PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: May 20-23

Where: Kiawah Island, SC

Course: Ocean Course at Kiawah Island | A Par 72 playing at 7876 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Collin Morikawa at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Coverage (Link shows available wall to wall coverage options)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• jsw3ent

Whats the deal with FANDUEL—-every other day it seems—-location can’t be verified—-been playing on there since inception—-played yesterday—-made a deposit today——yet still can’t make a lineup——-all settings are correct——I logged out——I even shut down my PC

• whodat2

@byo34 said...

Rickie is in a featured group but DJ isn’t… that isn’t right.

Where can I find who are the featured groups?

• ifthethunder

@timusbr said...

I Know I made it paid top 10

I quit for this week. Thunder please take over . will add any league contest into cup results.

I think we should try to fill it. 61/100 now. I know the tournament starts early Thursday, but if we can fill this then we have one with decent forum numbers, participation-wise.

After that, try to get one traditional style with 30 – 40?
    ~

• JimKronlund

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks! I’ll be swimming with sharks for sure, but I feel like golf is a sport where pros don’t crush that much.

Good luck Felix that is pretty exciting. I do not consider anyone to be a shark in DFS golf.

• BIF

I’m really wondering what the setup is going to be here and how many tee boxes they move up on a few holes – Rahm said the shortest club he hit in the last 5 holes was a 5 iron and Will Z said he hit 3-iron five times !

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@JimKronlund said...

Good luck Felix that is pretty exciting. I do not consider anyone to be a shark in DFS golf.

Thanks! Yep I have the same opinion. We have some pretty good forum regulars (does superstars123 still exist by the way?), but I don’t think any of them is shark enough to casually play the $4444 (maybe zioncres but that’s it). Most “pros” don’t seem to crush golf.

@Wander_Bread: It’s actually a 22 max, but only one guy has more than 7, and it’s theWhistlesGoWooo who has 16. Most pros, even Awesemo, have 5 or less.

• ifthethunder

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks! Yep I have the same opinion. We have some pretty good forum regulars (does superstars123 still exist by the way?), but I don’t think any of them is shark enough to casually play the $4444 (maybe zioncres but that’s it). Most “pros” don’t seem to crush golf.

@Wander_Bread: It’s actually a 22 max, but only one guy has more than 7, and it’s theWhistlesGoWooo who has 16. Most pros, even Awesemo, have 5 or less.

Best luck to you, Felix. $4,444 might be more than I’ve spent total on DFS golf.

I’ve got 11 tickets for the $20 thing, but the odds of winning the million there are much more Mega-millions dream noise compared to your contest.
    ~

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@ifthethunder said...

Best luck to you, Felix. $4,444 might be more than I’ve spent total on DFS golf.

I’ve got 11 tickets for the $20 thing, but the odds of winning the million there are much more Mega-millions dream noise compared to your contest.
    ~

Thanks! Winning a normal milly maker is indeed near impossible, but the $4444 is winnable. I haven’t won many 755+ man GPPs, but I have done it a few times.

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

Be interested to see what Clark’s salary is on DK when they get around to adding him.

I see DK finally put Wynhdam Clark in the pool, at 6,600.

Not sure if he’s a great fit or not, but probably will be a low-owned punt. Maybe?
    ~

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

Where can I find who are the featured groups?

PGA Tour tweeted this out:

Featured Groups for this week’s #PGAChamp:

Brooks Koepka
    Justin Thomas
    Rory McIlroy

Collin Morikawa
    Bryson DeChambeau
    Hideki Matsuyama

Jordan Spieth
    Webb Simpson
    Will Zalatoris

Rickie Fowler
    Adam Scott
    Tyrrell Hatton

Tommy Fleetwood
    Jon Rahm
    Patrick Reed

• Wander_Bread

What is everyone doing with Morikawa this week?

• jsw3ent

@jsw3ent said...

Whats the deal with FANDUEL—-every other day it seems—-location can’t be verified—-been playing on there since inception—-played yesterday—-made a deposit today——yet still can’t make a lineup——-all settings are correct——I logged out——I even shut down my PC

Is there a FD rep or expert on here ?

• JimKronlund

AT&T Byron Nelson payout: K.H. Lee nearly nets $1.5 million
    68th Dylan Meyer 16,848

DraftKings Milly:
    1st $1,000,000
    68th $750.00

• whodat2

@JimKronlund said...

AT&T Byron Nelson payout: K.H. Lee nearly nets $1.5 million
    68th Dylan Meyer 16,848

And we thought DraftKings was top heavy!

DK Milly winner nets 1 million
    68th place = $750

Just saying

• JimKronlund

@whodat2 said...

DK Milly winner nets 1 million
    68th place = $750

Just saying

yes I corrected that as you posted this.

• ifthethunder

We’re at 65 / 100. Time to get wives, grandparents, and children in?!?

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/108216224
    ~

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Wander_Bread said...

Which putter grip is he using this week?

• RudyPujols

@Wander_Bread said...

Can’t see any reason to fade him unless you see it being a blood bath scrambling contest. I’m not the most savvy internet weather guy, but I’m not seeing anything too terrifying in the forecast.

I’m full speed ahead with him and Vik, scrambling woes be damned, unless someone/something convinces me this is going to be uglier than it currently looks to me. I think he can handle long and firm just fine as long as it isn’t a blood bath where GIR% gets stupid low for everyone.

I will probably trot out a few lineups with 6 guys who are better built for scrambling, but to full fade Colin or Vik feels unwise.

• Getty33

@Wander_Bread said...

The answer is 1.
    What is the number of top 10 finishes for Colin Morikawa since winning the PGA last year Alex?

The answer is 10.
    What are the number of missed cuts for Sergio Garcia in his last 12 majors Alex?

• mitchsnyderdfw

Locked and loaded on a Tuesday, might just do some tinkering tomorrow.

Winner: Spieth locks up the Grand Slam, beating his buddy JT on 18
    Fade: DJ, Brooks
    Sleeper: C. Bez, Stenson

• kps3205s

Interesting article regarding Spieth’s change from the 2017 Pro V1x he has been playing to the 2021 version:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/jordan-spieth-ball-switch-it-looks-like-its-screaming-through-the-air

• kps3205s

Listened to part of Katrek and Maginnes on Tap and the wind was blowing at 14 mph today.

Wind direction Holes 1-4 in their face, #5 was crosswind, 6-13 downwind and 14-18 in their face.

There are reflector markers at the front of some greens so they can use the range finders to laser in on it to get the actual front of the green yardage vs what the yardage book says based on who created the book.

• Wander_Bread

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Which putter grip is he using this week?

I think he is still doing the claw grip, no?

I am conflicted on him for the reason that Randy highlighted. I don’t love him in a scrambling contest. But then again you have someone like Jon Rahm coming out and saying that this is going to be a complete ball striker week… in which case I definitely want to be overweight on Collin.

• BrianVT

JT posted on his twitter today that he had 220 to flag, into a 15 mph wind today, flighted a 4 iron, and it ended up in the water.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Wander_Bread said...

I think he is still doing the claw grip, no?

I am conflicted on him for the reason that Randy highlighted. I don’t love him in a scrambling contest. But then again you have someone like Jon Rahm coming out and saying that this is going to be a complete ball striker week… in which case I definitely want to be overweight on Collin.

I always knock Morikawa for his putting, but it has been better since he switched to claw grip.

If it’s between him and Rahm, probably taking Collin.

I have plenty of Collin, light on Rahm

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).