PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: May 20-23

Where: Kiawah Island, SC

Course: Ocean Course at Kiawah Island | A Par 72 playing at 7876 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Collin Morikawa at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Coverage (Link shows available wall to wall coverage options)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• mh8235

@RudyPujols said...

Cam Davis is determined to complete the journey from T1 late morning Friday to T81 Sunday.

Tringale and Van Rooyen aren’t impressed…maybe angry 👀…but definitely not impressed

Edit*- seems like they set the course up much easier today, looking for some guys and make a charge up that leaderboard…3rd hole is drivable

• BrianVT

No. 3 reachable today.

• laser1000000

What are thoughts on how close one would have to be to have a shot in the Milly today? Is it 100 points? Is it 50 since scoring has been more stable?

• mh8235

Lol the disrespect to Lucas Herbert in todays showdown…lowest guy owned in the finale after club pro and part time car wash balloon Brad Marek…and Herbert puttin on a beaut lmao 🤣

• Fontaine

Ancer birdies 2 of the first 3!

• RudyPujols

@mh8235 said...

club pro and part time car wash balloon Brad Marek…and

I’ve been pulling for him. He was a Senior at Indiana University my first year of law school there in ‘05-‘06. Snowman on 17 sunk his chance for a Top 40.

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Thanks. He yelled at some volunteers who wouldn’t shut up this morning on 2, and I thought it sounded/looked like him. Hadn’t really been watching his Twitter feed lately, so missed that. Holmes didn’t work out either?

He split with Holmes about a month or so ago; been freelancing since then and caddied for Greg Chalmers a week or two including last week.
    Not 100% sure how the Stenson gig came up this week as I haven’t talked to him in a bit.

• BIF

@laser1000000 said...

What are thoughts on how close one would have to be to have a shot in the Milly today? Is it 100 points? Is it 50 since scoring has been more stable?

Because the tip of the leaderboard is a bit spread out (and not bunched like having 3 tied for 1st and 3 tied for 2nd within a shot) and it not really being a birdie fest with many steaks or BOFR, I’d say you probably need to be within 50-60 and you need your worst guy who is sitting in 30th-50th place to really move up with something like a 66-67 today. To win you probably need 3 guy in Top 4 plus another 2 in Top 10-12 and your worst guy in 20th or better

• Fontaine

Ancer on fire. 4 birdies in 5 holes!

• tristanwolf

@MrBreeze said...

Phil & Louie drained their tanks yesterday, it was like a Sunday finish watching those two. I am playing the other three guys in the top five for today’s SD.

i dunno, phil almost holeing his chip then saving par when broogsy bogeyed 18, think he slept a tad better with that finish!

• mh8235

I keep taking Jason Day in daily showdown swearing that today will be the day he shoots 4-under…missing the first green from 100yds does not exude confidence…annoyed me enough to check his stats, and low and behold he does not have a round better than 68 in 2021…he officially cannot go low so if your picking him, better be a tournament where -12 is the winning score, cuz thats his ceiling 😅

• whodat2

@Fontaine said...

• laser1000000

@BIF said...

Because the tip of the leaderboard is a bit spread out (and not bunched like having 3 tied for 1st and 3 tied for 2nd within a shot) and it not really being a birdie fest with many steaks or BOFR, I’d say you probably need to be within 50-60 and you need your worst guy who is sitting in 30th-50th place to really move up with something like a 66-67 today. To win you probably need 3 guy in Top 4 plus another 2 in Top 10-12 and your worst guy in 20th or better

Appreciate this. I have all six guys in the top 13, and three in the top 10 but none higher than T7. Am about 80 points back. I have, to understate dramatically, never been this close before. I knew the likelihood was very low, but this gives me a much better sense of how remote my chances are.

• Fontaine

Ancer 31 on the front nine!

• Wander_Bread

Love the start by Honest Abe!

• ifthethunder

@Fontaine said...

Have him in more classics than any other gopher. I’m back from losing 80% of my entry fleas to just 1/3. PUFF PUFF PASS, buddy!
    ~

• Wander_Bread

Macintyre Streak to start!!

• byo34

Bobby Mac trying to raise my 4/6 from the grave!

• Fontaine

Stenson just broke his club in half LOL

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

The putting from my main lineup is atrocious. I think Rory alone has missed like 8 putts from inside 8 feet.

Edit: add Grillo to the list too. Stripes it to 6 feet on 5 and promptly jacks the putt.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Wyndham Clark does not want me to have money after today. What a mess on some the easiest holes.

• mh8235

It’ll come nowhere close to the top because no one in contention, but pretty crazy start for this DTG lineup…

Werenski (E)
    Cantlay (E)
    Zalatoris (+1)

Rose (E) – 4 under through 6
    Ancer (+1) – 5 under through 12
    Morikawa (+1) – 3 under through 3

12 under through 21 holes at Kiawah Island lol

• ifthethunder

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Wyndham Clark does not want me to have money after today. What a mess on some the easiest holes.

My top scoring 6/6’s have him and Garrick Higgo.

Higgo has a double bogey, but all those birdies!
    ~

• mitchsnyderdfw

Rory in trouble now.

Amazing he is only going to bogey after all that

• BIF

@laser1000000 said...

Appreciate this. I have all six guys in the top 13, and three in the top 10 but none higher than T7. Am about 80 points back. I have, to understate dramatically, never been this close before. I knew the likelihood was very low, but this gives me a much better sense of how remote my chances are.

You’ll need everyone to play well obviously but mostly you will need the top of the leaderboard to fall allowing your guys a chance to get Top 3’s

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).