4
    T3
    T15
    T4
    48th – Players
    Win
    T3 – Masters
    T9 – Nelson

Outside of Sam Burns he’s one of the hottest guys going right now. Or was this an attempt at a reverse jinx?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@ifthethunder said...

There was a Big Birdie promo yesterday, and this one paid off. I forgot to check and didn’t opt in. Anyone else get it?

https://www.draftkings.com/lp/big-birdie-payday
    ~

I got in just as the leaders were finishing 16. Only because the ran the Bryson commercial for it. Usually my DK App gives me the prompt for it, but with as easy as the course was this week I am guessing the wanted to keep it quiet.

• whodat2

@seangeezy said...

Average wind speeds are not close to 35 mph – that’s borderline unplayable on fast greens.

I think you might have misread my post. The caddy that I had, when I played in a tournament there last year, said that the greens AREN’T lightning fast because of said wind. I played it in February, so I don’t know if it is windier then or not. I’ll tell you what though, I did have to call and ask the wife to bring me some chapstick mid round.

• Wander_Bread

So excited for this week. Member guest on Thursday so won’t be able to watch much but off Friday and will be dialed in all weekend.

One player I am going to be overweight on for sure is Louie at $8,000. I like Robbie Mac at $7,000 as well upon first look.

Rory obviously has to be heavily considered based on his win here in 2012, the length of the course, and the fact that he is coming off a win.

• BigRay

@Felixxberg said...

Also, what the hell happened to Rickie Fowler?

He got married to a hot wife with lot’s more money than he makes….

• BrianVT

Should we expect Sam Burns to be pretty chalky based on the last 3-tourney heater he’s on?

• whodat2

Here is something I just found out. The PGA will be allowing range finders for this year’s championship.

• Wander_Bread

@whodat2 said...

Here is something I just found out. The PGA will be allowing range finders for this year’s championship.

I saw a lot of the players are not happy about it, specifically the golfers that believe they have a really strong caddy. The thought is that this levels the playing field a bit and takes away some of the advantages that a great caddy gives you.

• kdsdawg

@BrianVT said...

Should we expect Sam Burns to be pretty chalky based on the last 3-tourney heater he’s on?

hope he is huge chalk so my fade will be better
    big difference in courses he has been hot on and this IMO

• RudyPujols

T70 and ties, maybe three dozen guys who are non-legit auto-fades. Has the trappings of a 15-18% 6/6. Throw in some gnarly conditions. I almost never try and get cute with ownership, but this might be the time for some uncomfortable pivots.That said, I don’t disagree that some chalk will find its way into the optimal.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).