PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: May 20-23

Where: Kiawah Island, SC

Course: Ocean Course at Kiawah Island | A Par 72 playing at 7876 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Collin Morikawa at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Coverage (Link shows available wall to wall coverage options)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..!

• Giez

@eatmyturf23 said...

Yes, as of Wed night VegasInsider had a 280/1 odds on Phil.

• JimKronlund

@Getty33 said...

Nicklaus winning the US Open in 1986 at 46 after being given up for dead like the other two you mentioned.

Hogan who returned from a near-fatal automobile accident to win six of his nine career major championships, including the triple crown in 1953

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Which is a bigger deal? Tiger comeback win at Masters at 43 or Phil with another major at 50?

Tom Watson at The Open until he hit a hit 6iron one yard too far on 18 then lost the playoff. I like Cink but many people still hate him for that win over OL’ Tom.

• whodat2

@BrianVT said...

Phil with another major at 50?

Never been done before.

• Mccurds13

@BrianVT said...

Which is a bigger deal? Tiger comeback win at Masters at 43 or Phil with another major at 50?

To me this from Phil. To do it on a course with this length at his age, that’s incredible. Maybe not a bigger story, but a bigger achievement in my mind.

• noddy

Good for Phil

• timusbr

I saw someone grab Phils shoulders before security got there.

• BIF

@Mccurds13 said...

To me this from Phil. To do it on a course with this length at his age, that’s incredible. Maybe not a bigger story, but a bigger achievement in my mind.

Yah I’d agree with you that it’s this Phil story as I had about 40% Tiger at Augusta when he won but never considered Phil here plus he was like 200-1 and 50 years old !

I thought me finishing 3rd in my club championship last August at 52 was a good story but this trumps that too 😂

• BIF

@timusbr said...

I saw someone grab Phils shoulders before security got their.

Yah a guy was hugging/hanging off him

• timusbr

We will see these replays for awhile, so memorable but not the way I predicted.

• ifthethunder

Wow.
    ~

• BrianVT

@noddy said...

I think Tiger.

I agree.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@BIF said...

Yah I’d agree with you that it’s this Phil story as I had about 40% Tiger at Augusta when he won but never considered Phil here plus he was like 200-1 and 50 years old !

I thought me finishing 3rd in my club championship last August at 52 was a good story but this trumps that too 😂

Gonna say this… every time I enter 100+ and Phil is on the field and is priced low (as he has been for a while now) I always play 3-5% of him… just because. Being stupid I guess

Almost wish I hadn’t won that tix to the 4444 and played the regular milly… not that I would have had a 6/6 with him but would have had some shares

It’s pretty unbelievable really
    I wouldn’t have bet him outright even before teeing off on Saturday… incredible achievement

• BrianVT

@Mccurds13 said...

Yea, Tiger just feels “bigger”, but this seems more impressive for Phil

• eatmyturf23

The PGA Championship app notified Phil as winner before TV showed it. Kind of annoying, as I’m watching. But Phil had enough of lead that he was obviously going to putt the win home.

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Yea, Tiger just feels “bigger”, but this seems more impressive for Phil

Agreed, a lot of guys are still very competitive at 43 and despite Tiger’s back and knee issues in years past, The Masters is always at Augusta and Tiger is a course horse there – this, when you break it down, was fuk’n amazing at 50.

Especially knowing Phil’s erratic game over the past 5 years, for him to limit the damage all week and hit so many good smart tee shots, he deserved this one.

• byo34

Being the oldest major winner at the longest course in Major history is just so special..

So awesome to see.

• Fontaine

From winning $34,650 at 2PM, to breaking even at $1925 at 7PM. Gotta love PGA

• whodat2

Very Impressive. On a course where an iconic golf movie was filmed, where the legendary Bagger Vance once said: “Golf is a game that can’t be won, only played”. Well today, Mr. Phil Mickelson, not only did you play…… you won. Well Deserved.

• BrianVT

Should have played the $3 birdie instead of the $1 20-max for core cascade, but still happy with the $20 becoming $240, including a 15th place with my Brooks swap on Xander.

Overall, doubled money across all entries. Just one made putt from Xander could have been amazing.

• timusbr

Watching the crowd and thinking of covid. Its been a few weeks since we saw a positive. I cant believe any level of professional/college athlete not already vaccinated.
    smh at next report of someone who is positive.
    PS the risk is over yet its still around.

• Steverino01

I held my breath the whole back nine. I can finally breath.

WAY TO GO PHIL!

I cashed all 3 of my lineups (all 5/6) in the Milly and two were better than mini cash. Ended up 6th in the HM with a 5/6, crazy.

• noddy

Amanda did really well with the questions for Phil.

• BrianVT

@timusbr said...

PS the risk is over yet its still around

It will never disappear. I love not wearing my mask anymore. It’s been great. We all need to get back to normal.

• noddy

And Jim Nantz is so good. All around great stuff.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).