PGA FORUM

• whodat2

When: May 20-23

Where: Kiawah Island, SC

Course: Ocean Course at Kiawah Island | A Par 72 playing at 7876 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Collin Morikawa at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Coverage (Link shows available wall to wall coverage options)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• depalma13

@BrianVT said...

Isn’t that too far North and off-shore?

A system like that will affect winds coming out of the north and can definitely cause plenty of quick pop up showers, even if it is that fat away.

It might also develop farther southwest.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Getty33 said...

It’s free, Mitch. At least for those who took the time to make one click of the mouse or tap of the phone.

• RudyPujols

Man, I’m thinking of flipping from 0% Finau to 20+% Finau, but the waste area unplayable shrubbery is the only thing holding me back. Seems like he could find his fair share of those.

• twopairsofones

I should done with my lineup, but still time to tinker a bit

Win: Berger over JT in a playoff
    Fade: Everyone else not in my lineup(single bullet)
    Sleeper: Bezuidenhout

• Getty33

@RudyPujols said...

Man, I’m thinking of flipping from 0% Finau to 20+% Finau, but the waste area unplayable shrubbery is the only thing holding me back. Seems like he could find his fair share of those.

He’s so far off the radar this week despite 5 top 10s in his last 8 majors. I think you’re on the right track.

• ifthethunder

Most of my lineups have one of the top salaries at the top because stars and scrubs is easy to do when there are so many scrubs (salary-wise) to choose from. But I wonder if any of the five-figure guys will end up in optimal lineups.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Made 3 lineups
    Gonna have to choose eventually

I really like the construction with 4 between mid 8k and mid 9k but uncomfortable with most of the guys in the 6ks…. no to chalk-charl, maybe Bez, maybe Moli, maybe Palmer

OTOH by taking one high priced golfer away you can fit 3 in the mid 7k which has many appealing options

Not too worry about ownership on a small field tourney like that

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Also trying to determine how much weight to put into accuracy vs scrambling…. if the wind is going to cause even the accurate guys to scramble, than isn’t scrambling more important?

• Getty33

@ifthethunder said...

Most of my lineups have one of the top salaries at the top because stars and scrubs is easy to do when there are so many scrubs (salary-wise) to choose from. But I wonder if any of the five-figure guys will end up in optimal lineups.
    ~

Worried that neither of Tim’s HMs are going to fill in time. Might want to spread the word around in other forums or do the 20-30 man resizable that you suggested.

• depalma13

Team “OO”, 100 variants.

This should be fun.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Not sure if anyone else on here follows him. But here is a good follow on Twitter to see what the touts are saying each week.

https://twitter.com/GHaakAttack/status/1395114746706382857

• ifthethunder

@Getty33 said...

Worried that neither of Tim’s HMs are going to fill in time. Might want to spread the word around in other forums or do the 20-30 man resizable that you suggested.

I hit the NHL and NBA forums already. Nothing bigger than 20 is resizable. (I’ve asked DK about that before on behalf of the hockey forum, their response on the help thread here is the usual “Our algorithm says that thing you say you want? You don’t really want it.”)

We’re up to 92 / 100 now. I’ll make a 20-man in a hour or so if we don’t get there.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/108216224
    ~

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

Is Mav McNealy in play? Great scrambler, plays well on coastal courses.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@klf_is_gonna_rock_ya said...

That guy either plays really well or MC.

There’s no in between

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Unico10 said...

Also trying to determine how much weight to put into accuracy vs scrambling…. if the wind is going to cause even the accurate guys to scramble, than isn’t scrambling more important?

I weighted scrambling pretty high this week. With all the run offs and the wind. ARG is going to come into play.

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

That guy either plays really well or MC.

There’s no in between

That’s kinda what you want, no?

• RudyPujols

He’s been a beast at Pebble, that’s for sure. Throw in 800 extra yards, different grass, and different setup and I’m not sure it translates. I’ll have none, but maybe he will scramble his butt off and make some noise.

• Vanderob14

Winner: Patty
    Fade: Casey, Burns
    Sleeper: Sugar Shane, Fitz

• mitchsnyderdfw

That’s kinda what you want, no?

At his price level I would just pull for a made cut. Anything above T30 is a bonus.

• depalma13

Winner: Grace

Fade: Bryson

Sleeper: Streelman

• Getty33

Winner : Jon Rahm. At least that’s what the Vegas peeps are telling me.

Fade : Surprisingly there is very little faith in McIlroy amongst the sharps.

Sleeper : Russell “Don” Henley has positive strokes gained in every category this year including #6 in SG:scrambling. Listen, the dude lives here on Kiawah and has been practicing for the last week on his home course. If even par winds up being a good score (I think it will), then Don is in the game to play the weekend.

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

We’re up to 92 / 100 now. I’ll make a 20-man in a hour or so if we don’t get there.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/108216224

Up to 98 / 100.

My thought it is we should hope we can fill it. Another email out now probably wouldn’t help that cause.

If anyone has a wife, g.f., brother-in-law who might be interested in DFS, tonight’s a great one to get involved!
    ~

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

@Getty33 said...

Winner : Jon Rahm. At least that’s what the Vegas peeps are telling me.

Fade : Surprisingly there is very little faith in McIlroy amongst the sharps.

Sleeper : Russell “Don” Henley has positive strokes gained in every category this year including #6 in SG:scrambling. Listen, the dude lives here on Kiawah and has been practicing for the last week on his home course. If even par winds up being a good score (I think it will), then Don is in the game to play the weekend.

Vegas knows who will win?

• RudyPujols

Steele or Wyndham a better cheap play? Wyndham is longer and better short game, Steele is more accurate off the tee and a much better iron player. Even if you hate both, which profile plays better this week?

• noddy

I jumped in to make it 99

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).